TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 14, 2012 users admin

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
What happened when he asked to speak to Courtney during the rose ceremony?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
When he talked to Courtney it lasted 1 minute. She reassured him she was there for the right reason, a lot to do about nothing. She came back beaming.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I can't help but laugh when Courtney claims the others are just girls and she is a woman, then skips back to her place after getting her rose. All of her taunts and sneers seem so "junior high" too...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I didn't think it was possible to dislike Courtney more, but I do after tonight! I can't wait for the After Rose show! She's a piece of work.

I really liked Emily. I'd love to see her as the next Bachelorette.
And Lindzi really needs a makeover. Her makeup is SO unflattering!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Just watched last night's show. PICK COURTNEY.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
"Kill Shot" ...

You have to wonder what Ben is thinking watching this.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Note to Ben: If you do end up with Courtney.. remember California is a Community Property State.... make sure you have a good Pre-nup! ... Although you probably aren't as rich as Courtney thinks you are so you won't have long to worry about that....

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think Ben's one saving grace may be his mom and sister, who would totally view Courtney as the other women do and maybe set him straight. I think he would listen to them; he seems to be close to his family and respect them. I think they could probably see right through Courtney.

And, as far as CA being a community property state, I'm sure Ben is in the wine business with his Mom and sister and they probably have the business end tied up pretty neatly and legally. It might be hard for a woman like Courtney to destroy that...if it ever got that far.

The thing that makes me uncomfortable about Ben is his inability to "read" women. He does not react very much when women open up to him and gives pat answers or responses. I think he misread the Ashley season and I think he is totally misreading the "Courtney" season. He has some really wonderful women to chose from but seems so fixated on Courtney. Bleck.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Prediction:Courtney will not be at the after rose party.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
For me the problem with this season is that he picked Courtney when she stepped out of the limo and told him she's a model. I think his reactions/responses to the other women are reflective of his disinterest rather than lack of personality.

Wasn't it telling when he said to her that he's a bit weird and thinks she is, too?

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I think it seemed obvious that he is going to pick Courtney to go to the end (or else she is there for dramatics) because he just totally disregarded what the other women told him. I think he essentially chose "sides"...he talked to her briefly and decided what the group date ladies said was untrue! Odd. Or maybe he just feels so strongly for this girl that he doesn't mind that she's in it to win it. She seems empty and hateful

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I would have loved to have seen one of the other three girls hand their rose back after he picked Courtney and walked off saying...If she's what you're after, then I can't possibly be. Good Luck.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Someone on the EW site posted the following re: Courtney's "behavior" from the NIH site:

Narcissistic personality disorder: Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.

Symptoms - A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:
React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
Have excessive feelings of self-importance
Exaggerate achievements and talents
Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
Need constant attention and admiration
Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy
Have obsessive self-interest
Pursue mainly selfish goals

==============================

Now, I always thought it was possible that Courtney was bipolar. I remember Monica saying in her exit interview that Courtney would nap for 3-4 hours before going on a date. The girls also commented last night how Courtney "sleeps for 3-4 hours, wakes up and attacks, and then goes back to sleep." I used to be friends with someone who was bipolar and she was exactly like Courtney with the sleeping. She couldn't walk out the door and face life without taking a 3-4 hour nap.

So anywho... while I always thought Courtney may be bipolar, now I'm not so sure as I read those NPD symptoms.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Yes, the other girls have made comments about how much she sleeps. I didn't think much about it. But, LEXI you have some valid points there.

Taking 3-4 hour naps really is unusual for a person her age.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
3-4 hours naps IS unusual... but let's remember that their whole sleeping regime is screwed up. They have the rose ceremony's every few days which last until the wee hours.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BBL, I agree in the beginning when there are 25 women that the rose ceremony takes a couple of hours - especially the first one - since the Bachelor/Bachelorette doesn't even know many of the names. But we're down to four girls now and we're talking a rose ceremony once every few days that probably doesn't last more than 10-20 minutes (so the camera crew can get all the "shots"). Besides, she's in her early 20s. Even if they don't start the rose ceremony until 10:00 p.m., Courtney should be able to stay awake until 11:00 p.m. If Courtney gets 8 hours of sleep a night, and takes two 4-hour naps as the girls have said, she's sleeping 16 hours a day. That's not right. When I was her age, I had no problem staying up until 1:00-2:00 a.m. and go to work the next day. I didn't need no stinkin' naps back then.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Rather than some deep psychological issue, maybe she is just bored. We already know she is generally anti-social when it comes to most of the other women so she probably just prefers being by herself. Does anyone know what the other women do for entertainment while the Bachelor is off on his many dates?

LOL - I must say that I was somewhat fascinated by this week's closing credits. It showed a different dimension to her that I didn't expect. Didn't seem to go along with the rest of her personality that we have seen so far.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They eat, they drink, they hang out at the pool or beach. Like I said Jimmer, at first I thought she was bipolar because of the constant napping - but she certainly fits the profile of someone with NPD to a "t."

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think Courtney is bored...if Ben is not giving her all his attention, she's bored. She probably asks herself "what are all these dumb girls doing here when he is going to pick me?" She doesn't like to be social with anyone except Ben. She can't stand it when he's with someone else, so she sleeps, rather than socialize.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
In an odd way, I found some of Courtney's attitude rather refreshing. All of the other women seem rather pathetically smitten with Ben. I LOL at their horror when Courtney said that there are other men out there. And unbelievably, a woman who actually contemplated not accepting a rose. A women who is considering the faint absurd possibility that Ben may not be good enough for her or who may not want to introduce him to her family. Shocking!

It's funny how our perception of someone affects how we feel about their actions. I was watching Kacie rubbing her hands with glee over the idea of Courtney not getting a rose, crushing her and saying how happy she would be and rather enjoying her reaction. Yet Courtney gets criticized for her "see ya" comment?

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Haven’t been posting here but have been watching the show. I find Ben to be boring and shallow as can be, and boy needs a haircut badly. I will be shocked if he has found true love and is in a relationship.

Courtney is despicable and imo not even that pretty. She certainly knows how to play to Ben, as well as to the camera. Her exes are all coming out of the woodwork with some interesting stuff to say. It also appears the apple doesn’t fall fall from the tree. Her mother is also a piece of work.

COURTNEY'S MOM SPEAKS

COURTNEY HAD AN OLD SUGARDADDY

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
Ben did not disappoint last night. I think it is Courtney all the way. If Ben does not want to listen to what so many of the women are telling him...well good luck to him. After the hometown dates I think Nikki will go home next.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - The auto-tune video was pretty funny. This whole show is a wonderful mess this season.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think when Courtney said "There are other men." she meant other men for the losers.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Exactly DogDoc!!