TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 17, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 17, 2012 users admin

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Shawntel came back. He sent her packing. Erica and Jaclyn also went home. Erica passed out at the rose ceremony.

Alittlebirdie

09-08-2006

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alittlebirdie a private message Print Post    
What happened???

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
The girls did not handle the arrival of Shawntel well at all, and Courtney should be cast in the next edition of Mean Girls. It's hard to watch this season because clearly Ben is into Courtney. I don't know if I can see this one through.

Alittlebirdie

09-08-2006

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alittlebirdie a private message Print Post    
Passed out? From nerves? Who got the one on one and did he give her a rose?

Alittlebirdie

09-08-2006

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alittlebirdie a private message Print Post    
lol tresbien!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Tresbien - ITA! Courtney is a <99> for sure and Ben seems to like her. UGH.

I hope this doesn't turn into a "Jake/Vienna" thing where everyone but Ben knows she's a creep.

Alittlebirdie - yes, everyone was freaking out because Shawntel came back. He did not give out the final rose and let all three go home. Jaclyn was in tears, Shawntel was shocked and Erica wasn't happy.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Ben had a 1on1 with Emily. They walked on top of the bridge in San Francisco, then dinner. It was a good date and she got a rose. Brittney got the second 1on1 and had mixed feelings and decided to leave before the date. On the group date everyone went except Courtney, Jennifer, and Lindzi C. Ben decided to go on the 1on1 date with Lindzi C since Brittney left. Rachel got the GD rose. The rose ceremony was a circus. Shawntel came back, she's the undertaker fron Brad's season. All the girls were upset because she was part of the RC. The roses went to Courtney, Kacie B, Elyse, Jamie, Jennifer, Casey S, Blakely, Monica, Nicki, and Samantha. Ben had one rose left, Erika passed out, Ben decided not to give out the last rose. Jaclyn went into the bathroom crying, Erika just went home, and Shawntel just went. What a disaster this season is, a real farce. Where did they get these girls? Courtney is really, really mean and coy....she was going to leave if Shawntel got a rose. Oh, he told Jennifer, she was the best kisser.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Good summary. I agree that this season is a farce. Some of these women that Ben seems so taken with are really mean and self-centered. I can't see how they are going to pull anything out this mess.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I don't know what's worse: Courtney playing Ben or Ben allowing her to play him. She is so shallow and insincere and I am amaze he doesn't see that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did think it was right that he still sent home two of them, along WITH Shawntel.. clearly he knew he wasn't interested in either of them, at least.

Not sure Courtney is shallow, but she is or seems to be purposely unpolished and unpleasant.

If Shawntel was so sure Ben was for her, why didn't she just meet up with him months ago? I had liked her previously but she was so insecure and overly confident all at once, yikes!

Of course maybe they are setting us up for this season to be unsucessful and then for Ben and Shawntel to get together? Somehow it doesn't work since each of them is pretty tied to a job in a specific place.

However I had to laugh when they blamed everything, including dropping to the floor in a faint, on Shawntel.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Regardless of what happened, I'm sick and tired of the new "twists" the Bachelor has been doing. Letting contestants come back after they left and this time letting someone from a different season come after they have begun the process is a bunch of crap if you ask me. We won't even go into them recycling bachelors & bachelorettes. If they only did it once in a while it wouldn't be so bad, but bring back Brad had to be the worst. I'm sure there's plenty of new people they could cast.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 3:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Yup, the part of Shawntel coming back was ridiculous. If they knew each other before, and nothing materialized, then why would it now?? Didn't make sense to me. Courtney appears to be there for face time only. I really like Emily, she seems the most real to me.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i think Shawntel will be the new bachelorette....'she put her out there for love....' (well, after Emily)
cracked me up that they kept saying she didn't know Ben...uh, like they did??? sounded like they had talked on the phone prior to the show.
i was stunned at how crude Courtney was about Shawntell, especially in front of Ben "what's her butt"

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Shawntel's stupid phone conversations with Chris as she drove in were unnecessary.

Actually, Shawntel's whole trip to visit Ben was unnecessary.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like Shawntel. She seemed very sincere on Brad's season and the most willing to compromise and change to make it work. IMO the comments from some of the other women about her appearance on the show being unfair don't make a lot of sense to me. We're supposedly talking about finding a relationship and love here - not a sports event with rules for fair play. At that point they had all known Ben for a very short time. I'm sure they have all been in other relationships (LOL - Ben certainly has). Their nasty comments were very distasteful and made them very unlikeable to me.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't think the women treated Shawntel well but in their defense she could have possibly taken a rose that one of them could have had.

She was ok on her season, but last night she just stood there pouting as the roses were given out.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was appalled at how all the women reacted toward Chantal. I can understand their frustration at her waltzing in after 3 weeks and expecting to stay, but their venom should have been directed at the producers of the show for this curve ball, not at Chantal. I think it really showed women in a bad light. Catty, mean, rude, etc.

And poor Ben is going to be another Bachelor many adored and then most will hate by season's end. Courtney can even say rude things aloud to him, and to Chantal as she's leaving, and he doesn't see it. And Courtney's mouth, and now her eyebrows, are driving me batty!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. The "What's her butt?" reference was nasty and antagonistic as well as unnecessary. If I were Ben I would have taken the rose back right there. Anyone who is that jealous, ugly and needy after that short a time will only get worse as time passes. And the other woman fainting. Sheesh!

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I said exactly the same thing to my wife Jimmer. It would have been an "Excuse me....I think I'll take that rose back.".

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
Well said Jimmer. I think as soon as he saw Courtney and she said she was a model, that was it for him. I was shocked she didn't get the first impression rose as I think she'll get all of the others.

This is a level of unkindness I don't care to watch. :-( I hereby reclaim my Monday nights. lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
For the life of me, I can't think of the name of the actress that Courtney reminds me of.

Courtney probably learned during Michelle Money's season with Brad that the crazier confessionals you give, the more camera time you get.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Other than the first episode, I feel like Monica is getting no camera time. We haven't been able to get to know her at all.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Yeah, and I think she goes home next week, too. It's too bad, because Monica is the funniest, most genuine person there. It's too bad that the rest of America doesn't get to see why we love her so dang much!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think at this point Monica is just a placeholder. She isn't generating much drama and her interest in Ben and Ben's interest in her appears minimal. It's too bad we didn't get to see more of her because with the right guy she probably would have been a lot of fun but you can't produce sparks where none exist.

I find it interesting how little Ben seems to care about how the women treat each other. Surely he has some information on that coming back to him. They have even shown them saying some things to him about it. Maybe it boosts his ego to think they are fighting over him and acting miserable or he just doesn't care but that sort of thing won't be good for a relationship in the long run.

But then despite his protestations to the contrary, maybe Ben just doesn't care at all about finding anything long-term. They sort of go through the motions more or less every season but this season seems particularly bad for that. Maybe that is why ratings are down?

By the way, Trista Sutter is tweeting about the show and she sure doesn't like the way that Courtney and some of the women treated Shawntel!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I don't think he's her type. Her last boyfriend was so opposite of Ben.