TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 04, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 04, 2012 users admin

Whoami

08-02-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
LOL @ Glenn!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb! That's Courtney and Ben.

Thanks Glenn, that cleared EVERYTHING up for me. LOL

One man's junk is another (wo)man's treasure......NOT! Those two sure do deserve each other.

Personally, I'm into cleaning up my environment!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I may be naive, but I hope that they're not always having sex when they go to the Fantasy Suite. I hear them say that it's a time to get to know each other without the cameras. I know there are some who use the time to get intimate, but I would never have sex with a guy I knew was dating 2 or 3 other women at the same time, especially since there's a possibility he could dump me at the next rose ceremony. Just makes the whole thing more painful.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Honestly, we don't even know if they get nekkid in the fantasy suite. We do know they get nekkid for skinny dipping.. and for the cameras even!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
There's truth to the saying: "it's good to leave some things up to the imagination." I so agree Karuuna. Not sure what they do in fantasy suite but we're pretty sure about the nekkid part of dipping.

No getting around that!

I guess I'd never go on a show with cameras. (Impossible, right?????) That lets me off the hook for reality shows for sure!!!

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
While Ben may believe that any guy would jump at the chance to go skinny dipping with a model... (did you know Courtney was a model?)... I would think that if he really cared for her he would not want her to be undressing for the world...

Anyone watch Millionaire Matchmaker? as Patti always says..."The penis does the picking" and I think her other phrase, "his picker is off" describes Ben's attraction to Courtney.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Bingo, BBL! Courtney is the type of girl Ben would get nekkid (hee!) with and go skinny-dipping, but I can't see him taking her home to his mother and sister. And why would any guy want a girl he cared for to be nekkid in front of the cameras for all the world to see. I just don't get it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
First of all, keep in mind that "the world" saw nothing more than a blur. Plus actresses get naked and even pretend to have sex in front of cameras. Some of them have even won Academy Awards.

What it comes down to is nudity is a lesser deal for some people than other people. My negative opinion of Courtney has far more to do with what comes out of her mouth than any skinny dipping.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
It's not nudity that bothers me (junk in hand or no). It's the absolute lack of self respect that I think either of them have, and the lack of self control that Ben so obviously has. I think it's a bit rank and skanky of Courtney to pull out the sex card, but equally skanky of Ben to play that card with her.

Did the cams ever show them coming out of the water? Cuz if they were really "doing it", there's something to be said for NOT doing it in the sand. If you know what I mean. (Being a southern California beach girl my entire life, I quite intimately know that doing it on the beach ain't all that!)

So it's not the nudity that's bothersome to me. It's the blatant "I'm going to catch this man with sex" and the "I'm going to think with my dick and let her lead me astray" thing that's bothersome.

Plus, I really REALLY think she's the most unattractive there. In looks and personality.

And definitely lacking in class. She's someone I'd love to see Ben bring home though, cuz I think his mom/sister might just see thru the bimbo "winning" game of Courtney.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Courtney may think she can manipulate men with her ways but I doubt whether other women, including Ben's family, will be so accepting. Women see right through the Courtney types and I think his Mom and sister will see right through her. I'm hoping she doesn't get that far, however. I really think Ben might be having some regrets....and, rightly so!

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Jimmer. I saw a lot more than a blur... I saw a naked girl pulling off her g-string... no blur there. And no blur on her naked breast which she in no way attempted to cover.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The world may have seen a blur, but the cameraperson certainly saw it all. And the naked footage exists.

This isn't about 'acting'. This is about a REAL LIFE that your family is going to be watching, and if you choose someone other than Courtney, your future wife is watching. There's a reason Ben, who was there, said he was "disappointed" in himself for his "intimate moment."

Sorry, the situations aren't comparable at all. Not to me.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So if you're paid to get naked and it is artistic (supposedly) and millions of people get to see it (without it being blurred out), it's better than just doing it for fun and having it blurred out? And is this show "real life"? Just throwing this out for discussion.

I must have missed the naked unblurred breast. And we have no idea what happened in the water any more than we know what happens in the fantasy suites.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think it was the best idea especially considering that friends, family and prospective future employers are watching (though I'm not sure if that has much of an impact given they are in the wine making and modeling businesses). That said, some of us have done some pretty dumb things when we were in our twenties.

Honestly, if this show has any reality to it, I find it amazing that any of these relationships have any lasting time at all given the multiple intimate interactions. Sure you obviously know that your current partner has probably been intimate with other people but it's not like you get to watch it on TV and it was happening at the same time that he or she was being intimate with you.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think it is different. :-)

One is your profession, the other is about real seduction. As I said, even Ben, who was there, regretted it. And we know he called it an "intimate moment." There's no need to regret something and be "disappointed" in yourself if it's not wrong in some way.

In addition, it is very disrespectful to the other women, and as Ben well knows, if he chooses someone else, it will cause problems for that relationship. He says he is in this for real, which is also very different from acting in a movie. It's about *real* feelings.

So, yeah, I think it is different.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I still think the Fantasy Suit is for sex and the skinny dipping was for fun.

Rose petals all over a bed and candles in the dark room hardly says anything else.

Whereas, who can forget George and his problem on Seinfeld when he went into the ocean. lol

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Way back in the day, years ago, I campaigned for Black's Beach (we wanted people to vote NO on some proposition, which would allow us to retain the swimsuit optional portion of the beach). I was filmed many times, on camera, completely naked. I know they cropped so I was only head and shoulders on the news. But there were many other people who watched me get body painted (with the "no on prop whatever" somewhere on my body). I was very young then, but I have sworn that I can never run for public office because those photos will come out. While I think most of the painting was "tasteful" I was still naked, in public, and I was painted and photographed, in public, and I was NOT paid for it! LOL!

As for Ben being in this for real, I'm beginning to think that he's trying to convince HIMSELF of that (let alone the viewing audience). I hear him say that so many times in every episode (and so far it's been what? four weeks?) that I can totally see he's trying to convince himself of that. And now particularly since he succumbed to the "charms" of Courtney.

I absolutely don't think the skinny dipping was for fun. I think Courtney was hoping she'd get her fish hook in him and then could use it to get him to keep giving her roses (you had sex with me on the beach and everyone knows!) or so she can lord it over the other girls (he had sex with me on the beach and everyone knows!).

And Doc, the waters off Puerto Rico are fairly warm. I don't think shrinkage is much of an issue. I can guarantee you it's not an issue down here in southern California during the summer months! :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
O, I thought it was the salty water. Shows how much I know. lol

Glenn

07-05-2003

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I think you may be confusing the skinny dipping in the ocean with potassium nitrate

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
lol Good old salt peter

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
In my defense, you can shrink tissue osmotically with a concentrated salt solution. Think of the Dead Sea.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I still think if Ben was dating Courtney and they were the only two people involved, I would have no problem with them skinny-dipping. I just think it was very disrespectful to the other women involved. You know they're going to be hurt and upset when they find out about it. If he cares at all about the feelings of the other women, that's what he's regretting now. To say nothing of the woman he chose at the FRC (I'm assuming he actually chose one, and I'm willing to bet it wasn't Courtney). I'm sure he would have told her about it before she saw it on TV, but I'll bet she wasn't very happy about it! I'm envisioning one very unhappy young lady!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, I agree, tho I still think it was a bad idea to do it on camera. But if they were in a committed, monogamous relationship, no problem.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Can't wait for "Women Tell All" or "After the Rose" shows!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hard to say when he taped the voiceover that said he regretted it.. recently he talked to Jimmmy Kimmel when they had just teased the skinny dipping scenes and he didn't voice a bit of regret.. said what would any guy do and if people saw his butt, no big deal. And by the time he talked to Jimmy the whole season had been filmed and he knew the outcome.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Sea, good point about the timing of the voiceover.

I don't think Ben saying it was an intimate moment necessarily means they did the deed. Embracing someone who is naked when you are also naked is pretty intimate to me. That alone is just soooo not ok to do in this situation when he is still dating so many women imo. Not that it is more ok when he has it down to just the ones still there at fantasy suite time. Some may think it is ok then, some may not. But I think it may be more understandable then. And more expected then.

Just the skinny dipping with Courtney , well, if they had kept their distance from each other, would not be nearly as hurtful and disrespectful to the other women. Still inappropriate since it was just the two of them, still hurtful and disrespectful, but not as much as it actually was when he touched her / allowed her to touch him.

This does not bode well for any future relationships for him, imo, whether those relationships are with women from this franchise or not.

Shame on Ben.