TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
04/02 - Live Performances/Results - W...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: 04/02 - Live Performances/Results - Week 1 users admin

The Voice
The Voice (on NBC)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 03, 2012Kookliebird25 04-03-12  3:38 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
She sang Misery Business.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
No one's spoiling? I hadda go digging around on Twitter to find the results? Hey now!

Naia Kete and Charlotte Sometimes are eliminated from Team Blake.

Moses Stone and Sera Hill are eliminated from Team Christina.

OK I got one right on each team (Charlotte and Moses). Not surprised Sera got eliminated but am surprised Naia did!

And Escapee? I guess Jordis really appealed to EVERYONE last night... she was #1 on iTunes. But somehow she wasn't safe. Frickin' Raelynn was.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Well. Now I don't have to watch tonight.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I watched tonight and I didn't feel like any of the "last chance" performances was memorable--EXCEPT for Ashley! She brought the house down! Wow! I am now a converted fan.

So sad that they wouldn't let Naia sing reggae like Blake wanted. Evidently their "choosing their own song" is somewhat restricted: Naia said they showed her a list and said "Pick one." It's a shame she couldn't really choose what she wanted to do; she might have been saved.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I assume they can only sing songs that The Voice has obtained rights to.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'm really upset that the list of songs they had to choose from was so limited. Of all the singers, Naia really got screwed by not having a reggae option available.

On Blake's team, I think Jordis totally knocked it out of the arena. She definitely was the right choice to save.

And a bit off topic... I really enjoy listening to Jordis! I just went and listened to her on my phone -- Rockstar: Live at the Mayan Theater and she performed Baba O'Riley. From 2005!!! And if you wanna hear what she sounded like back then when she was on Rockstar: INXS, check out her version of Man Who Sold the World at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zsNdGf8Bt8. Then check out other YouTube songs... (She was one of my faves on that show, but INXS did pick a better lead, I think, in JD.)

As for Christina's team... I'm still not a huge fan of Ashley, but of the three, she was definitely the better performer. I don't know why Moses didn't pick something with more rap in it, maybe he, too, was limited by song choices allowed. He really doesn't have The Voice (when he combines MC'ing with singing, he's OK but just singing? not so much).

So far, I still think Blake has the stronger team of the two who performed this week. We'll see if I still think Cee Lo has the stronger team of the two next week.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Totally do not understand how Raylynn is still there! Someone is voting for her, but why? I was shocked that she won her battle round & even more shocked that she was safe by America's votes last night.

Jordis is my fav..........I don't vote but may start voting for her because it would be a shame if someone with her talent went home while the Raylynns are still there.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Rae Lynn is horrible. I don't know why Blake even picked her in the beginning. The internet did say she was the Vote For The Worse person on this show. Just like Sanjaya on American Idol. Some people vote for her just to make a mockery of the show. I was glad that the reggae girl didn't make it. She shouldn't have won the battle rounds.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Naia looked a lot like Mya Rudolph, IMO.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Chris Mann saved? Seriously?

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering who the heck is voting for Raelynn because EVERYONE I know cannot stand her. I tweeted about it last night, and got much the same "why the HECK is she still there?" responses. And someone even agreed on my FB page!

I don't vote either but I may have to start voting for Jordis. How the heck could she have been #1 on the iTunes charts yet still make it into the bottom 3? I thought they took into account all the votes (online, text, phone) as well as number of downloads... Yup just checked the "how to vote" and it's pretty clear: toll-free, text, online, iTunes. So something is really fishy (like VFTW) to keep Raelynn in.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I like her name :-), cept she forgot an "e"

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We LOVE your Raelynne!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
awwww thank you Sea! Gotta admit it isn't a name you see very often!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
YOUR Raelynne doesn't wear extensions or ginormously huge and ugly flowers in her hair or big and ugly fluffy skirts!! YOUR Raelynne is a sweetie! Without an ego! :-)

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I really like Raelynn and hope she goes far. I'm not a fan of country music but she did a great job on the conversion of Adam's song and had good stage presence.

I also like Naia and Charlotte and was sad to see them go.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Raelynn has no depth or quality to her voice, IMO. The falsettos come off as if she's bleating and she has no range. I don't get it.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Thanks Costa!!! No flowers or skirts for my girl..that's for sure!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched the battle rounds and I guess I missed her audition. So after hearing all the comments here I was expecting Raelynn to be awful. However, I thought she was pretty good.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
I m just catching up on this show watching night one and for me Raelynne's voice was too thin and just left me cold. Chris has a good voice but I just don't see him winning. Moses seemed all wrong in that song and format. I am really bummed Naia left- i love her voice and her style and hope this leads to something for her.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
Now that I have watched the elimination show I really think Naia was robbed- I really feel she was better than Jordis.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Raelynn is being supported by vote for the worst. I suppose they helped her to be safe.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
If you're talking about this week's, I just started a new thread HERE.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: