TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 06, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 06, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'd say after this show he's less of a "catch".

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I think Courtney was definitely trying to show everyone that she could get Ben to do whatever she wanted. And then can lord it over all of them (even Ben).

If they were a couple, skinny dipping wouldn't even be an issue. It would be fun!

She got her way.

I really hope he doesn't pick her but it looks like she is "winning"...grrr

I'm getting the feeling that neither one of them is "there for the right reasons".}

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It is hard to say when he taped the voiceover. However, he did also say he was going to focus more on the other women at the time.

What he said in interviews later sounds more like rationalization, in response to criticism.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I agree with Kar. It's really easy to rationalize LATER when you hear what the public is saying.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I still think this is a crazy show. Having a relationship with multiple women at the same time has to be considered disrespectful in the first place and that is the very premise of this show which most of us still enjoy and watch. Skinny dipping with one of them may be a bit more disrespectful but the whole situation is crazy in the first place. It's like saying someone is slightly more pregnant.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I agree with you to a point. Yes, it's pretty disrespectful to be *kissing* multiple women, esp in the same day. However, dating them all is not so disrespectful. It's how far one takes it that crosses the line to sleazy, and Ben/Courtney skinny dipping definitely went sleazy.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I would totally go skinny dipping (or chunky dunking in my case) with my DH. I would NEVER, however, do it in front of camera men or the entire friggin world.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
chunky dunking

LOL I have never heard that phrase befor... I love it!!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
me neither! funny :-)

Heres a youtube of Courtneys antics to drive home why we all dislike her so much.. not that we'd ever forget.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOmSZVDaE-Y&feature=player_embedded

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
The ladies who are bachelor contestants know that they will all be dating one guy. I think there is a level of expectation that the bachelor will be respectful to the degree that he won't be naked embracing one of the women who is also naked until they are down to individual dates only.

While I don't like Courtney because I do not think she is a nice person, and while I find it sleazy to be naked and skinny dipping on camera for this show, I am more upset with Ben than Courtney for the skinny dipping incident. (not that I am upset, but for lack of a better term)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I get what you are saying Happymom - maybe "disappointed"?

And I'm going to throw this out - not that I am making any excuses for Ben because I think what he did was extremely disrespectful. And I'm going to try to say this as nicely as I can. I think IRL Ben could never get a girl as pretty as Courtney. Granted, once she opens her mouth to the cameras, it's all over once you see how ugly she is on the inside (but Ben doesn't see that). I'd bet dollars to donuts that Ben has never had a "model" tell him she wants to have his babies and go skinny-dipping. JMHO.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Didn't Ben say that he'd basically failed in love because those he liked never liked him? Geez, ya think?

I'm pretty sure the model aspect has blinded him to anything else. I think I said that early on, when he kept repeating "she's a model." Yeah, big whoop. I used to model, too.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Think about it - if Ben and Brad (who I actually thought was quite handsome) were sitting next to each other in a coffee shop and Courtney came in. Who do you think she would go after? Courtney wouldn't even notice Ben sitting there.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Do the girls have to provide their own dresses and do they get a stipend for being on the show?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Wow.....everyone must be watching "The Voice" like me on NBC........

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I'm watching Texasdeb...

Courtney is just driving me crazy!!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I've got The Voice and The Bachelor recording; then Smash and Castle. Gaaaarrrr, I hate it when all the good stuff is one at once! At least I know what I'll be doing tomorrow! :-)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Reenie.....please spoil!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Blakley and Rachel had a double date and Blakeley was sent home sobbing uncontrollably.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Chris Harrison just came into the room with the girls and takes Casey S. out of the room. Everyone is surprised.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Chris takes Casey outside and tells her that he has been told she is in love with someone else back home. She has a boyfriend named Michael. Chris spoke to Michael and Michael said they are still in a relationship. Casey S. is denying.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Casey tells Chris that Michael didn't want to get married and she does. She's saying she does have feelings for Michael. She doesn't want to be in love with Michael but she is. They go to talk with Ben.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
She tells Ben that she came to the show trying to get over Michael. Ben isn't taking this very well and is making faces at her.

He's angry because he has sent women home and kept her and she's really in love with Michael back home.

She asks him to understand but he doesn't and tells her she should go home. Chris immediately takes her outside and off she goes. Crying and crying.

Bandit

07-29-2001

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Costacat...that's the blog I asked about (last week, my bad!) Sorry for taking this long to acknowledge.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Chris tells the remaining ladies that she's gone. Ben asks Chris to ask the ladies "if you aren't completely open to find love, please step away".

No one steps away.

Cocktail party and rose ceremony coming up!