TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 08, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 3/07 - Top 13 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through March 08, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just getting it started for tonight. Have they announced a theme? I haven't checked.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
American Idol top 13

The American Idol 2012 Top 13 take the stage tonight to sing for your votes. The guys will take on songs by Stevie Wonder while the girls will pay tribute to Whitney Houston.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rslover. Mercy. Well I wish them good luck with that!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
will be coming in here for updates since dish network & fox are in disputes in my area & I can't watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Also, one more thing they are doing for just this week. It's guys against the girls. On results night, they will take the lowest vote getting boy and the lowest vote getting girl. Then the judges will choose which one goes home.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I want Jessica, Hollie and Erika..final 3!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I just heard Jessica sing I Will Always Love You and if you closed your eyes..Whitney was singing.
Just beautiful. I had the chills.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
wow....nobody watched!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL. I think lots of us watched. But some of also have Wednesday night as our busiest TV night and have to watch it later on the dvr or in the morning.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I confess that I watched Survivor and now I've watched the first three singers. We'll watch the rest tomorrow night and then fast-forward through the results show. It's not like we can vote up here anyway.

Though I'm still annoyed with CBS for moving Survivor to Wednesday from Thursday night. Ridiculous.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
On our Fox station in So.Fl.we have an entertainment guy and last week he picked 12 out of the 13 finalists. Tonight he felt Jessica and Phillip were the best. He predicted that Elise and Jeremy will probably get the least votes. He also did not like Shannon. I think that she is the one that murdered her song along with Elise. I didn't see the guys yet.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
It was all right. I'm not huge into the Whitney theme and I think it was sort of unfair to saddle the girls with such hefty songs. Surprisingly I liked DeAndre, he just sang really well. I think his hair gets most of the attention, but he won me over.

Jessica sang I Will Always Love You and did a good job, but I'm not feeling that girl. Erika did well. I didn't think Shannon did all that poorly, I think they were bussing her TBH.

Not feeling it as much this year. They are trying too hard to force a big star, and it feels like it'll never happen again. :/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm just starting to watch, but is it really fair to give the guys Stevie and make the girls tackle Whitney? And won't this really favor certain singers? And this crap about guys vs girls? So if the lowest scoring girl was better than all the guys or most of the guys, the judges could still send her home, since they seem determined to favor the guys this season?

Texasdeb.. at the time you posted there are a bunch of us "nobodies" who probably weren't even home yet, or if at home, didn't have AI starting for ours.

And yes, it is a busy TV night too. I have stuff recording on both DVRs.

At the moment (without west coast input) Dial idol shows no one sure to stay or leave but the dial idol score of the lowest girl IS higher than the TWO lowest guys..

Jimmer, definitely ridiculous, and if I want to vote I kind of have to watch this sooner. Not sure I will do that tonight..

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I watched it for only the second time and I too was impressed with Erika, Hollie and Jessica.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Oh, I like Phillip too.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I do not understand the judges on American Idol. I don't agree with them, nor do they know how to have their own opinion. If one likes a singer, they all jump on board with praise. If one gives negative comments, they all join in with "it wasn't your best". Not an independent thinker in the bunch.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And after all these seasons, we suddenly have "swag" and Randy has picked that up when he never used it before.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I noticed that Randy was back to the "yo, yo, yo" business. Don't these people have a bigger, more intellectual vocabulary?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Jessica has a stunning voice and her rendition of "I Will Always Love You" brought tears to my eyes. It's going to be a show down between Jessica and Hollie. Phillip Phillips will become a successful Indie/Alternative singer for sure.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I do not like Jessica, she has a good voice but she does nothing for me.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I prefer Hollie to Jessica but I agree that they were both good last night. Let's see how consistent they are through the season. I pretty much agree with Egbok. I think Philip is unique and will make it....somewhere, somehow.

Overall, I think the girls can run circles around the guys this year.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jessica reminds me of Pia. Big voice, but just not feeling her. My DH LOVED her and thought she was awesome. She just didn't do it for me. Something's missing there.

I think Skylar and Holly are my two faves for the girls. Skylar is a natural performer. Also Joshua. Love him.

HeeJun is still hilarious and his singing was better than I expected. Most of the rest of the boys are just meh for me. Don't get the Jeremy love at all and Phillip Phillips is just too much for me.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure HeeJun will not win this competition but he sure is funny and talented. Hopefully, something will open up for him that can take advantage of all his entertaining ways and he can move on and be successful. I love how he bows to everyone after his performance. So very Korean!

On another note, does anyone else hear Hollie have an accent or is it a speech issue? I can't quite place it but when she speaks I notice something is different. Doesn't seem to affect her singing.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Hollie and Jessica were the best female singers but I do agree that there is something about Jessica that just doesn't do it for me.

I am in love with Phillip Phillips! He comes on stage and I smile. I love how he feels the music so much that he cannot control his body while he's singing.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Hollie is originally from England. Didn't think Shannon was
That bad. First time I've ever voted. Voted for her 3 times. How much does it cost?