TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 13, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 13, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The names were left out to protect the innocent.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The "I was heartbroken for Ben.." is probably my quote.

I think it has to do with the role they are in. When you are one of 12 or 15 guys, the entire show is not on your shoulders. You are supporting player, more relaxed. When you are the main character, I think there's a lot of pressure to do things "right", to narrate, etc. I don't think Ben is comfortable in that role.

I have the feeling he's never met the likes of a Courtney, because a girl like Courtney would never go after him so hard unless he was on TV.

I still like Ben. I think he's in way over his head.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Ben also needs better script writers cuz I swear if he says "I'm starting to have feelings for [insert name here]" again, or whatever it is he says every week, I'll scream. Actually, I'll likely stop watching. I missed last week's and won't bother with this week's...

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Costa, do you want me to let you know when he picks Courtney? We can do a happy dance to celebrate the fact that he listened to us! LOL

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Is tonight the night that the girls confront him about Courtney? They showed it in the previews two weeks ago, and I thought it would have been on last week's episode but it never happened. I think they do that to suck us in.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I find I have to really listen because sometimes they say "next week on the Bachelor..." and other times they say "This season on the Bachelor...".

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I saw that on this mornings's preview- they specifically said the girls were going to call her out "tonight."

And then the preview makes it look like Ben calls Courtney out for a private talk, right before giving out the last rose.

However, we all know we can trust their previews!

I'll be watching The Voice. :-)

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'll totally be watching The Voice. It's why I missed THIS show last week. Although I suspect I could view it online or On Demand, I've no desire to.

Then again, Auntie, yeah, you'll have to let me know when he's PICKED COURTNEY so we can happy dance together!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I think one of those quotes is probably from me. :-)

I have really changed my opinion of Ben. I don't hate him. He does seem like an ok guy. With potential. When he regrets not acting more caring toward the women, I see potential in him to learn and act more caring in the future. I really lost respect for him when he chose to go skinny dipping with Courtney.

I do think this is the worst season of the Bachelor though. Most of that has to do with Ben. and it's not because he is attracted to Courtney. I can't stand her, but she is adding interest to the show.

I will continue to watch though.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I think once they become the bachelor, it's a turn-off to watch them slobbering (OK kissing, some do slobber tho!) all over so many different women. Most of us can't comprehend really caring about one person and then going out with so many others. The over-nights have always bothered me for that reason. Who knows? Maybe they don't sleep together and just talk all night, be we are led to believe differently. Also, the having a terrible time chosing between the last two (Yes, it's part of the show's plot) doesn't exactly touch the romantic side in all of us. If our spouses to be were exchanging spit with some other woman the night before they proposed, well, I think a lot of us would be a wee bit ticked off. :-)

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Ben took Lindzi on the first 1on1, Emily the second, and there is a third 1on1. No roses on these dates. There will be a rose on the Group Date. They are in Belize. Courtney is her usual snarky self..she hopes Ben sends someone home on the dates.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Courtney had a pity party for her self and if she doesn't get the third 1on1, she will not accept a rose tonight. She even shed a few tears. Ben and Emily caught lobsters and had them for dinner and really had a good date. She is ready to take him home to meet her family.
After all of Courtney's bitching to everyone, she got the third date, she is gloating now.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Thanks for spoiling Jag!! I used to watch the east coast bcast online but that website seems to have been shutdown so I'm stuck watching the west coast bcast as it airs here. Love hearing what happens ahead of the show and appreciate that you take time to share with us Westies who have to wait until later. Thanks!!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Courtney is really good about threatening things isn't she? And she is probably the worst winner, as well as loser. She has no tact does she? I wish she'd say something to Ben like "if you don't give me a rose yada yada yada" and have him call her out on it!

(I'm not watching, but am gonna enjoy Jag's spoilers!)

Ya know, do they check these people for communicable diseases? I'm wondering exactly how "clean" Ms Courtney is. I mean, if she's so eager to throw herself at Ben (just for additional air time), what else has she done? Just sayin', ya know?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Courtney is using reverse psychology on Ben, she told him that she was losing her interest in him because he was paying soo much attention to the other girls, especially taking Emily on a 1on1. She doesn't like the other girls and would not have them as friends outside the house. She had to make sure Ben really cared for her and she is the "one" before she would take him home to meet her family. She has Ben eating out of her hands. This girl is good. She made him feel bad.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Can't wait to see if Ben is taken home to meet Courtney's family? Does she even have one? She never talks about anyone but herself. Should be interesting.

Oh, and Ben, PICK COURTNEY!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Ben woke Rachael, Kacie, and Nicki at 4 AM and took them swimming with sharks. Rachael is afraid of sharks so Ben is giving her encouragement and the other 2 girls are a bit jealous of the attention she is getting. Kacie told Ben that she is falling in love with him. Ben gave Kacie the GD rose because she poured her heart out to him today. The 3 girls are telling Ben about Courtney and he seems a little concerned about all the negative feedback he is getting about her.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
No cocktail party tonight, Ben has his mind made up. The girls are all nervous except "her", she is happy..let's get the show on the road so she can get engaged, or something to that effect.
Ben wanted to talk to Courtney before the RC. He explained his concern to her and all is super between them. Nicki, Lindzi, and Courtney got roses. Rachael and Emily were sent home. Rachael feels rejected and is crying. Emily wishes she could take back everything she said about Courtney to Ben.
Home town dates are next week. Kacie's father said that if Ben asked for her hand in marriage, he would say no.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
PICK COURTNEY!!! You deserve each other!

Gail

08-11-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gail a private message Print Post    
He deserves Courtney and all the bad things that come with her. He is acting like a knucklehead! I can't believe he keeps faling for Courtney's manipulating.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Kacie's father sounds like one smart man. 'nough said!

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Kacie, Nicki, Lindzi, Courtney... does anyone else find this odd?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Three REAL girls and one phoney baloney. Yep, that sounds about right. I personally have no clue who Nicki is. I'd better watch tonight to figure that out. I like Kacie and Lindzi and think they are both too good for him.

PICK COURTNEY.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
What is odd about these 4 girls? I have no idea why he kept Emily soo long, I liked Rachael and Jennifer. I really, really like Kacie and Nicki but I think Kacie seems a little too immature and Nicki has some baggage (divorced), not that that is anything today, but it could be to Ben. I find Ben to be cute and he has a good personality, but if he picks Courtney, he is down right dumb, not smart, after everything he has heard from the other girls. I wonder how he feels after watching the show now? I can't wait until TWTA and ATFR.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
All names end in "eee" ... was all I was getting at.... half the girls in the entire group had "eee" names .. makes you wonder if they (the powers that beeeee) go looking for something like that... (sounds better on T Veeeee than Rachel, Jacklyn, Monica, Shawn)