TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 22, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 3/21 - Top 10 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through March 22, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
From what I've heard, tonight's theme is Billy Joel songs.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Yup. Entertaining, but lame. Wish these kids would get a stab at some contemporary songs instead of the 80s rehash they've been doing the past few weeks.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. I like Billy Joel and there is no doubt in my mind that he was a great performer and has a great catalogue of songs. However, I'd like to see these young performers perform something recent that they feel some sort of connection to.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. Anderson had Shannon on his show the other day (apparently he will have each one who is off) and he asked if she even knew who Billy Joel WAS.. and she said yes because her parents had played Billy Joel when she was younger.

I agree .. I'd rather hear them try Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga or Adele , Carrie Underwood, etc..

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Yawning and it is only 7:08.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Elise was just amazing. Owned that song (Vienna by Billy Joel). Best I've seen this season from anyone.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree. Deandre about put me to sleep. lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I LOVED Erika's new hair-do! That was definitely some good advice taken.

While Skylar is my girl this season, I think I have to admit that I think Colton and Jessica are going to be the final 2 this year.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I think I am the only one who is not a Jessica fan, but it is OK. I like Colton, Phillip, Erika & Elise. I like Skylar but don't think she has a chance this year. I just hope Deandre or Heejun go home this week. I am afraid it will be Hollie. And, they will not save her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Carlpsmom, no way am I Jessica fan. I just happen to recognize in her the appeal others may have for her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Loved Erika's hair!!

I thought J Lo had excellent advice for Joshua.. when that choir came out, not a good thing for that song. He doesnpt have to worry, but it can't always be with a choir (or maybe it can, but should it?)

Several of the songs were.. "huh??" for me but perhaps I'd remember them if Billy sang them. I've appreciated him but he's never been one I listened to a lot.

A couple of times I wished for Simon to speak of lounge act at the Holiday Inn. Deandre one of them. Elise was amazing but it seemed, again, targetted to an older audience, maybe.

Skylar is my girl, too, but tonight didn't bowl me over, perhaps just because of the song. And yikes to the outfit.. If that came from project runway, I'd critique it for adding to the widest part of the body, and not in a good way. But she's still cute..

Diddy had some great advice.. but he usually does.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm no Jessica fan, either. But, I do recognize how talented she is. I need a little quirk or something different, to attract me.

I love Elise's voice. I also love Erika. For boys, it's Colton and Phillip Phillips. It doesn't seem like Elise has alot of fans, unfortunately. I was amazed she was in the bottom last week.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I meant to say that I love Joshua, too. But, there is something missing in him, for me. I'm not sure what that is because soul music is my favorite.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What kind of accent does Hollie have? She did listen and not wear a dress for a 50 year old!! Still had her sparkles.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hollie's biography says she was born in Liverpool, and now lives with her family in Texas.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am still mad in love with Phillip Phillips. I will definitely buy any cd he puts out. My husband, who never watches the show, watched him and kept saying how great he was.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Welll, that makes sense.. you can hear an odd combination there..

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Boy I am gonna be unpopular again, I like deandre and Heejun, love Colton and Holly, hohum about Jessica, Phillip and elise, really want off my televion, Erika and Skylar. I like Deamdre because he is so cute, Heejun because he is hilarious, Holly cause I like the sound of her voice. Elise needs to get current, Phillip is too artsy for me, Jessica and her big voice get boring, the girl can sing but all sound the same to me.Joshua has an amazing voice but I find him too theatrical, oversings and would love to hear him keep it simple. Erika just seems too full of herself, and skylar, well I just plain hate country music, especially from a young person, and I think she yells a lot.

All in all I think they are a great bunch of singers, probably Joshua and Jessica are the best and Deandre and Heejun are the worst except for Skylar who I just can't listen to.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Here's my take so far.

The contestants who gave me "goosies" tonight, and in no particular order, were Phillip, Elise, Jessica and Colton.

Heejun isn't the best singer but he is an entertainer and although this is a singing competition, he added some fun to the show tonight and I know he'll draw the tweens to the summer shows.

Phillip will be a star in his own right whether he wins AI or not. His style of clothing and singing is very acceptable to me. He's also got the perfect "star name" of "Phillip Phillips".

I wasn't a huge Elise fan until tonight. I like her relaxed and welcoming facial looks more and glad to see her finally get rid of the hat. She's transformed into a total package in my book and she's certainly a contender now.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
colton only gave me goosies since he was hitting those off Alanis morrisette notes.

horrible. I find it hard to believe NONE of the judges called him out for his Hand in POCKET vocal mimicry.

is a reminder needed?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGjaaQAvSTA the same exact tones from teh woman who invented that style

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I sure don't get Colton goosies.

LOL.. yes, a singing competition but cute is getting votes.

Deandre was the low point tonight IMO.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 2:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Time for Heejun and Deandre to go. To me they are completely out of their league with the rest of the group.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 2:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I agree Maris they are out of their league, but can we just get rid of that country kid first lol. I am glad they made the tour. I think Heejun should try out for some sitcoms, he needs an apartment across the hall from the guys on Big Bang Theory.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I thought Elise killed that song...and not in a good way. Vienna is one of my favorites of Billy Joel and she totally wrecked it in my opinion. But from the few posts I've read, I think I'm alone.

Wasn't feeling Phillips version of Movin' Out either.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Billy Joel is my all time favorite singer. I can put his earlier albums on and be transported to a different time and place. So, I was very hopeful, but ultimately disappointed with last night that I switched channels alot during the show.

I did not like Elise's version of Vienna. Also, I did not like Heejun's version of "Only the good die young". I loved that song so much, it was my anthem when it came out. I thought that Heejun sang it horribly and could not watch it.

The one who sang "Honesty", (Hollie ?), Oh my god, at least say the word correctly. It sounded like 'on-es-ee' every time she said the Honesty. Horrible...