TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 18, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Ben kept saying things about Courtney being a model. By the third time he said it I figured she'd be there for the long haul. I don't know why he's so taken with her "profession."

Is this show always such a train wreck? The outright rudeness that Courtney exhibited. The catty and rude way the women handled Shawntel. The whining how it wasn't fair (some of those women hadn't even had a 1:1 yet, so how could THEY be all in love?). And then I got the impression that Shawntel had talked to Ben on the phone. Um, yeah, REALLY good connection when you talk to someone ON THE PHONE a couple of times!

What a train wreck.

And I hope Monica stays!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Maybe it was the editing but it looked like Shawntel just swept on by the women without even glancing at them and went directly to Ben.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I have to agree with just about everything you said. The attitudes of the "ladies" really came out last night, and I was also stunned that Courtney called Shawntel "what's her butt" to Ben's face. Really ugly! Wonder what Ben thinks of her now that he's seen more of her on TV. I can't think she gets the final rose. They wouldn't be showing all this nastiness on TV.

I have to say I REALLY wanted to see Ben give Shawntel a rose, just to see some heads explode. All of them whining, "It's not fair!" and "She doesn't know him!" was just too much. And then when the one girl was saying, "You don't bring people back on this show!" I almost choked. Really? This show is all about bringing people back, "You watched him/her get his/her heart broken on [Blank]'s season. Now watch him/her find love again!"

I think it was Elyse. She was just pissed off cause Shawntel came up and interrupted their talk that was going "so well."

It happens every season. We start out liking the guy and end up despising him by the end of the season (remember Bachelor Bob???). I think the producers love manipulating us that way. And you know they were the ones who talked Shawntel into coming back. Do they really expect us to believe that anybody just calls Chris Harrison? Is he listed in the phone book or something? Seriously.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
A little part of me was also hoping Shawntel would get a rose, too! For exactly the same reasons! :-)

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Shawntel coming back was not unlike Mary coming back on Byron's season. Didn't she enter around week 3? (but I believe she was given an automatic pass the 1st rose ceremony.)

I agree with Jimmer.... this is supposedly to find love so I did not like the girls' or Bens statement that "it's not fair".

Could Courtney come off any worse? Oh my what can Ben be thinking as he watches this?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Courtney = Katie Holmes perhaps? I got that elsewhere.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ohhhh... maybe so Ketchup. I think you are right. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out who she looked like, but then again I haven't seen any of Katie's movies since she married Tom Cruise. That marriage still freaks me out.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Good point Bonbon. I had forgotten about that and don't remember the details. Didn't two women come back and he kept one and sent one packing? I really can't remember. I don't recall the ladies throwing a big nasty hissy fit, at least not anything like this.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I think she sorta looks like Rachel Weisz, but without class or tact.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think Courtney looks like Courtney Cox.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I still think Courtney looks like a young Jackie Kennedy.....

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Back to the episode... I thought the bikini skiing was silly.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But then there is so much that looks silly on this show.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
And furthermore, has anyone ever heard of the term "leap list"?

Before the show I have never heard of it. Just wondering if I have just been out of the loop on this term.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reenie, I recorded the show and haven't watched it yet. What is "leap list?"

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I assumed he meant "bucket list" but yeah, I've never heard of a "leap list."

And... for pete's sake. I just googled it and you know what it is? A list of things you want to do in 2012 IN A HONDA CRV!!!! Talk about freakin' blatant advertising! (And no, I didn't click the link so Honda would get credit for the search!)

So if there EVER was a question as to how much this show is scripted, you just got your answer!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah... after watching the show from Monday, I forgot to mention that Ben just doesn't have much personality does he? He says the same thing over and over... I think I can find love, I learned a lot when my proposal got rejected, blah blah blah. Every week, the same thing. Different girl maybe, but same thing. Dude needs to learn some personality or something!

Or get better script writers!

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
LOL... leap list. Never heard of it.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Scripted Yah... and what about seeing the girls photo's in the car. ""Oh that is just one of the many features of this car. You can set your wallpaper" ... product placement.

Now I understand that many shows have the need for product placement... but I laugh when we are expected to think that the lead just happened to say that.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I understand product placement too. BUT, they all acted as if they all have used the term "leap list" for years. How did they all use the term with a straight face knowing they had never heard of it before? Good grief!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I missed the phrase all together. Shows you how much "product placement" affects me!

This show is incredibly boring this season. The sooner it is over the better.

I just wish, once again, that they would quit recycling contestants. I'd love some fresh faces and personalities to "get to know" during this process. I don't for a minute believe that Ben will find "love" and that Courtney (and probably others) are in it for the right reasons. Gosh, I'm getting tired of this show!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Blatant product placement (i.e. "let's go get in our Honda CRV's") I'm used to. But that "leap list" thing? And how many times did he say it? Three or four?

Ben will never find love. He's not real and sincere (unlike what almost every woman except what's her name who walked out thinks). Courtney is fake fake FAKE and I'm really not sure how she thinks she'll further her career. Unless she wants to show she can "act" being a mean girl (when we all know that's her real personality and she's acting when she's with Ben).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Courtney reminds me of Jill Hennessy (Crossing Jordan and Law & Order). Only Jill has more class. Courtney is really immature and shallow. I'd love to hear what Ben has to say about her after watching her behavior in the confessionals and with the other women. Not at all attractive!

The thing I liked about Ben with Ashley is that he's very playful and funny. I think he hasn't found that comfort zone with any of the women yet. We may see it as he gets more comfortable.

About the wallpaper thingy in the Honda CRV's. I thought it was funny when Rachel's picture was up and then he changed it to Blakely. One of the women said, "I'd rather see Rachel's picture." LOL.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Auntiemike, I was reading an interview by Mike Fleiss a few weeks ago and he said they will NEVER again cast another new bachelor/ette and that all bachelor/ettes will continue to be recycled.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I can understand why they'd recycle the players -- once they know them, can see them on camera, can see how the public reacts to them, they have an idea of how they'd be in the leading role.

I had never heard of a leap list either. I figured it was some new 20-something term. Isn't it supposed to be a list of the things you want to do before you settle down into your adult life (marriage, kids, etc.) Honda really made that up? LOL. It's kind of clever really.