TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 23, 2012 users admin

Muffin

08-29-2007

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Where does Ben live? Last week he was hoping they would fall in love with Sonoma and then this week he was hoping they would love San Fransosco for the same reason?
If Shawntel was so sure that she had a connection with Ben, then why weren't they dating and together before the show? Stupid waste of our time watching her come in.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I gather that Ben grew up in Sonoma and has his business there, but he now lives in San Francisco. Sonoma's only about an hour or so outside of SF, so it's an easy commute, unless it's rush hour and then not so easy. A lot of people live out there and commute in.

I'm convinced the producers encouraged Shawntel to drive in from Chico (about a three hour drive) just for the drama. They got their desired result. Thought it was hilarious. Wonder what Ben thought when he heard some of the "ladies'" comments on TV.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Mods, can you pls resize the picture? Thanks!

As for Ben, he DID say he lived in Sonoma (Sonoma is home) and then he said the same thing about the city, so... Again, the man needs better script writers! :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought they said Shawntel drove all day to get to her beloved Ben.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Many people live in both Sonoma and San francisco. Though it is more common for them to work in San Francisco and weekend in Sonoma. I am not sure how much Ben actually works the land... so I bet he is in SF for most of the week and goes home to his family on weekends or once a month.

I actually laughed when he said that he has been everywhere in SF and knows it so well. Now he grew up in Sonoma then went to school in ... did he say Arizona?? (where he wasted his time) ... so he has only been in SF for a few years maybe...Sorry I have been here most all of my life and there are still many undiscovered things to do.

Oh yah... how many times do you think Ben F. has been to the Tonga room??

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
ROFL!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, Yahoo Maps shows the drive from Chico to San Francisco to be 2 hours and 53 mins. It would only take her all day if she stopped at the outlet stores in Vacaville and spent a few hours shopping.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Good, I'm glad she didn't waste any more time than that on Ben.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So is she working in the funeral business in Chico??

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Here she is:

http://www.nbcfh.com/staff.php

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Ben went to H.S. in Tucson AZ.. played soccer for the Catalina Foothill's Falcons (the H.S. my son went to .. a few years after Ben) .. I figured that if he went to the grad night party .. I probably saw him (since I volunteered at the all night party..might have been the year I was still on as photographer).. I didn't hear that he "wasted his time" in AZ .. But I can understand why he calls Sonoma/San Fransisco home vs. Tucson...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jimmer.. quite a smiley bunch at that place.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - It did strike me that they all look quite euphoric. I'm not sure they should look glum but they almost look a little too eager and happy. Shawntel especially looks more like she is posing for a hot fashion photo.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
It just seems to be all about the drama - to the ridiculous level - imho -

I just dont take the women and their words serious - and Ben does seem to be more about following the script doesnt he - oh, but dont get me wrong - LOL I am watching - just not sitting through, doing a lot of flipping, ff!

wonder why Shawntel - - oh, never mind, its the same with all the women!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, can you fix the sentence elongation problem. It is hard to read the posts. Thank you in advance.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Now it looks better. Did you do something to fix it? Thank you.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Thanks for fixing the sizing issue Jimmer.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One of the other friendly Mods archived the post. :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yea humble mod! Thank you.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Folks earlier in the thread were saying who they thought Ben looked like, and I never quite got my take on it in before the discussion archived.

To me, he looks like Dax Shepard, who plays Crosby on Parenthood. See HERE.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Needmylifeback... I only said that he "wasted his time" in Arizona because I thought that is what he said when he was on his date with ...was it Courtney?? I thought it was a very odd think for him to say and he was kinda fumbling his words but I understood him to be saying he had just graduated and spent a time partying and whatnot. It struck me as an odd thing to say to a girl during a first date.

I didn't mean... nor do I think he meant... anything against Arizona. Just the way he chose to not do anything with himself during his time after college.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
http://thebachelor.warnerbros.com/video/too-much-information/#comments

Try not to judge the family too harshly. This is the house my husband grew up in, sadly. I never met Monica's real mom (she has a different mom than my DH), but heard many stories about her craziness and how awful she was to the 4 kids.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yowser. The fact that she is part of your family really brings home the idea that there are real people on these shows and not always people playing a character. So her description of her family life was accurate? I can't imagine what Ben was thinking when she told him.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Completely 100% accurate. I was there for the gifting of the peppermill, we all laughed. If you can't laugh at yourself, well? The incident with the peppermill happened when DH was about 12. Long before I knew him. We both grew up in pretty dysfunctional homes. Monica is close to FIL because he's really the only parent she has. Her mom is still a little cuckoo and they don't have much if any contact. I don't even remember if she was at Monica's wedding. I was there, though.....maybe I have met her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I absolutely love Monica and it kind of pisses me off that she got such a bum edit the first episode. I'm going to miss her when she's gone.