TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 25, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 25, 2012 users admin

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOL

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
During Jennifer's One-On-One, did anyone notice her rose fell apart as they were running down the hill toward's Clay Walker's concert?

She was running, and swinging her left hand (and holding the rose with the same), and I'm sure I saw the rose fall off it's stem. I was watching in On Demand, which doesn't do pause/slow-mo very well. So I rewound and just watched over, and I'm pretty sure that's what I saw.

Next scene is them walking up to the concert through the crowd, and she's carrying an intact rose. So if it did fall apart, they must have had to stop them and give her a new rose to carry around. LOL.

Oh, and I noticed nobody responded to my comment on who I thought Ben reminded me of. Does that mean I'm all wet, and nobody else saw the resemblance? Actually, it's probably cause this is a fast moving thread, and my post archived before anyone could read it. LOL.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
In one of the far shots, there was a girl at the back of the line, with a nice seat, and her off hand hanging quietly, reign hand nicely placed. But I couldn't tell who she was.

As for entering the creek, Ben wasn't riding, the horse was going and he was just sitting on top. Any rider with sense knows that a horse might well try to jump into water, and you have to be in control to make sure that doesn't happen. It's a wonder the horse didn't slip and fall and dump ol' Ben into the drink. LOL

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
That was my fear Kar. When I ride Ruby into the water her first order of business is to splash and paw, then attempt to lay down.

I thought he was going to fall off.

Monica had horses growing up and she can fish. Too bad they didn't let her go on that date.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the reason why I said he was blinded by his male part was because of the two snarky comments last week, that were said right to or near Ben: "what's her butt" and the way she said "good bye, sayonara" and then laughed about it. There is no way Ben missed that.

As for Courtney, every time she says "winning," I want to put my fist thru the TV. And I haven't even watched last night's show, just the end.

As for her marrying Ben and moving to Napa, yeah, that girl is all about furthering her career (whatever the heck it is) and she ain't gonna get that from Napa. Then again, I'm pretty sure her career isn't gonna be much furthered from her appearance on this show. If she has that much attitude, would YOU want to hire her for a shoot? Not unless you're thinking with your male parts!

WRT the roses... I've not watched this show except for this season so far but that's one thing I've noticed... the girls get roses one to two days in advance of the rose ceremony, they are clutched in their hot little hands for the remainder of whatever date, and yet they have lovely pure rose buds in their hands during the ceremony. So I totally figured that whenever a rose started to fall apart or look a bit bedraggled, someone in production replaced that rose right away.

I now think I want to watch the show just to watch (and laugh at) the horseback riding. I'm not a professional, nor do I ride often, but I do know how to ride a horse. And fish. Hell, I outfished almost every man that was on the last overnight deep sea fishing excursion I was on!!! (Of course, I didn't bait my own hooks, but can I help it if the crew was RIGHT THERE helping me get that cute little anchovy on the hook? Huh? Can I? Huh? :-))

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 12:37 pm Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post Did she know he would be the Bachelor when she auditioned?

Lexie, I'm pretty sure that Chris Harrison said (maybe in this weekly blog or a promo if not during the first ep) that all the girls knew it would be Ben.

If I am correct, I think I know the reason why they would know it would be Ben. He is not very charismatic and the producers would probably want to make sure none of the girls would be disappointed.

Escapee, Monica seems great. When she FINALLY was shown on camera having some one on one time with Ben, I was happy and so interested to see their interaction and hoping she would not go home so we could see more of her. But then they didn't even SHOW their conversation! (I saw the link you posted to their conversation that got edited out. I didn't notice what she was wearing though. Was that from last night's ep? By the way, that was nothing to feel we might judge the family harshly :-), imo anyway :-).) Sorry to see her go, but even if you hadn't posted that Ben wasn't her type, it was easy to tell that. He reminds me of Ryan Sutter in a slight way, but even though Ryan seemed more on the quiet side, he had lots of charisma. Ben seems nice enough, but not much charisma at all. (Escapee, I have not yet looked at the 2nd video you posted. Maybe he is not that nice, and maybe not there for the "right" reasons.)

Jimmer, I agree with you about Courtney. Other than the What's Her Butt (I even hate typing that out) comment, he doesn't know about her bad side. Every bachelor they've had always goes for the ones that show the most interest in them. They all love it. Why don't the women just know to show interest and the more the better? (are they just insecure women mostly chosen for all these season? shy due to the camera? just never care that much for the guy? do they know to show attention to a guy in a real life setting? Well, I guess in RL, they aren't competing with all these other women.)

I guess it just kind of bugs that we rarely see any of the girls doing what they need to do to get the guy on any season. Do they not watch the show?

I will say though that I can't stand Courtney. I don't think she's all that pretty. Even if she had a fabulous personality, I wouldn't think she was all that. I do think the fact that she is a model is influencing Ben. And I don't like that about him. And I wouldn't like that about him, even if she was nice.

I agree with whoever (AuntiMike?) posted that she is immature. Definitely.

I had an ok opinion of Ben and it improved last night with him being honest with the girls. However, seeing the previews of him skinny dipping make me lose a lot of respect for him...or... if that is what he does next week, I will lose respect for him. Maybe it's an editing trick. They've done it to us before. It could be some other girl and just looks like Courtney? And it could be from one of the end fantasy dates? I hope. Or maybe they aren't really naked? I hope.

I can't hold out too much hope though after reading that Ben has bragged about the nudity this season.

Did anyone see Ben on Kimmel last night? Chris H. on GMA this morning?}

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I wish there was at least one other woman willing to "fight" for him like Courtney is and give her a run for her money! They don't like her and what she does but noone challenges her either. they could interrupt her as much as she interrupts them when they are with him. They need to get more aggressive.

I think Ben likes it when women are "strong" and make it easier by showing their interest in him. I think the ego of most men would appreciate a woman who was so blatant in their interest in them. However, I don't think he knows what behavior/character qualities are lasting and good and which ones are minipulative and shallow. He'll figure it out eventually.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Exactly. I don't know what leads people to go on a show like this but whatever it is it is useless for the other women to just sit there complaining about Courtney. When there is an opportunity to be with Ben and make a positive impression Courtney takes that opportunity. I don't know what the other women expect.

And yes Courtney appears to be a miserable self-centered person and generally very unlikable but other than that one spark about Shawntel she has been able to keep that under wraps from Ben.

I'm also a little mystified by the producers. It certainly appears at this point that Courtney is the one to beat and yet the producers are portraying her in a very negative way to say the least. I can't see how they think this will be an enjoyable viewing experience if she somehow ended up as Ben's choice.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Escapee pls tell Monica she was lucky to leave when she did. She deserves so much better than that person!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised that Blakely isn't stepping up. AT first she seemed aggressive, like she might turn out to be the villian, but she seems to have settled into the background.

I agree they are painting Courtney in a bad light, but maybe she's not giving them anything good! And maybe she is the evil villian and breaks his heart. OR maybe at the last minute he chooses someone else and we'll be so happy he didn't choose Courtney. They didn't try to paint Vienna in a good light when old Jake chose her.

I can't fault a guy for skinny dipping. Seriously, what guy is going to say 'no' as they girl is tearing her clothes off??!! Some of the other girls should have dropped their clothes and ran in to join them. LOL.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think they just should have joined them, with clothes on if that is more comfortable. Not everyone has to stoop to Courtney's tactics.

I, too, am surprised that we haven't seen more aggression from Blakely. I thought she would right up there with Courtney in vying for his attention.

Maybe Courtney already has her eye on being a future Bachelorette!!!! Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Oh, I was thinking they were on a one on one date when they go skinny dipping. If it is a group date and the other women are right there and know about it as it happens, I won't lose as much respect for him. (as if it matters whether I respect him or not, lol) although it did look as if they are totally nude and embracing. I still think the producers may be misleading us with that scene.

Who, I have been watching parenthood lately, and Dax Shepherd and Ben don't remind me of each other except for the hair. I've only seen that actor as Crosby and it could be that crosby doesnt remind me of Ben.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/24/chris-harrison-the-bachelor-episode-4-blog-2/

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 4
by Chris Harrison
"This week’s road trip took us to the home of Michelle Money and Bentley: Park City, Utah. We stayed at the Canyons resort, which has a beautiful Waldorf Astoria hotel and spa. If you get the opportunity, it’s well worth checking out this property, and Park City itself is incredible, especially the time of year we were there. As you could see, the trees had just changed and the scenery was breathtaking. ..."

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This is a very funny blog about The Bachelor including a lot of funny pictures and captions. I think it is by Ashley who was in Brad's season (not the one that ended up with JP - the other one).

http://saynotocosmo.com/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL - Jimmer ... that blog was pretty humorous.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I loved her captions.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - The captions are great. I love the picture of Ben on the horse.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
The captions are great Jimmer~! The picture of Ben on the horse is really hilarious!

I really need to wean myself off of this show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I had to go look at the pictures from Brad's season to see if I could remember who this Ashley was. When I saw her picture, I realized she is the one that I thought would go further than she did. If I remember correctly, she may have gotten the first impression rose, or maybe one of the first one-on-one dates. I liked her and thought she would go far. I know I was pretty shocked when she was eliminated.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I FF'd thru most of the show (watched bits last night). Mostly I wanted to watch the horseback riding and fishing bits. Ben's face as his horse bolted into the crick was HILARIOUS!!! I wish I had a pause 'n zoom at that moment!

And can someone explain to me why Emily went off on Courtney to Casey S (or whatever her name is the one who is buddy with Courtney)?

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Ben is going to be on Ellen today.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I saw Chris H. on GMA, nothing exciting to report. They showed a preview for next week. (Probably the same preview they showed on Mon night's show.) It totally looks like Ben and Courtney are completely alone skinny dipping. And embracing in the water while naked. If he doesn't pick her, how the heck is he going to explain THAT to the one he does pick!

I could not find anything for Ben being on Kimmel the other night. I think maybe Kimmel just showed a clip of the show.

Jimmer, that is a funny blog you found!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I wonder what Ben has been thinking as he's been watching the show. If he IS watching. I mean, Courtney's admission of how she played him last night hopefully makes him sit up and think, if he chose her.

What I suspect will happen is it'll come to Courtney and Kacey B and he'll choose to propose to Courtney and she'll turn him down flatter 'n a pancake. So again, finding true love? #FAIL

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't think Ben will propose anything other than "let's get to know each other without cameras around".

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I don't think Ben can even propose that. I think he'd need writers to write him the script to propose that! :-)