TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: General Discussions on the New Season: Archive through February 21, 2012 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I love the play between Adam and Blake. You can tell they genuinely like each other.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I totally love the interactions of the coaches. I absolutely love this show... it makes me smile.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I love it, too! It has such a good vibe. Much better than XFactor and AI. I never thought I would be bored with AI, but I am. I have hardly watched any of it and even delete it when I have it recorded.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched a single episode of AI this season (I'm firmly not a fan of Jennifer Lopez after last season). And while I watched bits of the X Factor, I wasn't glued to it like The Voice. (And had decided if Nicole was coming back to the X Factor, I'd give up on it, too!)

"Good vibe." That's it exactly!!! The fact that most of the people trying out are professionals helps, but the coaches just have way too much fun!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Because they've upped the contestants to 12 per coach, I am hoping for many weeks of the Voice. Last year, it was over too too soon.

Carson Daly appears to be loosening up this year. He seems to really get into it with the family behind the scenes. Especially for the girl that was in the military.

BTW, love me some Adam Levine singing Prince in his upper register!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
See my first post here... there's more of everything, it looks like.

And I've been loving me some Adam Levine like crazy major this go 'round. He's going on my "free three" list! :-)

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
More of everything, ugh, wish there was less of Christina. Can't stand how she talks over everyone and is the only one that can see their talent. The best news is she'll have her 12 quickly and then can sit back and observe.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Costa - he'd better be first on that list!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I like Christina and I think she's really toned it down this year.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really like and enjoy Christina.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought Christina was obnoxious the first show and better the second. She tries to talk smack with the boys, and she just doesn't have the right tone, so ends up just sounding mean some of the time.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
So far she has toned it down but she started out last year this same way and by the end of the year I vowed not to watch it again, but here I am.

Yes, she doesn't know how to interact with men, that is exactly what I'm seeing Karuuna, she comes across as witchy instead of bantering and even when she's smiling and laughing, it comes across insincere.

I figure they know each other better behind the scenes since she and Adam worked on "Jagger" together and they are all in the same profession, but to me, the outsider, some of it comes across as twinge worthy.

I do like that she got up and apologized to Adam on the first show, it was obvious she had crossed the line and he was not happy.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I love all the judges........except Christina and "her girls". But it doesn't matter. I just ignore her and lap up every word Adam Levine says. Love Adam Levine and Maroon 5.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I mentioned the Voice to my sister because she said that she liked Adam Levine and the 'Jagger' song.... now she's mad at me because she's already hooked on it after one show !

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Loving this show........

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm really loving this show..............

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Positive vibes from coaches and performers...a joy to watch! No meanness here, no lousy performances. How refreshing. I had never watched before and got hooked a couple weeks ago.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I would NOT have recognized Jordis Unger!! Not by voice OR look! What a change.

Absolutely love this show. Always makes me smile.

Spinnaker

07-07-2005

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spinnaker a private message Print Post    
Such a different Jordis! She got robbed on Rock Star. Can't wait to see how she does here.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Jordis did get robbed on Rock Star! Wasn't she kind of blonde then & didn't she have a flirty thing going on w/Tommy Lee?

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Has the definition of "unique" been changed? It's frustrating watching some very good singers endure the embarrassment of nobody choosing them, while others are fought over for their "unique" voice which sounds pretty much like every other singer out there right now. If "unique" now means "gimmicky, distorted, and desperately trying to impersonate Nelly Furtado or Alanis Morrisette," then I need to update my dictionary.

I'm even more amazed that after doing a search on the most recent contestant that left me scratching my head, I found out she's had recording contracts already. A lot of people are tweeting that they already have a "Charlotte Sometimes" CD or she's on their phone, and they don't understand why she's competing here. Personally, I don't understand how she got that first CD. But all the chairs turned around for her.

Is this just a sign or old age? I love all the other singers, but these girls that come out creaking and screeching and get patted on the back for being "unique" just mystify me. I thought holding blind auditions would mean great voices would be rewarded, but apparently that's not helping as much as I expected. It's still about the gimmick.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm watching too & wandering "why" no chair turn around on some we've been seeing.

Did you watch last yr.? The rejects that the judges have actually seen get to audition for any empty spots. The judges all feel, at this point, that they early on picked folks that they would have rejected over other folks. Anyway, the judges all have picked folks that they want & will be listening for in this 2nd chance round & they will be competing for these folks for their final picks.

I totally understand that they are not pushing their buttons too easy..........they've already seen others that they want to try for.......in the 2nd round. And they've already "seen" them!

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Okay, again a singer comes out with the same voice as every other girl and the judges say she sounds like nothing they've ever heard before. What?! Were they wearing earplugs when Dia Frampton was singing last year? I know I've heard that voice come out of several different bodies on this show alone.

Yes, Texasdeb, I do remember how they called back some of the rejects last year and I'm hoping that will happen again this year. I can understand how some of them don't make it in because they're just a little too mellow or generic, but others are just so good my heart breaks for them.

This is the only talent competition I watch because their auditions don't allow just any yahoo looking for attention to get camera time. I do appreciate that.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I can't remember her name, but both Cee Lo and Blake pushed their buttons? If so, the first thing I though of was Dia.

And the one girl with curly hair that Christina pushed her button for? She sounds just like Kelly Clarkson.

Neither one sounded very unique.

I do think the judge are being very particular about turning around. The singer has to really wow them before they'll push a button. And yes, if they don't fill all their slots, they have the callback round.

I still think this is the best singing competition around. These are people who make their living singing, in one way or another. They just need that one chance, that one coach, who will help them reach the next level. Whether they've had contracts or not is irrelevant (Beverly had recorded several songs before competing last season, and what's his name, the winner? He had already had a contract prior to competing also, I believe.)