TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 29, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 2/28 - Top 13 Boys Sing: Archive through February 29, 2012 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 1:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am starting the first voting night thread early because I am anxious. LOL

We already know the top 12 boys, but they are supposed to bring one back to make tonight be 13. PLEASE, heaven above, don't let them bring back the badly behaved teenage cowboy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have a fear that it will be him :-( Hope I'm wrong.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 2:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think they may bring back that adorable kid they let go at the end. Right at the end they had the black kid and the white kid sitting next to each other, and they let the white kid through. Sorry, I can't recall either of their names, but they were both fantastic. Anyway. I think they will recall the black kid. He was superb with his singing.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Naja, that is David Leathers.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping Jermaine (?), the tall black man with the very deep voice, comes back. He has a beautiful, full, deep, rich voice and wanted this so badly. (He was the "partner" with the cowboy in one of the rounds). I do hope we don't see the cowboy return!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I vote no to the cowboy too.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Please no cowboy. He's not that good when he is singing and when he isn't singing he has been annoying.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree...why would you bring back a contestant that you know is going to be a shoo-in to be voted off the first week...and will they be voting off two boys this week?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would rather have Jermaine return too. Not sure he was on that short list, if that was the short list when they flashed what seemed like potential returnees (including that annoying and arrogant-talking cowboy.

But then I would have a NO HAT rule in force anyway.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think any of the other three would be good returns...there was Jermaine, David and another guy who they featured pretty prominently through Hollywood week...and the annoying cowboy.

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
I really like Phillip, his voice reminds me of a guy from Cdn Idol a few years back named Mookie.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought that the show tonight was okay (I'm generally pretty critical). I'm happy that the guy they decided to bring back is Jermaine.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So from the lack of comments, I guess no one found the guys very exciting? They don't seem to put through very interesting or unique guys. I hate to say it but I have to go all the way back to Adam Lambert as the last guy who caught my attention.

Does AI have boring contestants? The last three winners were pretty dull.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I must be in the minority, I absolutely loved the show, thought each and everyone was very good, and I am glad I can't vote because I wouldn't know who to vote for. My daughter is gonna drop her boyfriend for the curly haired guy, I figure he is a shoo-in for a long time with the young girls.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I'm afraid the young girls are going to keep that curly headed kid around too. I hate his falsetto voice. I think he is all over the place with pitch and not very good....but, the girls love him!

There weren't too many that stood out for me. I do like Philip Phillips and Adam Brock and HeeJun. Will have to see who gets the "popular" votes and who gets to stay.

Half will be eliminated this week. That's quite a few crushed spirits.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
OMG I sure hope dial Idol is wrong, they have 4 of my favorites in the bottom 5 and 2 of my least favorites in the top 2. Good heavens what are people voting on, dimples?

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I think deandre uses his falsetto too too much, he is good in his normal voice.

I wish they would stop splitting it with half guys half girls, and I wish they would keep the voting out of it until they get to top 10.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree about Deandre and his falsetto but he sure is pretty. (But he was also pitchy but apparently last night the judges weren't going to criticize anyone too harshly.)

I thought for the most part everybody was good. There weren't any glaring exceptions. I thought maybe the weakest were Chase, Eben and Deandre but they were still better than a lot of contestants who have been on the show previously. Unfortunately for me they all kind of blended in together. I did love Reed Grimm but hope he doesn't suffer from "first out" voting issues. I thought Creighton Frakes came off rather strangely in his taped piece. Heejun has a beautiful voice but not sure if it is strong enough for this competition. Aaron was a surprise to me - he has an amazing voice, and to me the true star of the night was Joshua.

I love Jermaine's voice but I don't feel that he has it totally under control and I'm not sure it is the voice of an American Idol. It is a wonderful voice but I would much rather hear him singing in a gospel quartet...he has the kind of voice that would anchor it beautifully.

Yoda

08-11-2005

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yoda a private message Print Post    
I'm rooting for Eben since he's semi-local to me, although I didn't think last night was his best vocal.

I like Reed but every time he smiles I think of Jake from the Bachelor. I also like Phillip and thought Joshua had the best vocal.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I thought Eben was the worst but he is number one according to dial idol. He is the poster child for Vote for the Worst.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I thought they were all pretty good for the most part. Some stood out more than others. I didn't agree with the judges on who they felt deserved a standing ovation. Isn't it kind of early for that anyway.

Philip Phillips will be a favorite in my house because he is from only an hour from here. He has performed at a local pizza place down the street and my daughters just played soccer against his high school in his hometown.

I didn't agree at all with who they brought back last night. Jermaine is not marketable at all and he's so emotional. I really can't see him selling albums. JMO

My favorite 6 that I hope go through are:
Phillip
Colton
Creighton
Heejun
Joshua
Reed

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Rslover, I think Eben is number one on dial idol because of the teen voters. He's young and cute. The girls were busy last night with their cell phones. lol

My 16 year old loves him and she admitted he didn't do well at all. She was worried he will go home and I told her all the young girls won't let that happen.lol

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Why do they sound so much better in the audition rounds than when we get to vote?

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I haven't been following, but when I do, this is typically the time (top 24) I get on board with AI. :-)

I am pleased to see that Colton Dixon came back and made it to the Top 24. Think he has a lot of heart and talent, too. Go Colton! :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think they were all very nervous last night and were having problems hearing themselves. It's hard to sing on pitch if you can't hear yourself. DH and I were laughing at the judges and how they thought everybody was so WONDERFUL last night. And then they decide to get critical with the baby of the group (Eben, 15). I actually kind of missed Simon's brutal honesty last night.

The only one we thought hit it out of the park was Joshua Ledet (only reason I remember his name was cause I was texting with my nephew in Oregon while we were watching the show). Lots of room for improvement in this group, but unfortunately at least half of them are going home this week.

Are the girls tonight?