TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 24, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 24, 2012 users admin

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
I do not like Courtney. She makes the show hard to watch. To me it is pretty clear Ben wants Courtney. He can not keep his hands off of her. When he is kissing other girls it is just kissing, with Courtney the hands are busy. If he is with Courtney now the relationship will be over before the Final Rose Show.

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
Meet the next Bachelorette

Emily Maynard will be looking for love on the next season of The Bachelorette

This is on ABC.COM

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
My theory is that the audience ABC gets for these shows are mostly female. Afterall, aren't we always tuned in more to "love"? If that's the case then they need to cast the show with people we'd care to watch

I don't find Emily particularly appealing. Sure, she has a "sob" story but I can't imagine why she can't fine someone on her own, unless there are many, many unresolved issues. If that is the case being on this show is not going to clear those up for her.

I also don't care to watch blah men like Ben, nor manipulative snarky women like Courtney. I may just quit watching altogether. How many other viewers/females feel the same way?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I will never quit watching --- I can't pass up a good train wreck.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Honestly, from the previews - if Ben went skinny dipping with Courtney, all the other women should just walk.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
(Emily M. reminds me of Linda Evans playing Audra on Big Valley)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It has morphed in a downhill way but then there was not much success before or after, in terms of the stated goal of "finding love".

Courtney is a piece of work but some others are indeed so wrapped up in "warning" Ben and spending so much energy gossiping about Courtney when I bet they wish they had her chutzpah.. I mean the blonde who just HAD to tell Ben.. she hinted at it, he basically told her NOT to name a name and she just had to make it obvious.

And the woman he sent home right from the group date had the conversational pizazz of a sea cucumber.

Oh and the women whining that Courtney caught a FISH... other than the one who followed the leader to that area, most of the whiners were shown holding wine glasses in one hand and sort of limply holding the fly rod in the other. Don't complain about Courtney catching a fish whey you aren't fishing.

Some simply have no chemistry with him, or he with them, some are terrible conversationalists, or waste the time they get whining...

Poor Monica cannot get camera time any way, but maybe that was a blessing for her, to get out of there.

But I think Mike Fleiss should take a chance, do some real searching and interviewing and bring in new blood instead of just recycling people from one show to another.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I kind of agree with Sea. There are many things about Courtney that are unappealing (that the viewers are getting to see rather than Ben) but she is putting herself out there and going for him in a big way. She is making it obvious and Ben sees that she appears interested in him. Whereas, for example, the woman on the second date (I think it was the second date) was so reserved at first. She kept telling us (the viewers) things that she should have been telling Ben. So Courtney is frustrating to watch but in an odd way so are some of the other women there. If they care so much about Ben then for goodness sake tell him and do something about it!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
They don't care about Ben. They are not there for love.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
When Chris announced it was time for the RC, I said to myself "I didn't see Ben mingling with the women before the RC." As I said earlier, it was all Courtney.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Courtney is all about winning this "game" and nothing else. Ben totally deserves what he gets if he is so blinded by her "modeling career" that he can't see past his own penis.

Auntie, I've not been a fan of this show for many years now, so I have no clue who Ben was nor do I know who Emily is. But that said, this season was promoted so heavily that I decided to tune in to see what it was about, and then when I learned about Monica's relationship to our very own Escapee, I thought I'd watch.

OK, I'm pretty much done. I suspect that Courtney will be there till the end and I have no interest in watching a snarky witch play a game. And because this really IS a joke and no one is going to find "love" (especially and including Ben), then I'm out.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
At the time, Ben hadn't had access to any of Courtney's snarky comments and he knew practically nothing about her negative interaction with the other women (which was always pleasant and positive when he was present). What he has heard is some snarky comments about Courtney from another woman who could well have had her own jealous reasons for disliking her (we may know better but Ben has no way to know). So how has Ben blinded himself and can't see past his own penis? All he has seen is an attractive woman who appears to be very interested in him and seems willing to make an effort to do something about it (more than most of the other women there). Why shouldn't he show more interest in her?

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Jimmer said penis!!!!!!!!

(yes, I'm 12 LOL)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - I'll agree with Scooter.

Let me add that if I was Ben, based on what he has seen, I would have been very attracted to Courtney as well. He would be crazy not to be.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
HEY!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think that Ben would be more savvy, having been on the other side of it. You would think he would realize that sometimes the potential mates are acting, and not as they seem. And therefore, be a little more suspicious when someone brings something to him.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
and FWIW, the guy can't ride either. He held onto that saddle horn like a greenhorn the entire time.

It's all fake.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I don't see Courtney as pretty. She seems average at best. And her face doesn't move. I don't just don't see it. Kacie B, I see it, Lyndzi, I see it...

And we about died when he was riding the horse. NOT a horseman. You step carefully into rocky water, you don't go balls out and almost topple off your horse. Dummy. His heels were up, toes down, hands were held up high. JUST BAD (as were all the girls, I didn't see Lyndzi) God, we are such critics.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I get your points Jimmer. Its the same as on past seasons.. These guys aren't seeing what we're seeing...but Man, oh man, would I love to be watching this unfold in the same room as Ben. He's being taken by an immature witch. She doesn't have any girlfriends for a reason!!! I want to feel bad for him but some for reason, I just can't. The way she worked for that rose..ugh!! WINNING!! I despise Courtney so much but shes the main reason I'm still watching...I'm hoping to see her downfall.. Chris Harrison says she gets worse next show and even worse after that... train-wreck!!

Emily so should have taken Monicas advice... Keep it to yourself and do your own thing, he'll see Courtney for who she really is soon enough.

So sad to see Monica leave. I didn't get the impression her tears were for Ben at all. I knew when they didn't show any of her alone time with him that she was gone...but I was hoping down to the last second that I was wrong. She has a great sense of humour and a great laugh... She seemed very genuine and nurturing to the other girls.

I thought Blakleys slapping dance thing at the end was pretty funny. I like seeing the girls like that..

Sportygirl

06-14-2005

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportygirl a private message Print Post    
Ben did hear Courtney say some snarky things last week during and after the rose ceremony. When he called her name to give her a rose she called Shawntel "what's her butt" and she also said something when people were saying their goodbyes but I can't remember what.

I am really hoping that The Bachelor comes up with a new twist like Survivor did with redemption island. I would really like the Bachelor/Bachelorette to see the confessionals and behind the scenes footage with out the contestants knowing this so he truly gets to see their personality. Too bad it didn't start this season so he could see what Courtney is like.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh how could I forget the "what's her butt" line. That would have been a big flag and turn off to me. Also, Kar makes a good point about Ben knowing from past experience that all isn't always what it seems.

Even so, I wish that the other women would be more forward themselves instead of sitting back and complaining about Courtney. Regardless of whatever reason they are there (love, Ben, winning, a fun vacation, exposure, etc.) there is no point in them sitting there whining about her.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Me thinks Ben sees what he wants to see and hears what he wants to hear.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Yeah, if Ben and Courtney are skinny dipping, well then that's it for the other ladies. Courtney wins.

Courtney probably doesn't even like Ben - she just wants to win. Would she be happy in "wine country". I don't know.

As far as Emily as the next Bachelorette goes, she never appealed to me either. IMO, she is beholdin' to her deceased's boyfriend's wealthy family and unless someone can top that family, she will not leave her current situation.

I wonder why Emily has stayed single anyway. She's a pretty lady. Something funny about that too. Why go back on TV? Oooops, I just answered my own question. To go on TV!

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
Doesn't anyone want to kick her every time she says "winning"? (like Charlie Sheen),

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Anyone who says that, I want to kick. In the face, with a chair.