TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 3/14 - Top 12 11 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through March 14, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I guess the big news which is all over the media is about Jermaine being disqualified. There has been some speculation in the other thread about what AI's options are here. Bring someone back? Non-elimination week?

It's kind of a downer for the show. I wish they would do a better job of checking out these contestants before putting them in the top 13.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Especially bacause they pushed for Jermaine, who has a nice voice, but was probably going to be eliminated in a week or two anyway, as I don't think he has much of a fan base, and his type of Barry White vocals are out of fashion today. The guys they pushed for this year are mostly crap, except for DeAndre. So they got what they deserved with Jermaine. Aaron or Reed Grimm were better choices for the guys.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. I like Jermaine's singing but it is hardly mainstream or current. Both of those two would have been better choices. Reed especially was a bit different though goodness knows it's next to impossible for anyone who is a bit different to win AI at this point.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did anyone think Jermaine might have been a bit developmentally delayed? I really got that impression, and thought his sweetness perhaps came from it. It didn't surprise me that he committed a crime because people with delayed learning can be very manipulated by their peers if they get into the wrong crowd. Did anyone else feel that way (or did they even mention it in an early round)?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
"The guys they pushed for this year are mostly crap, except for DeAndre."

I beg to differ. It's really all a matter of opinion and I put him in with the crap. He is not consistent and does not know how to control his voice. I hate the falsetto.

I am sorry for Jermaine and hope that they handle things carefully. I'm sure he is regretting not coming forth. it shows how badly he wanted this. However, I, too, am surprised that AI doesn't screen more closely BEFORE they pick the top ones. He needs to help himself by focusing on getting his life straight and then use that beautiful voice to help others.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
In other news Jessica's youtube of last week is up to 5M views

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Lithgoe will probably let Jermaine be arrested "LIVE on our stage". There are outstanding warrants, it is being said.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I agree with you about the possible developmental delays. I saw it in the dependence on his mother. Just a little bit odd for a man his age. I also saw flashes of a temper when he didn't hear what he wanted to hear from the judges. I told DH at the time, "I wouldn't want to be near him when he gets mad." Some of his alleged crimes are reported to be violent. He's such a big guy and I could see him having trouble controlling his temper.

My money's on a non-elimination week. I just don't see them bringing somebody back who's already gone home. It's too late for that. DH thinks they might send someone home this week, but give the judges two "saves" in the coming weeks. I hate that idea, cause I just hate the "save." It's so stupid to save someone and just have them voted out again a week or two later.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I never felt Reed Grimm had a chance because honestly he reminded me a lot of Taylor Hicks. I loved Taylor Hicks (still do) but the AI people probably don't want to go down that road again.

Jermaine's outstanding warrants are for a violent crime. I'm sure we will hear details in the future but he should have taken care of business before he got this far...and been honest about it from the get-go.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Wouldn't be surprised if the producers new about Jermaine's criminal past before they brought him back. Why would a background check turn this up NOW and not previously? I think they knew, and brought him back so they could have "drama" later when they let him go again. Guess I'm skeptical and jaded.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
he is just a liar. He used fake names. Even lied about his dad....per the bible errr I mean TMZ

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just noticed that one of the contestants is named Colton....poor guy, not a good time to have that name

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Pamy, that thought crossed my mind too. LOL

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am ready for Jun to be eliminated, I find him annoying.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I did not love that from Jessica. She's just not my fave at all.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
talk about Pitchy, Jun cannot sing. Agree on Jessica. I am not very impressed with this years selection.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I liked Deandre, though not his song choice. I dunno, he just seems like a nice, talented kid, even if he's a bit cheezy.

Elise best of the night so far.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I thought Deandre was a terrible bore. Agree on Elise, best of the night.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Colton was ok, same with Shannon. The talent is really not the best this year. Maybe someone will knock it out of the park later in the show (I hope.)

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
They just had a tape of the producers talking to Jermaine about his 4 warrants, he tried to explain, but they told him that he had to leave.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Joshua was AWESOME!!! Best performance so far this season, for me.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Joshua killed it, Skylar was just ok IMO.

Waiting for Hollie!

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Joshua blew it out of the park. I predict he will win American Idol. I would buy his CD in a heaart beat!!!!!!!!!! absolutely fantastic

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
JLo said Joshua was the best she has ever heard on AI. He blew it out of the house....I had chills! I 2nd. that "AWESOME, FANTASTIC, UNBELIEVABLE.....

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sing it Maris!!!!!! I have him in the pool :-)

I may actually watch and hear him tonite