TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 18, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Brenda, it's a bucket list. Honda has created the phrase "leap list" and if you google it, it directs you to their site, where you can create the list of things you want to do in 2012 IN THEIR CRV! Clever? Nah, I don't agree. Stoopid, yes, I'll agree to that!

Sam

05-02-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sam a private message Print Post    
Notwithstanding Honda's invention of the term, Ben explained that it was a list of things you want to accomplish prior to your next life milestone. Not a bucket list.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Costa, I'm not following you. A bucket list is what you want to do before you die (just hopefully not in a 2012 Honda CRV).

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Ben explained it as Honda's definition. Technically, Honda appropriated and renamed bucket list and made it sound like their own thing. It's really a bucket list, whether it's something done in 2012 or before you die.

2012 is not a "next life milestone." It's the current year. Unless you qualify getting thru 2012 as a milestone.

And honestly, how the hell do you use a Honda to ski down a road in San Francisco? It's all just marketing bullshtuff.

It's a bucket list. Pure and simple. It's a bucket list of things to do in 2012.

Sam

05-02-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sam a private message Print Post    
A bucket list is a list of things to do before you die, not a list of things to do in a Honda or in 2012, unless you plan to die in 2012 in a Honda.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
ROTFL - If Honda's strategy was to get people talking about doing things in a Honda (CRV) then it seems to have been a clear success.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well then, Honda and Ben are idiots.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Things I would do in a CRV:

1. Small SUV Demolition Derby
2. Small SUV Mud Bog (they have 4 wheel drive, right?)
3. Railroad track jumping
4. Be a part of a monster truck rally as one of the jumpee cars...
5. Strap a deer to the hood after a good hunt and cruise through town with as many eco-friendly and liberal bumper stickers as I could find.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I would say it's a complete failure becuase I didn't get that the leap list was something you're supposed to do in your Honda, just that it was things you're supposed to do before your next milestone (like getting married, having kids, or I guess dying if that's up next for you).
I pretty much ignore the product placement. We are all partly to blame for it because we DVR and then fast forward through the commercials!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL... to No. 5 on Escapee's list.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
You've all cracked me up!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Perhaps it's a Leap List because 2012 is a Leap Year? Just occurred to me . . .

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This is what SF City Hall looks like this week. Go, Niners!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: