TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 04, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/4 - Top 8 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 04, 2012 users admin

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Philip and Elise are up next and will do a Tom Petty song after the break.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
on another note, Whitney's autopsy report was released today. She drowned in 13 inches of water, face down in very very hot, bath water. She had some scald marks on her face.

Coroner said cocaine use, love levels of other drugs. Sounds to me like she ran the bath and didnt realize how hot it was and she fell in. Think about it if the bath water was that hot by the time the cops got there it must have been scalding when she stepped in.

Back to idol.....

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Philip and Elise are singing Stop dragging my heart around. I am not feeling this performance and I loved this song back in the 80s.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Randy said Elise welcome back. That was amazing. Jennifer thought it was great. Stephen said it was outstanding, couldnt have been better. He thought it was beautiful, as good as it gets.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Holly is going to sing What a feeling from Flashdance.

Gwen tells her to bring edge into the song, it is not a sad song, it is a song about confidence.

Jimmy says Holly can be too technical but she has to bring feeling to the song because this song is about feeling. Slight snag now, waiting for them to fix a problem with stage.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh goodness, Hollie is crashing and burning.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen says her pitch was all over the place. Jennifer says you are listening to what everyone is telling you. You don't let go, you have to release and let go when you get up there. Listen to people but you have to let it go when you get on the stage. you have to stop thinking and feel it. Randy says Stephen and Jennifer are correct. your voice is amazing, those pitchy times happen when you are thinking not living it.

Basically they are telling her she is too young as a performer , she isnt ready.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Also, I don't get why she dressed so formally for that song? She should have been in black stretch pants and a cut up over the shoulder sweatshirt with a tank under it. Her wardrobe person should be shot.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jessica and Joshua will be the next duet up after the break.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Agree Naja, she looked like she was wearing the same dress Tony Curtis or maybe it was Marilyn wore in Some Like it Hot.

Plus when she did that little dance thing behind the judges they never even turned around. She was literally all over the place.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jessica and Joshua are singing, I knew you were waiting for me .

This is one of my favorite all time songs. Love it. To me this is the best duet of the night, but with my track record tonight, the judges will probably pan it.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Judges on their feet again.

Randy, two of the greatest singers in this competition. This is one of the greatest performances I have seen on this show. Jennifer said they are dream pairing, and she just thought "Final?".

Stephen said that performance defies judging, only to be enjoyed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, I think my Skylar gets the pimp spot tonight! Colton is next and that just leaves Skylar for her solo, right?

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Randy also mentioned that he had worked on this song with Aretha Franklin and George Michael.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
yep Naja.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Colton is going to sing Time after Time. Gwen thought he was great. Jimmy says no way he out this week.

Colton reminds me of Bryan Adams.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Another favorite song of mine. Colton doing a great job I think. he is making the song more hip. I really like it.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen said you nailed it, could do a record right now also asked who the drummer was, outstanding.

Jennifer loved it too. amazing, really liked it.

Randy, Yo, what you did tonight, Joshua and Philip you made the song your own. you are so current. Stephen is right you are ready to go. Props to the drummer.

I think of all the Idols I am more likely to buy Stephen's CD. might download this song. Gave props to another band where he had heard that arrangement before.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Skyler is going to sing Wind beneath my Wings. Gwen loves her voice, said it could be a wow week for her. She came into the mentoring session intending to sing 9-5.

She is doing a great job. love it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Skylar's first couple of lines were a bit rough, but then it got better and was great at the end. It wasn't my fav performance at of hers, but she's still my favorite. Off the vote. :-)

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Judges on their feet.

Randy, just says Wow Wow Wow. It was beautiful. This was her best performance, unbelievable, amazing. be all you can be.

Jennifer said to america, Do not count me out. You have been doing these country songs, but you just told them you can sing with the best over everyone who is here, amazing.

Stephen said it was the best song you could sing with your voice. you have the beginning of a great career.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
My money is on Elise and Hollie being in the bottom 2. Hollie should go home.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
My top three tonight were Josh, Colton and Skylar.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really try to like Joshua, but his screeching reminds of the SNL James Brown caricature sketches. It is unpleasant to my ears.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Naja! You hit it right on the head. I was trying to figure it out.
I am way away from most everyone on favs. lol I am not a Jessica fan; she seems nightclub to me, not that that is a bad thing. And, I do not know how singing Whitney may affect her. I hope she doesn't do more. Not a Josh fan either. I think Hollie needs some guidance and has been left to flounder.
I can take or leave Elise and Skylar.
I want that blasted falsetto (Deandre) off my tv. lol Blech.
I enjoy Colton and Phillip.
I wish someone had sung something by The Cure, Duran Duran, Whitesnake or The Go Gos or even Pat Benatar. The B52's? Billy Idol? There was so much fun music in the 80's; why all the eh stuff?
There are times I wish we voted against rather than for. lol