TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Brad (Again.): Archive through July 21, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Compared to Ashley, Emily just seems kind of worn out and monotone. Terrible choice. As I have said, this group of shows is getting to be too incestuous..

Zboss13

07-10-2011

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zboss13 a private message Print Post    
I new Brad was messing up when he picked her over Chantel...he would have been much better off with her and she was a lot more fun as well. Just my openion...sorry.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
"you know"...Sea, you may be right... "you know" ...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You know, I agree about Chantal. Thankfully for her she found her own fiance and is escaping from this franchise.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Emily just seems to be very needy.

The only thing I could glean from that interview was that she wanted things to be 'more certain', before she moved permanently to Austin. I'm guessing that meant that she wanted to get married first, and Brad wanted a longer engagement? Just speculating....

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20509481,00.html

The Bachelorette
Why Bachelor Brad Shunned the TV Cameras
By Monica Rizzo
Update Tuesday July 12, 2011 09:50 AM EDT Originally posted Tuesday July 12, 2011 07:50 AM EDT

"Emotions ran high on The Bachelorette Monday night as host Chris Harrison interviewed Emily Maynard, the single mom from Charlotte, N.C. who spoke openly about her recent split from Bachelor Brad Womack. ..."

Some excerpts:

"Why didn't he show? "I think it was too hard for him," Maynard tells PEOPLE."

" "He wants privacy just as much as I do. The only reason [I did it] is because I don't want people following me anymore. I have a daughter I have to protect," Maynard says.

"That was my main reason for coming here. If I didn't have that I would have just let it ride and never been on TV again."

<fixed link>

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Wow, I am so glad I'm not alone in how I felt about Emily and the interview. I felt she was so fake. I liked her during her season, but had red flags go up when I saw her and Brad interviewed back when their season was over. She came acrss as very controlling to me, in that interview--something I didn't pick up about her during their season. When I heard her say she didn't like the cameras and has to protect her daughter, I wondered why the heck she would be considered to be the next bachelorette. Or, why she would even consider it.

Ann

09-27-2005

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Happymom, the link doesn't work.

Alliet

07-11-2005

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else think she'd had a lot of Botox before this interview? Her face looked really immobile. Why would a 25 year old woman (I think that's her age) want to get her face paralyzed (or any woman, for that matter LOL)?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Emily reminds me a bit of some pageant queens. Sort of a permanently frozen smile.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Didn't she say at one point that both her and Brad agreed not to talk about it with the media? At least, he stuck to his guns. Yes, I think she's being groomed as the next bachelorette. Although, after seeing the interview, I prefer Ashley. She seems more real, or as real as you can be in this situation.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Heck, I think someone needs to set her up with a blind date - Bentley - and they can ride off in the sunset together. He's just as shallow as she is.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have said many times that I thought Emily was "high maintenance" and I have been reamed for it too by those that thought she was "America's sweetheart."

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I thought Emily's horrid hair extensions gave Rachel's a run for the money.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
"You Know", if she didn't do this interview she couldn't be on TV.. BINGO!! And Oh does she want to be on TV!!!

And certainly she had to do THIS interview to get that next gig on TV.. Bachelorette. Pfft!

Hmm I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong but just knew that Ashley seems so fresh and alive and something about Emily read, more dead and older or tired or? But Botox and bad extensions could certainly contribute.

I'd have been MUCH more happy if they had used those last minutes for more outtakes from THIS season, like that one with the dog peeing on the lantern!! Now, that was funny!

I'd say it was a new low in "emotions running high".

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Ann, thanks. I knew it probably wouldn't. If you (or anyone else) wants to read it, you can probably find it by typing the article name into the search window at people.com.

Ann

09-27-2005

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
"Hmm I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong but just knew that Ashley seems so fresh and alive and something about Emily read, more dead and older or tired or? But Botox and bad extensions could certainly contribute."

What I noticed is that she also seemed to have new veneers, as her upper teeth appeared bigger and were slightly more protruding then previously.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Someone commenting on Chris' blog mentioned spider fake eyelashes.. probably didn't help.

Atcaroline

08-13-2007

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Atcaroline a private message Print Post    
Maybe someone already speculated this here but I sense the issues between them has to do with her daughter. Either Brad didn't think he could handle it long term or Em thought he would be to intense -- or maybe her daughter wasn't totally enamored with him...

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, July 15, 2011 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Please tell me she will not be the next B'lette........I hope not.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Friday, July 15, 2011 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
According to her bud Ashley Spivey, she does NOT want to be the next bachelorette. I so hope this is true.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Think we could get Brad back for third time?? The Bachelor Brad Again Again season?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Bachelor Brad????? Don't you mean Bachelor Bad!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I had to read your comment several times before I got what you were saying. My brain kept telling me it said, "Bachelor Pad."

I totally lost all respect for Brad after that final interview with Chris Harrison. There was just no need for him to be so nasty with Vienna. As bad as she might have been, it really made him look awful the way he yelled at her. What a jerk!