TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 29, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 3/28 - Top 9 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through March 29, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So tonight's theme is singing a song that was sung by one of their idol's. At least that should give them a lot of selection. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Holy smokes, Skylar was so magnificent tonight I can't believe it. That was incredible.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Colton sang a "worship" song. He was absolutely amazing.

Skylar sang a song of someone named "Miranda", country song. She reminds me very much of Reba Mcintyre. I am not a huge country fan but she sang the song well and it was obvious she put herself 100% into the song and didnt make any mistakes.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
the singers are singing also in trios. the first trio up is Colton, Elise and Philip singing a Fleetwood Mac medleyr. Stevie Nicks is the mentor this week.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
HeeJun sang a Donnie Hathaway song, played it straight and sang it well. Judges loved it

Hollie sang a Carrie Underwood song, jesus take the wheel. I liked it. Randy thought it was so so, Jenifer loved it, Stephen wasnt impressed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Hollie sang her song better than Carrie Underwood sang it. I don't understand Randy and Steven's comments at all.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I want to give Deandre credit for hitting those high notes, but I feel nothing when he sings. I sort of thought that was a train wreck.

What a lackluster season, just not really into it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't think Deandre would get the same accolades if he had a crew cut.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Jessica was really good. My favorite of the night so far I (and I usually don't care for her singing.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Joshua deserves to home after that performance. I can't believe how they gushed over that.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Joshua hit another one out of the park! FANTASTIC!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Elise was incredible tonight doing her Led Zeppelin song. I think she did the best tonight.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am with you Naja, I think Deandre is nothing but a high voice and he is no Philip Bailey. Nice kid but out of his league I think. I liked Hollie's performance and I wasnt impressed with Joshua and he has been a favorite of mine.

I worry about Skyler and Elise though. I think mostly it is teens voting.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I don't mind DeAndre so much, but I don't love him. He sort of reminds me of Smokey Robinson, singing in the high falsetto.

I do not like Skylar or Hollie. Elise is the only girl that impresses me.

I love Phillip and Colton.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Deandre sounds like someone is swinging a cat against a wall.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Love, love, love Phillip. He can do Johnny Lang anytime!

I don't get excited about Colton nor DeAndre. Take them or leave them. Skylar is too much and Hollie is consistently good and strong, IMHO. I can take or leave Jessica too. There is something about that does not translate into passion for her craft....like she's meeting the expectation of others rather than feeling it deep in her soul.

HeeJun really does have a nice voice and I was glad to see him get serious tonight. I think they are right when they say he uses humor to cover his insecurity.

I haven't heard Joshua nor Jessica yet. I'm sure I'll have some feelings about them too.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
OK, just listened to Joshua who sang one of my favorite Harry Nillson songs. He should have left it alone.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
They credited it to Mariah but Harry Nilsson sang it originally and does such a fine job others should not touch it unless they can top it.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Elise sure knew how to rock it!!! Great!!!!

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Wow, really impressed with Elise

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I loved Jessica and Phillip!

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I feel the same way about Colton - he is just middle of the road for me. He's not the worst, just do not get excited for him.

DeAndre does NOTHING for me, I think he should go!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I have to say that the singers this year are, overall, much better than the last couple of years. Having said that, I also think they're segments are more 'produced' than in prior years. Previously, they would stand up there by themselves and sing. Sometimes, there might be a piano, bongo drums or guitar. But, that was the exception, not the norm. Maybe with that change, problems with singing are either not as noticable or provides more comfort to the singer (not as nervous) by having other people on the stage. Since Nigel is the new producer, I suspect this is his doing.

I did not see the whole episode, but I liked Colton's version of his song, which I have heard before but never attributed to a 'worship' song.

Jessica is starting to look a lot like Pia to me. She sings every song the same way. Granted, she sings it well, but I'd like to hear something up tempo from her.

Elise did well, but I thought Skylar was the best girl. Whether she wins or not, I suspect she will have a contract with a country music record producers as soon as AI allows her to. She sings so much better than Alaina (?) from last year.

I missed Philip's song, but Heejun... too little, too late, too cocky... he and Deandre are the weakest to me. One of them should go tonight.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think they were all a lot better this week. See what happens when they get to choose their own songs and they take Billy Joel out of the mix? Billy Joel=yawn.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
P.S. Tonight's guest performers are Nicki Minaj and Scotty McCreery. Wow! Could they get two any more opposite performers? I'm already fast-forwarding in my mind.