TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: 04/02 - Live Performances/Results - Week 1: Archive through April 03, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight! I confess that I haven't watched any of the battle rounds (I missed them last season as well) but I will be watching tonight.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
YAY!!!!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yay! And Jimmer, dude, you beat me! I was just coming in to start a new thread! :-)

Can we use this for both the Monday and Tuesday shows? Or do we want elimination threads too?

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I am excited for Charlotte and Jordis from Blake's team, Tony and Pip from Adam's team, Sera and Ashley from Christina's team. I don't know if I've watched anyone from Cee Lo's team, but I wish Erin would go far far far away.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm only about 20 minutes into the show and the first thing I have to say is Xtina looks almost like a normal person tonight. I think she looks 100 times better a little toned down. Her hair extensions are a reasonable length, her make-up is slightly toned down, and we aren't being flashed with a ridiculous amount of boobalage in some silly costume. She looks lovely tonight for a change.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Naja, that alone would be worth a watch. I was getting so tired of things nesting on top of her head and of "the girls" showing themselves each week. She is a talented young woman who doesn't need to draw that type of attention to herself.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I say, let's just do one thread for Monday and Tuesday.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think one thread for each week will probably work great!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Lol I think Jimmer wins. One per week. There arent enuf posts to warrant two threads.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DVRs started to throw a wrench into the excitement of live show nights at the board. Then dual tuners made it worse...and then quadruple tuners and on-demand stomped it into the ground and buried it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That totally sums up the issue. I don't watch TV in real time any more. We all tend to end up watching at different times. So the threads are pretty empty on show night but tend to fill up more as the week progresses and more people see their recordings.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Jordis: Wow. Just wow. She may be my favorite.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Interesting how we hear different things. I really did not care for Jordis, she seemed kind of screechy to me.

Chris was really good. Sara was good, but she could have done without all the guys on the stage. I thought Adam was being kind with Raelynn. Erin is singing right now and she seems much better than I remember in the battle rounds.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Raelyn was astrocious.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Sure don't care for Charlotte Sometimes....song, nor her attitude. Anyone else think she is great? I think she thinks too highly of herself.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Watching now and liked Chris a lot. Raelyn, it almost sounded like some demon singing through her in an exorcism, which made the thing on the side of her head more bizarre.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I absolutely cannot stand Raelyn. I'm not a huge country fan anyways, but she totally ruined that Maroon 5 song for me. She's also got an ego that's a wee bit too big for her. I'm not a fan of her "styling" and I wish someone would teach her to sing so she doesn't get red lipstick all over her face. I'd also appreciate seeing her without a ginormous FAKE flower perched in her head. She is all gimmick with no substance. To me.

So far I've enjoyed Jermaine and Naia on Blake's team, and Chris on Xtina's. While I think Moses on Xtina's team is good, I wish he'd sing more than rap (this IS "The Voice" after all).

Now I can't wait to see Charlotte Sometimes. I'll have my finger ready on the FF button on the remote! :-)

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
So after watching the entire show, I'm still firmly on the "Blake could win, Christina doesn't stand a chance" train. Of their teams, here's my thoughts...

Christina:
Definitely don't see Moses, Lindsey, or Ashley winning, nor would I ever buy their music. Sera is OK but I don't see her winning and if you just listen to her, she's not all that. Chris has a great voice but I'm not sure his operatic runs will help him win. Jesse has potential but the sob story back story may not help him much. Not so sure I'd buy music from anyone on Xtina's team at this point (from what I've heard from auditions thru battles thru tonight).

Blake:
Loved Jordis and Naia and Erin! I would buy music from either of these three. Thought Jermaine did a good job, but doubt if I'd buy anything from what I've seen so far. Absolutely cannot stand Raelynn and hope she disappears and soon. SO not a fan of Charlotte.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, my predictions for at least two on each team to be eliminated tonight:

Christina: Ashley and Moses
Blake: Charlotte and Jermaine (although I wish it'd be Raelynn)

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the banner!!!! :-)

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Oh, I loved Charlotte!!!!! But, then again I was a fan of hers before she went on the show. She sings one of my favorite songs.

I like Sera, but her song choice was blah last night.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Jimmer is the Banner God! (Thank you!)

I kind of get a weird feeling from Charlotte. I don't get a "dang I'm grateful I can do this" vibe, but more like a "dang you should be grateful I can do this" thing. I wasn't a fan of her during the blind auditions, either.

Oh and Escapee? I really do love Jordis, too!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Like I said, she had a record deal before she got sick. She sang a great song called "How I could Just Kill A Man." It's one of my favorites. The attitude (which I didn't see, honestly) may be because she's been in the biz as a pop singer for a while and she knows she's good. However, others have been in the biz too and didn't seem to have an attitude.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Rae Lynn is VFTW worthy. I voted for Lindsey.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
What did Charlotte sing last night because I really don't remember her at all?