TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 3/21 - Top 10 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through March 23, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dialidol has it too close to call with each one of them possible anywhere from first through tenth.. in this order, but no statistical diff..

Jessica, Joshua, Skylar, Colton, Heejun, Phillip, Elise, Hollie, Erika, DeAndre.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I don't know how dialidol could even work anymore with all the texted votes and voting online.

LLkool, that's exactly what I think of Heejun! Big Bang Theory! :-)

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I was not particularly impressed with any of the performances last night but I was embarrassed to watch Deandre and HeeJun.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I can never tell if Heejun is serious, trying to be funny, or if he's just an idiot.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Heejun should try out for some sitcoms, he needs an apartment across the hall from the guys on Big Bang Theory. Exactly!!!

I was bored thru most of the show, cause I'm sorry, I just have no love for Billy Joel. Some of his songs are okay, but I find him kind of boring. Only one we thought was any good was Colton. Loved him. DH and I both thought they saved the best for last.

Love Skylar, but last night wasn't her best night. I never knew "Shameless" was a Billy Joel song! I always thought that was a Garth Brooks song. Garth sang the heck out of it. His version was very, very sexy and heartfelt.

Loved Erika's makeover. She looked a million times better this week. She actually looked a lot slimmer. I wish Tommy Hilfiger would come over and style me!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I loved how candid and undisguised Steven Tyler's contempt was for Heejun's performance. He didn't even give the guy polite or courtesy applause -- nothing! When the song ended he just stared at Heejun in bewilderment. He usually throws everyone at least a bone, no matter how awful they are -- it looked he was actually seething!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think there were several things in play with regard to Steven's reaction. One, when HeeJun came by their table he really did not sing to Steven, but did to J'Lo and Randy.

And, Steven ought to talk....."take it more serious". For someone who butchered the American anthem at a football game he needs to take his singing "more serious" too! Rather rude of Steven to not have anything nice to say! He certainly finds something nice to say to others who are just as bad!

I don't see HeeJun as the best singer but he is entertaining. I think there might be a place for him somewhere in the industry but not as a solo artist. He'd be fun on a comedy variety show perhaps.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
But, AI is a singing competition.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I actually like Billy Joel but wasn't thrilled with most of the contestant's renditions. I agree that Deandre and Heejun were the weakest, but I was also unimpresed with Hollie, Joshua, Erika, Jessica and Skylar this week. To me Elise fared a little better and the only two people I really liked were Phillip and Colton.

And Phillip - the boy is a musician down to his bones, but to me his songs are starting to sound too much alike. I would like to see him go a tiny bit out of his comfort zone...not change who he is but try a song that might challenge him to show a little more emotion. Has he done a ballad?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I can see that Phillip is very talented. Just not my cup of tea.

And does anybody else think that Deandre always looks like he's skating across the stage? He reminds me of a little dutch boy out on a frozen pond.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
AI is a voting competition!!!!!!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Okay, okay I'll give you that Ketch.

Loremma

04-25-2004

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
Anyone going to spoil?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Loremma, I read that the bottom three were Deandre,Erika and Heejun. Erika was not saved and went home. (Maybe they shouldn't have made her look like Kris Jenner.)

Loremma

04-25-2004

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mamie. I skip the results show because it's do much filler and come here to find out who goes home.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Haley Reinhart ftw!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Erika did go home........the bottom 3 were who were mentioned.

Basically: I thought like the judges as far as who was great last night:

They said........
Jessica
Colton
Philip
Elise

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, Heejun didn't sing "Only the Good Die Young", DeAndre did. Heejun sang (not sure if this is the correct title) "This is My Life". I think it was awful that Erika went home instead of one of them. They will probably stay while a lot more of the better singers go, as long as the teenage girls are voting for the "cute guys". I wish it weren't so.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think they hurt Erika with that big make-over. It was too much and she no longer looked like the person that her fans had been voting for. A few votes lost makes a huge difference at this stage of the show.

You would think these judges would be smarter. As much fun as Heejun has been (and I've enjoyed him), I could tell from the beginning that he was a train wreck in the making. So now he will overstay his welcome and some better singers will be eliminated before him. And then there will be bitterness and hard feelings. Same old story.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am done with this show for a while. I don't want to watch another season with two Sanjaya's, one contestant making a joke of the show in the hopes that he can get a gig on Glee and the other contestant a sweet child but with not much talent while other talented singers go by the wayside.

The judges could have made a point last night of reminding the voters that this is a singing competition and that a good singer was sent home instead of bozo the clown.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Erika shouldn't have colored her hair - I liked her blonde much better. I agree - the makeover was extreme, and they still dressed her in a way that emphasized her size instead of flattering her figure.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
one contestant making a joke of the show in the hopes that he can get a gig on Glee and the other contestant a sweet child but with not much talent

LOL - Maybe there are too many but which one is which?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Exactly Roxip. The people voting for her liked her the way she was. Some gradual change and growth is nice but an extreme change is a mistake.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
In light of above discussion is it really an asset to have Tommy Hilfiger on to help with the styling? I'm not so sure he is doing all that much to help out.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
Does American Idol really put bottom two as bottom two or just one with least votes and whoever else...depending on the reaction they want?