TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 04, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/4 - Top 8 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 04, 2012 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hope someone will be so kind as to spoil tonight's show, since our Fox affiliate is still MIA (contract dispute with DirecTV). I'm so annoyed. This will be the first episode of AI I have missed in 10 years! And there doesn't seem to be anyplace online that shows entire AI episodes.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
They are doing the 80s, Gwen Stefani is mentor this week.

Deandre was up first singing some song by Debarge (sp?). I am not that into him but the judges all loved him and said it was his best performance. he didnt do all falsetto and seemed to listen to the judges criticisms last week and used his normal voice which didnt sound that bad.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
He can hit those falsetto notes but he always mixes them up strangely with his regular singing voice. I'll be interested to hear what he sounds like.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Elise is up next, wanted to sing a song by Leonard Cohen, Gwen convinced her to change to foreigners, I want to know what love is.

Stephen said it wasnt her song, Jennifer said she looked beautiful, and Randy said she was pitchy all the way through. I really loved it. Must have had wax in my ears because I thought she was great and I also thought her outfit sucked big time. Horrible long black skirt, white top which didnt go with the skirt.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Someone else from Gwen's band is also mentoring but I dont know his name, he is dark skinned with bleached blond hair. attractive guy. he said Elise voice gave him goosebumps and Gwen said that Elise was one of her favorites and she loved her voice

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Colton and Skyler are doing a duet, Islands in the Stream (one of my favorites)

I think the two of them miss the mark on this performance, they barely look at each other, started off with their backs to each other, both looking into the camera and audience at the whole time. This is a great duet and they should be performing together but it looks to me like two people singing on the same stage. they both sing well together and I really like Skyler. Not a great performance of Colton's.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Randy said they did a good job, very sweet and very nice. Skyuler sounded beautiful and Colton sounded nice.

Jennifer said Skyler it was perfect for you. Thought Colton was the perfect partner for her. Stephen said it was a match made in heaven and it was beautiful. Ryan said they were believable and had chemistry -- that escaped me.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I hope Colton does a Billy Idol song, that would be great.

Philip is up next.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was just coming to say I thought they sounded adorable together. They started singing while I was in the next room, and my ears perked right up. I could tell it was Skylar, but I didn't recognize Colton until I came in the room and saw it was him. I didn't pay much attention to their chemistry together because honestly, that doesn't matter to me. I thought they sounded great.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Philip is singing That's All by Genesis. At first Gwen and her band partner thought he sounded rough and wasnt ready to do the song but he got better, They suggested he not play the guitar through the whole song.

Gwen said he will be in the top top - loves his voice too.

I think his performance is a little rough. Lets see if Randy laughs.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Rough" is the perfect work for Phillip tonight.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen, loves his individuality. l oved the way he sang the notes. You just love who you are.

Jennifer, you know how much I love you. felt like you werent in your comfort zone in the beginning, towards the end you were the Philip that we love.

randy laughing, Yo Yo. (Oh Philip's brother was playing backup on guitar). Thought it was a great song for him.

Oh the person with Gwen is Tony Canal (Sp?).

I was completely unimpressed with his performance. Ryan asking his brother in law what he thought of Philip. He said they were proud.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Naja, what did you think about Elise, did you agree with the judges.

Maybe I was unimpressed with the Skylar Colton duet because Islands in the stream is one of my favorite songs. I thought Skyler outperformed Colton and was definitely the stronger singer. I thought Colton sounded good but not special.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Maris, the song Elise sang is one of my favorites, and I thought she ruined it. Foreigner was the the very first band I ever saw in concert when I was a teen, so of course I love them, and I thought she wrecked the song.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Holly and Deandre are doing a duet, I am so excited - originally sung by the Pointer singers.

Deandre just doesnt do it for me. The performance is ok. We will see what the judges say.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And right now I think this Hollie and Deandre duet is high school talent show quality.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am going to listen to the song again Naja. I have recorded the show.

Stepen says that Holly and Deandre did a beautiful duet. Jennifer said, Holly thought it was really good. Deandre looked right at home. together they sounded great.

Randy said, very nice from two young uns. Very nice very impressive.

I must be off tonight because I just thought it was adequate.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Ryan said to judges you are all being very positive tonight and Stephen said theya are doing the best they can with the 80s music. Jennifer said Deandre is standing out for her tonight, a little shining star.

Randy said Deandre is standing out. Said we need juice right now, some power right now.

Josh is up now singing If you dont know me by now, by Simply Red. G wen said he does great gymnastics with his voice but sometimes it is too much. Jimmy told him he has to be simpler. Gwen said song is really really good for him.

Jimmy says he is there.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
JOSH IS BACK!!!

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Judges are on their feet, screaming. Randy yelling Crazy, Jennifer Lord Lord Lordy, ask and we shall receive. Jennifer said it was spectacular. Stephen, said it was over the top, what a perfect beautiful song. It was perfect, you are great a great singer.

Randy, Yo, it is very rare in this show that I want to stand up from beginning to end. You were so mature. You sang it dude. I think we have found someone tonight who has to have it.

Ryan said great job.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I've only been watching this season in bits and pieces, tuning in when Survivor is over. Have only seen Joshua tonight and thought he did a great job! He's impressed me more than any of the others I've heard this season.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jessica is going to sing How will I know. Gwen loves her voice, but told her to do something else with her body and not lounge singer moves. She said her voice is doing what she needs to do but her body needs to follow.

Gwen said she will nail it, it will be awesome.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Joshua just hit a home run. The judges stood for the whole song and went wild. This kid is FANTASTIC. 👏👏👏👏

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
This is a perfect song for Jessica, and she is doing a good job. Not Whitney but she is singing well.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jennifer said really really good. Stephen said your voice is so fantastic - everything you do is great. Randy said she did an amazing job - he had worked on that song with Whitney. He said he cant believe the maturity on her.