TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 16, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 16, 2012 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I just checked out the Cheese Factory's website - I'm going out on a limb and say that is not where we ate.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
When I went to Sonoma I ate outside at a restaurant with good sandwiches and you went through the restaurant to sit outside. It was sort of an intense meet with the people left behind when a woman I knew committed suicide so I don't remember the name but it was on the square and was quite a good meal. And a lovely day with the park and all.. I drove over from where I was staying at my brother's house and I think it was when they still lived in Benicia, before they moved to Fairfield.

I kind of enjoyed seeing Sonoma in the background :-)

Skiing in bikinis on a hill in San Francisco sounds sort of Meh to me.

BTW the TV guide on Time Warner has stated who climbs the bridge with him and sounds like theh Bay Bridge, not the Golden Gate. I'm thinking it was the part they are working on? If they still are. LOL.. I haven't been up there for way too long!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I highly doubt the Cheese Factory is where you ate. You'd have remembered it if you had!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is going to drive me nuts....

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's been so many years since I was there, I can't help you, Lexie. Sorry!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
OK Lexie, let's see if we can narrow this down and figure out if the restaurant is even still there.

Do you remember was it on the plaza? As in on the main street? Or was it off the main plaza?

Do you remember was it in a hotel (was there a restaurant on the ground floor and a hotel above)?

Do you remember if you were waited on or did you have to place an order at a counter? (See http://www.sonomasunflower.com/)

Do you remember if there was a patio in the back? Or was all seating inside in the restaurant?

Do you remember what type of food? Was it Italian? Anything?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Do you remember was it on the plaza? As in on the main street? Or was it off the main plaza? It was definitely on the main plaza. When we left the restaurant, we were right there at the tiny park and crossed it to do a little shopping at some stores before getting on the bus.

Do you remember was it in a hotel (was there a restaurant on the ground floor and a hotel above)? Stand-alone restaurant

Do you remember if you were waited on or did you have to place an order at a counter? (See http://www.sonomasunflower.com/) We were waited on. It was a cute restaurant with white linens, etc.

Do you remember if there was a patio in the back? Or was all seating inside in the restaurant? We were seated in the front of the restaurant, so I don't know if there was a patio in the back.

Do you remember what type of food? Was it Italian? Anything?It may have been Italian food. My friend had a sandwich, but I'm pretty sure her sandwich consisted of "cured" meats. She made the comment that it was one of the best meals she had on our trip. I honestly can't remember what I ate, but I'm pretty sure I would have had an entree since we were going to be drinking wine all day, a salad would not have held me for long.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, do you remember what side of the plaza the restaurant was on? The duck pond of the plaza (the park with the big beautiful old city hall building in the center) is on the west side. The Sebastiani theater where Ben and Kacie had their date is on the east side.

It could have been Piatti which is gone. (I think there are other Piatti restaurants elsewhere, but no longer in Sonoma.)

I don't know how long Sunflower has been in Sonoma. I'm not sure they were there 7-8 years ago.

I haven't eaten at either place. We didn't have much money when we lived there, so it usually counter service for us. We moved almost 18 years ago to a different part of Sonoma Co. I only go back 2-4 times a year usually.

Sunflower is, and Piatti was, on the west side of that downtown plaza.

There was also a place called Marioni's. It was on the north side of the plaza.

The Swiss Hotel is or was (not sure if it is still there) on the north side.

LaSalette is on the east side of the plaza. I'm pretty sure it has linen tablecloths. I haven't eaten there.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
(Costa, good questions! I think Sunflower was on Guy Fieri's DDD show. I've wanted to go there ever since I saw that ep. If it wasn't Sunflower, it was some other Sonoma restaurant. Food sounded awesome!)

The Girl and the Fig where Ben and Kacie ate (do they ever really eat on any of those dates?) is excellent from what I hear. My DD has been there and loves it. It has an excellent reputation around Sonoma Co.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Sea, I think maybe you ate at The Cheese Factory. It's on the north side of the plaza. It is counter service only. I haven't actually been in there for a couple or few years though.The counter was in the middle of the restaurant surrounded by stuff to buy (lots of cheese among other things) and free samples of cheese. There is a courtyard on the east side of the Cheese Factory where we always ate. Chickens running around there, used to fascinate and scare my DD when she was little.

There is also a great sandwich place on the east side of the plaza called Basque Boulangerie. Great sweets too! (Probably great bread too. It may be a bakery.) But I don't think this is where you ate Sea, because I don't think they have more than a couple of tables on the sidewalk in front for outside seating. (They have a few tables inside too.)

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
You guys are too funny. Maybe I should go into Somoma tomorrow and take some pictures ..help you re-create the lunch :-)

Anyhow, yep Sea the bridge they walk on is the Bay Bridge... I'm kinda surprised it was allowed there.. but NO WAY would the Golden Gate Bridge allow it... as is the bridge attracts too many who want to scale it (and jump off) Far too many Copy-Cats so the bridge wont even mention the number of suicide attempts.

I've seen photos of the skiing and it looks like no fun. They even set up a couch on one of the streets... really cheesy if you ask me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The courtyard was in back.. you had to walk through to it and I think there might have been fountains, maybe chickens, not sure.. but this was maybe 22 years ago..

I don't mind the skiing but in bikinis? Eh..

Yes definitely the Bay Bridge and I'm betting it is an area still under re construction. But Chris Harrison says it is the scariest thing they've ever done on the show.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I learned how to ski at Snow Summit. I'm a warm weather skier, and yup, I'll ski in my bikini. At least my bikini top anyways!

The east span is still under construction. You can check out http://baybridgeinfo.org/ for more info. Also note that the WEST span is closed President's Day. And there's a "get more info on The Bachelor" note. Dunno cuz I know they've filmed last fall (during harvest).

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
( :-) Just trying to help Lexie from going crazy.)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Hey Happymom (sorry I didn't get back with you yesterday but it was a big, yet terrible, football day).

I can't tell you what side of the plaza we ate on (because I don't know what is north, south, east and west in Sonoma), but I'm 99.5% sure that the restaurant may have been on the corner. If it wasn't on the corner, it was one door from the corner (but I'm pretty sure it was on the corner). It had a very light and airy feel to it with the white tablecloths. It wasn't a dark and stuffy dining room.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Jenna will show up on Bachelor Pad. If she does, my guess is that she is an actress and all the crying drama was fake.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh no, Lexie! It was a wonderful, great football day! Go, Niners!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
(((sigh)))

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I think it may have been Piatti. It was on or close to the corner.

I just saw a commercial and Shawntel is the one coming back tonight to date Ben. (I can't remember who the bachelor was when she was on previously. Maybe Brad? his 2nd season) She is the funeral home director.

In his blog, Chris said she had a history with Ben, so, maybe they briefly dated at some function after he was dumped by Ashley Hebert?

Whatever, I guess we'll find out tonight.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Happymom!!! If Piatti was on the corner, or close to it, and had a light and airy feel with white tablecloths - then that's where we ate. I'm sorry to hear it shut down because the food was excellent.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Here we go! Bring on the drama!

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
Drama just walked in the door! What a great reaction to the arrival of Shawntel. They had to bleep Ben!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
He was really shocked! YES, drama just walked in the door.

Alittlebirdie

09-08-2006

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alittlebirdie a private message Print Post    
Can someone spoil please?!? Who's going home tonight?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Oh boy!