TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 07, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 07, 2012 users admin

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Ah, I've just discovered what the problem is. Ben also parts his hair down the middle on his little head.

Does Chris H. have his blog up yet? Or are there any other commentaries up that we can read to help "explain" the bizarreness (sp?) of last night?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, Chris H. never explains something what I would call truthfully. He always puts the "production" spin on things. I find Reality Steve always has the true story of why something went down the way it did.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Ben is "cute" to me, but not handsome. My interest is quickly waning when up against "The Voice" and thinking about/listening to Courtney.Surely that chick will go next week; I don't want to see her with him.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
Here's Chris Harrison's blog:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/02/07/chris-harrison-the-bachelor-episode-6-blog-2/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If Ben had more personality, the hair wouldn't be a huge issue.. but then if he had more of a personality he wouldn't be on his SECOND reality show looking for "love". Money, perhaps, exposure, perhaps, but you'd think he'd want a more flattering form of exposure, then.

And so far, just what I thought.. the guy she broke up with is allowed to call and poison the waters to the extent she is basically booted from the show, and humiliated as well.. I mean c'mon, Chris.. no time to let her comb her hair or put on shoes? They cut off the bottom of the shot when she got in the cab but they made it seem like she was on her way to an airport in Panama, crying, ungroomed, dressed in loungewear, no suitcase packed and barefoot. I realize that has to be bogus, but still.. not nice. And then Chris had the nerve to
"comfort" her with a hug.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
In past seasons they have done complete makeovers of the lead... from hair style to dental work. You gotta wonder why they didn't insist that Ben do something with his hair. And yah, he always looks like a mess. he doesn't have the most toned body... but he could work with what he does have a little better. Was the wardrobe dept on hiatus?

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Everytime I see Courtney, this song pops into my head:

"Black, black, black and blue
Beat me 'til I'm numb
Tell the devil I said "Hey" when you get back to where you're from
Mad woman, bad woman
That's just what you are
Yeah, you smile in my face then rip the brakes out my car"

Good Luck Ben!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Loved all the comments at end of Chris blog. They're spot on!

Can't wait to hear what Blakley has to say about Court... since she was slammed several times by her.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Ben and the totally unlikeable Courtney are taking a backseat to The Voice. I may watch the show online or On Demand, but he is just not someone I care about. He's kind of unlikeable, too, actually!

I don't know what happened with Casey S but I have to say I smiled a little when I heard she was ejected. Wasn't she the only friend Courtney had? Oh so sad!

As for Ben, I've thought his hair cut, the way he dresses, all of that makes him less attractive. I couldn't figure out how the women were already falling for him after the first episode. Eesh. I would've run for the hills! (Of course, I could've been really shallow and hung around so I could travel to all these places!)

Speaking of... is this traveling around all new? It seems to me it sort of defeats the purpose. Then again, Ben is so boring, maybe then needed a change of venue every week? :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I understand why people think that Casey should have stayed or that they were picking on her. Like it or not, the premise of the show is that they are all there looking for love and being open. Unless I misheard her, Casey said that she was still in love with her "ex". There is no point in having someone on the show if they are still in love with someone else who isn't even there. It would be like Ben going through the whole show and getting down to the final two and then bringing in a third woman (who we have never seen) and proposing to her instead.

To answer Costa's question, they have been traveling much more in the last few Bachelors and Bachelorettes. I think it makes the show more interesting. As someone else here said, it's like the Amazing Race without the competitions.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
If there are no "competitions" then why does Courtney always think she is "winning"? Snark, snark!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
When has it ever been a prerequisite that you have to be 100% completely over your last ex to be on this show? They were broken up and she was ready to move on (at least she was thinking she was) to find someone who wanted what she wants. She said over and over she wasn't getting back with him. I think the producers spoon fed her, making her not trust her own heart and mind. Maybe she did need therapy but it certainly wasn't up to the show to kick her to the curb.

Why would they take some ex boyfriends word? He could be hurt or not wanting her to be with anyone else?? who knows. There has to be more to the story. Maybe we'll see on the WTA that she is with her ex and they're engaged to be married. Could happen.. but it should have been her call to make, not the show.

Out of her and and what we've seen of Courtney... who is MORE "not there for the right reasons"?? If they wanted to kick someone out to protect Bens feelings... its wasn't Casey.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That's exactly my point, Costa. Why take the ex-boyfriend's words? Casey made it very clear that they broke up over six months ago because he "didn't want to marry her." That's why this whole thing reeks of being manufactured by the producers. Chris never said the ex called him - he said "they spoke with three people" - thus making it impossible for Casey to confront Chris at the WTA saying her ex never called the producers. By saying they "spoke with three people," it makes it almost impossible for Casey to verify who the producers spoke with. The whole thing just stunk to high heaven - but it seems like at least every season someone has to "leave" for not being there for the right reasons. This year, we were fortunate enough to have two with Casey and Samantha.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I just read Chris H.'s blog and the comments below it. Good stuff. Probably the way a lot of us are feeling about this show and its 'characters'.

I had a thought: if all the girls acted as if they could care less about Ben and let it be known they weren't really into him, would Courtney still go "full speed ahead" with her "winning" game? I doubt it. She just wants to prove she is desirable. If she can have him free and clear (no competition) I doubt whether she would even give him the time of day. It surely can't be for the travel opps as she's "been" all those places anyway. Just sayin'.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Didn't Casey say that she was still in love with her Ex? Regardless, it is up to Ben who stays and who goes and if he had really fallen for Casey and vice versa then I doubt this would have been an issue and she would have stayed. Did she even tell Ben she wanted to stay?

From Television Without Pity recap:

quote:

Harrison interrupts Casey's prattling and asks her flat-out if she's still in love with Michael. "I don't want to be. What I want is to give up hope that he'll change, because I think that's the start to moving on," she says, adding that it's "really come to [her] attention" in the last couple of days that she still is. But she doesn't want to be, if that helps!

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/...

No wonder Ben was confused.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I thought Chris was the one who looked bad on this episode. Casey said she broke up with the ex because he didn't want to get married. Chris was trying to push he into something. "But you still love Michael?"

Well gosh... she might love him. But that doesn't mean she sees a future with him. She was there to move on! There have been countless of women who had ex's they were trying to get over.

And Chris has always said it is not his role to warn the girls... let them figure it out for themselves. Why intervene now??? and with such a meaningless ex?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I still don't think production should have intervened and waited until almost time for rose ceremony to ambush her, drag her off in a very dramatic and public way, again, forcing her to climb the back stairs barefoot to confront her, then drag her off to Ben.

Last year they left Bentley in when he was FILMED badmouthing Ashley, snarking about Ashley and admitting he was only there for his business.. so now they overreact.

I think if Ben spent some time with her and THEN she was so indecisive and incoherent,he could make his own decision.

This was just beyond rude, IMO.

There are lots of them who are incoherent or who have various issues but the whole premise of the show is that the bachelor or bachelorette of the season gets to make those choices.. not "three people" who may or may not want to mess with someone's mind or life.

Chris has always been seen as supportive or a mentor but he's moved over to coming across as an ass.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Does anyone here seriously think that Ben was going to pick Casey anyway? Because the bottom line is that if he truly liked her he would have told Chris where to go and kept her.

LOL - This whole show is a mess. Lots of histrionics and "drama".

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
oh and Blakely/Rachel date. I understand why Ben sent Blakely home... but I was so disappointed with Rachel when she ran over to the window to watch Ben walking Blakely out. Very tacky.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Jimmer... no, Ben probably would not have kept Casey... all the more reason for Chris not to compromise his role as the host.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Didn't Chris say that three people had called about Casey's relationship with Michael? Then, they called Michael to ask about it?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
He didn't say three people "called," he said they "talked to three people." Obviously, when they apply they have to fill out endless forms - so it probably would have been on Casey's application about her previous relationship.

Even Reality Steve is kind of calling BS on this. He said it makes no sense for an ex-boyfriend who didn't want to marry her to stand in her way from moving on and calling TPTB over a relationship which broke up six months ago. He seemed to think the whole thing just didn't make any sense.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Apparently Ben has said in HIS blog (20567733%2C00.html,http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20567733,00.html) that he "could've been more sympathetic" to Casey S.

"She was clearly involved with a guy that wasn't appreciating her but all I could hear was that she was still in love with someone else," he explained. "I had just sent Blakeley home, which was really hard on both of us, and I kept thinking, 'How could you let yourself be here still if you're not that into me?'

"I can't change the way I reacted but I do hope Casey S. finds a man that appreciates her like she deserves."

And my takeaway from that? Really Ben? You think they are really "into you"? REALLY?

And while you cannot change the way you reacted, an apology, in public, sorta goes a long way towards mitigating your crappy reaction.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Well, it took Ben forever to chase Blakely down and then say good bye to her.

Rachel ran to see Ben and Blakely just like the girls ran to see Chris talk to Casey.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Actually it does make sense: I don't want you but no one else can have you either.