TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 13, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 13, 2012 users admin

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
At this point I want him to pick Courtney. The others are too good for him and deserve better!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Let's start a PICK COURTNEY campaign.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Oooh... a vote for the worst??? I'm in!!!

Ben is a joke. He's not looking for real love. And until he cleans himself up (both physically and emotionally grows up), he's not gonna find true love. I'm not surprised to hear that the women HE has loved haven't loved him back. Eeww...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow! Ben may not be the best looking guy out there but he's not that bad looking.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Skinny, bad hair, bad personality....yeah, actually he is.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
If he was wonderful and romantic and caring and not so boring, he'd be a lot better looking, imo. And his hair wouldn't be such a turn off.

Objectively, no he's not that bad if you just look at a photo of him. But now when I see a photo of him, he's worse looking than when he was on Ashley's season because his personality is more revealed and he's just not very appealing at all.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that he seems a little dull and lost for words at times. As far as physical appearance goes, he may not be the best looking guy but take a look around you. I guess there must be an awful lot of exceptionally good looking studs where you are living.

As far as we know, Ben has only seen one example of Courtney being rude. That was the "what's her butt" comment and a lot of the other women were making derogatory remarks about Shawntel as well. Ben finds Courtney physically attractive and she clearly is the one who has shown the most interest in him so I don't see it particularly shocking or stupid that he likes her (any more than Ashley was stupid for liking Bentley - except that Ashley continued to like Bentley even after he ditched her). We simply have the advantage of knowing things about Courtney that Ben didn't at that point. It's his loss.

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Skinny, bad hair, bad personality....

And he looks like he's a lousy kisser!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, he actually IS that bad. I had no clue who he was when I tuned in the first show of this season, so I had no preconceived notions. The first thought I had was how unattractive he really was. Then the second episode (or was it the third) when he had shorts on. And then no shirt. Um, yeah, not even remotely handsome. (And Jimmer, I live in southern California! EVERYONE here is drop dead gorgeous, don't ya know! :-))

And then there's the personality. Or lack thereof.

Not to mention the lousy kissing part. Cuz yeah, that's not looking like it's a fun thing to do.

I'm wondering if the producers are regretting picking him this season since I've not seen much positive about him.

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
I'm on the "PICK COURTNEY campaign."

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
It's official: my new mantra for Ben is

PICK COURTNEY!!!!!!

wish I could whisper it in his ear 24/7

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I'm still behind on the show....but am going to try to catch up. And will pay particular attention to Ben's kissing technique (I just decided that if I were on a shallow show like this and people said that I was a bad kisser, that would be far worse than almost anything else they could say. I think I would prefer to be known as a bad person!) But as behind as I am, I'm in with the pick Courtney!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
This is just too funny, after watching the last show I was thinking he is such a loser that I hope he picks Courtney as they both really deserve each other. Before this I kept hoping that he would dump her, but not now. They will never last anyhow.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wonder who he takes to swim with sharks? LOL! Should the sharks be afraid?

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
The sharks should be afraid if he takes Courtney!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sea!!!

I loved Ben during Ashley's season. Who knew he would be such a disappointment as the Bachelor! This is the one thing about them using recycled bachelors from the Bachelorette: so many times we end up hating someone we loved on the B-ette! Remember how everyone loved Bachelor Bob before he was the star of the show? And Jason? Ack!!! This show eats their own.

The one exception was Ali! I hated her on the Bachelor, but she wasn't so bad as the B-ette. I actually liked her on her own show, when she wasn't hating on Vienna all the time.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
BJM, I agree! I also liked Jake a lot before he was the bachelor. I thought he was kind of boring, but his season turned out ok. I actually liked him during the season, but after, when he and Vienna were sitting on the couch with Chris after their break up...ugh! Worst bachelor ever! (I know I said the same about Ben, but Ben doesn't seem like he has that kind of temper. I meant this is the worst bachelor season ever.)

Yep, they should stop recycling. Other than Ali, they've all become worse, in my eyes anyway. And Ali really had no where to go but up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never liked Vienna and ended up not liking Jake.

I know they won't but I wish for the recycling to stop, as well.. or at least be much more selective.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
The latest issue of People had a "how to fix the Bachelor". And one of the things was to stop with the recycling. I think there was also mention of bachelors with zero personality! :-)

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
My message to Ben for tonight: PICK COURTNEY! There, I've said it (again) and I'm proud to be a 'matchmaker' for this guy and gal!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
OK...

PICK COURTNEY!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Costacat - Zero personality - yes they need a bachelor with a little bit of a spark. Ben just doesn't seem to have that. Maybe the editing is making him look like a dud. I don't know.

I am also hopping on the PICK COURTNEY train. Choo Choo! They deserve each other.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought I was losing my mind because I recalled lots of positive comments about how wonderful Ben is from when he was in Ashley's season. Here are some of them:

quote:

"Ben seems like such a great guy. Hope they choose him for the next Bachelor!!!"

"I agree about Ben--super considerate, sweet, open, and all good things."

"Ben should be the next bachelor...love him"

"I would like Ben to be the next Bachelor"

"I love Ben!! He would be a fantastic Bachelor."

"I was just heartbroken for Ben. I would love for him to be the next Bach"

"I truly think Ben was the nicest, most real, most down to earth guy on the Bachelor. I really really like him. I hope he falls in love with someone great."

"I would LOVE to see more of Ben."

I guess familiarity breeds contempt? Seriously, it seems that the better we get to know these people, the less that we like them. I wonder what that says about them and us? Or maybe the very nature of the role (of Bachelor) makes someone less likeable?

Is there anyone that you liked more as the Bachelor or Bachelorette? I liked Ali a lot but I didn't see her on Jake's season. I also liked Ashley more when she was the Bachelorette. But no Bachelors were an improvement.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I"m guessing it has to do more with the role they are in. As one of many vying for Ashley, he came across quite differently.

As the bachelor, succumbing to the charms of someone manipulative, and coming across as a bit uncaring toward the many women interested in him - it brings out a very different side of his personality.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
<<---- Relieved she didn't make any of those quotes in Jimmer's 9:16 a.m. post.