TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 31, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 31, 2012 users admin

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Saw him on Ellen. She is funny! saying things like dissing Courtney and then saying he's probably engaged to her. At the end of the interview I think she said something like it doesn't matter anyway because it (a relationship) isn't going to happen. She was being funny, not mean.

He gives absolutely nothing away though. He is watching the show and has been surprised by how some of the women have been acting away from him.

I have seen more charisma in him on Kimmel and Ellen than what we've seen on the Bachelor or Bachelorette.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think those two draw charisma out of many people..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ellen is great with people. She has a way of making funny comments but not in an unkind way.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
So, what we're really saying is.....Ellen is THE WINNER! That's why she gets the Emmy! She's "winning" , as Courtney would say.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
~ Ellen is great ~

I really liked Ben last season... but this season he appears to have zero personality. The edit spends so much time on the interactions between the girls that we really see very little of Ben. He basically introduces the scene, gives a few plugs for the location, and then kisses the girl.

He does show more charisma on Ellen on Jimmy Kimmel than we have seen of him on TB.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love Ellen, though I rarely watch and I also enjoy Kimmell a great deal, but don't often watch him, either.

I did catch his American Idol bit where they played snippets and the audience had to guess "Idol or Animal" and all the sounds were pretty bad.. then you'd see the picture of the person or animal "singing" or sounding.. they also included a snip of Steven Tyler and his national Anthem. I was actually expecting Ben to be on that night but he wasn't there.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I have to say that when Ben was on Ashley's season, I saw a playful, funny side of him with Ashley. Maybe he just needs the right girl to draw him out. I don't see him as having no personality. I just see him as maybe being uncomfortable with all these new girls. Hopefully, as he gets more comfortable he'll show more of his personality. I thought he was adorable on Ashley's season and was disappointed when she didn't pick him. Now JP. There's a guy with no personality! I totally did not see what she saw in him!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree Babyjax's mom. I think there is a fun, playfull side of Ben. I have a feeling he felt more at ease when he wasn't the main character like he is now. This season rests on his shoulders and I think he's a bit boring and withdrawn because he's uncomfortable and unsure in that role.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Oh I agree Babyjax and Brenda... I think Ben has a personality. I really liked him on Ashley's season. I just meant that it is not shown this season. You could be right that he is not as comfortable and the personality has not come out... but I think it is more that the edit just has not shown it. They are using him to introduce scenes as not showing his fun side.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wish they would show more fun stuff. They are so concerned about making it "serious" and "romantic" that I think we miss seeing a lot of personality as a result. The bloopers and fun stuff they show behind the ending credits are a lot of fun and they show more of what the contestants are like. For example, I loved Blakely's stomping. It showed a different side of her.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I could do with a little less "bikini" skiing!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Rats! I wish he would have kept Jennifer.

He "Wishes her all the best." Sort of a cold send off.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I am sort of surprised that he kept Emily. I thought he had a perfect reason to send her packing.

So, Ben and Courtney did skinny dip. She so has him blinded.

I swear if this is another Jake and Vienna ending, I will scream!!

Westtexan

07-16-2004

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Westtexan a private message Print Post    
That was surprising. I thought she was a keeper. Obviously there is so much that we do not see, like his interaction with some of the girls who get no camera time. Perhaps he wants to keep some around he doesn't know as well as Jennifer so he can have a one on one date and better know whether there's anything there or not. She was a beauty though.

And Courtney I have to mute. Ben did say he felt crappy about their intimate time together. Maybe he wants to keep her around a couple of more times so it won't look bad for him to dump her like a one night stand.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I cannot believe Ben sent Jennifer home and kept Emily. I'm beginning to really believe the this show is scripted, I felt it for the last few years, but this season has convinced me. They probably ask Ben who his final 4 will be and the PTB decide who goes home, when, and the way the roses are given out. I, once again, felt it was "The Courtney Show" with all her monologues. If Ben picked her and they are watching it together, he should drop her like a hot potato, or maybe he was in on the editing. Too bad I'm such a romantic at heart or I would be reading a good book.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was very surprised that he sent Jennifer home. I thought he had much more of a connection with her than with some of the other woman that we have barely seen at all with him. Just a mystery and not very satisfying as a viewer. Fortunately, I don't take it too seriously to say the least.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have no doubt that they encourage him to keep around some of the women who are 'dramatic', just to keep the show interesting.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I swear if this is another Jake and Vienna ending, I will scream!!

Me too, Reenie! It sure looks like it's heading in that direction. Ben needs to get a clue.

I was so shocked at the Jennifer eviction. I thought he really liked her.

Mysti

09-28-2005

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysti a private message Print Post    
Dear Ben,

If you chose Courtney run fast and run far!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Elyse was so sad, but she really was quit irritating and kept putting her foot in her mouth, so this wasn't a surprise. I did think Emily may have gone after she just couldn't do what she promised and shut up about Courtney.

He already told her last time they talked he didn't really want to hear it.. and here she went again. And I'm sure she'll be on the committee who just MUST confront him next week as well.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Why did Ben pick up the rose on the one on one date and then say "I can't give this to you."
I would have thought I was getting it if I were her. That was cruel. He could have let the rose lay there while he explained why he wasn't keeping her.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc - I thought the very same thing. He picked it up and ws talking to her with it in his hand. She really thought she was getting it.

Very odd that he would do that.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Who didn't get the rose on the 1:1 date? I missed that bit. I only saw him standing there looking at what was probably a boat coming in to the shore?

I did see he axed Jennifer, who I really thought he'd keep around a while.

There's a couple there I haven't seen him spend much time with. Casey S I think is one.

If he picks Courtney and she turns him down, he's gonna get exactly what he deserves. He's not there for love no matter what he says. And she most certainly isn't.

The previews looked like it may finally NOT be the danged Courtney show! Although I bet he doesn't get rid of her cuz she pulls the pouty face and tells him all the girls are just jealous. Sigh.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Costacat - Elyse was not given the rose on the 1:1 date. You could see he wasn't clicking with her. She was trying to connect, but kept saying things (in her nervousness) that weren't clicking with Ben.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Ok - I'll ask! Since Ben and Courtney swam nude, are we thinking they had sex?