TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3/28 - Top 9 Week (Singing and Result...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 3/28 - Top 9 Week (Singing and Results) users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 29, 2012Babyjaxmom25 03-29-12  9:03 am
Archive through March 29, 2012Naja25 03-29-12  6:00 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness, happy to see him go. Would like to see Deandre go next then Hollie and after that we will have a real tough competition to the finish.

I have to also say, I agree with Jimmy 100% on everything tonight.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks very much for spoiling, Naja.

Sourweedjm

04-06-2007

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sourweedjm a private message Print Post    
i agree with jimmy too!! elise and phillip to the end !!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My personal thought about tonight's show was that Scotty - who was a good albeit somewhat stiff performer - has really matured into a good performer. His voice sounds really good, his stage presence is much stronger - and he really showed the Idols tonight what they can grow into.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't cross the street to see Nikki Minaj .

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Let's show all these kids how you can become a star with little or no talent. From the look on Jennifer's face, I don't think she was feeling the Nikki love either.

Jennywa

07-17-2003

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jennywa a private message Print Post    
Being from a different generation ( Beatles, Bob Dylan, Folk singers), I have a hard time with all these singer-yellers. I just find it annoying.
Jessica is creepy as well as loud.
All the rest just seem to need the back up singers and band to sound good.
I'll leave Idol to the young folk. I'm done.
Best of luck!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I actually think Jessica is a little creepy too. Beautiful voice, beautiful young girl - but I don't have any strong warm fuzzy feelings about her. She is like a beautiful piece of art that you keep on a shelf - beautiful and yet cold and untouchable. That's just my impression though. (I kind of felt the same way about Pia.)

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm finding it more and more annoying, too. The screaming of the music from some of them just turns me off. Over-singing seems to be the thing for some of them. Jessica is one, but for me, Skylar is another. She over sings every song.

I love Phillip the most, at this point, with Colton and Elise following.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Isn't Jessica very young? I guess I just think of her as so innocent and timid. Love her singing so far. but Phillip is my hope to win!

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I feel the same way about Jessica, no connection for me. That's how I felt about Pia also.

Smokey, ITA agree with what you said and I'm hoping for a Phillip, Colton and Elise final 3.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jessica is technically very good, she is a performer and would be perfect on a cruise ship. She shows no emotion, probably because she is too young. To coin Jimmy's criticism, she doesnt feel the song and if you dont feel the song you wont make it. Give her five years and she will make it. Deandre has a great screech but he doesnt do it for me and Joshua I think performs well within a very confined space and doesnt perform well with songs outside his comfort level.

Colton and Elise are my favorites for now.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought Stevie Nicks was an excellent mentor. She seemed to really get into what the contestants were doing, give them constructive feedback (including creating harmonies...how cool is that?), and was very encouraging and knowledgeable about the contestants. Loved her!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I did too! That's the kind of mentoring they need. Not P Diddy trying to make them something they are not.

I've already downloaded all the studio versions of Phillip's songs and have them on my ipod. Love them!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
My favorites in no order are:
Colton, Phillip, Elise

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My feeling about Jessica is that (like Pia) she is technically very good, but there's just no connection with the audience, which is what Jennifer keeps talking about. You don't have to be a great singer, but if the audience loves you, you can do no wrong. There are many, many successful performers who aren't great singers.

I do love Skylar. She puts so much energy into her performances, which is what you need to do to connect with the audience.

We loved HeeJun, but knew he had no chance of winning. I hope somebody signs him up as a comedian. I think he's a natural.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Heejun would be great in one of those stupid buddy movies...you know what I mean...the ones where the fraternity hits the road on spring break of something.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Heejun entertains me more than most of these kids.. but that doesn't make him American Idol.. still I wish DeAndre had gone sooner. I just don't enjoy him and don't enjoy all the fawning of adults over his "talents" and his hair.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, pretty much what Seamonkey said.

Doxiefam

06-14-2011

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Doxiefam a private message Print Post    
Heejun made a decent gangster to. I really liked West 32nd St much better than I thought I would. I recommend watching it just to see a different side of him. I agree though he would be really good in the funny buddy movies.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Heejun is in a movie? I liked him, but knew he wouldn't win.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
After what Heejun had to say to Etonline.com about Diddy and AI, I wouldn't expect much help from AI for him or his future.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow! He said Diddy was drunk?! Might have been true, but you don't say that in public. Not very PC. Or polite. I think HeeJun is a bit clueless.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
He is not clueless. He knows what he is doing.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think saying you are not rooting for any of the AI performers and you are going home to watch The Voice, is pretty stupid. Saying what he said about Diddy is pretty stupid too.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I also thought him saying Jennifer tried to save him, (People magazine) but the other two wouldn't go for it was not very nice of Jennifer even if it was to make him feel better. Nothing like throwing the other judges under the bus Jennifer.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: