TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 13, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 13, 2012 users admin

Muffin

08-29-2007

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
So far, I am not impressed with any of the girls, or the show this season. I find it disappointing.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor/articles/monica-spannbauer-not-bisexual-as-portrayed-on-the-bachelor-according-to-stepmother

Hey, who hasn't heard me talk about SMIL From Hell?????? LOL. Monica said "hey, would you tell Sherry not to talk to the media, huh?" LOL. This is why we didn't answer when Star Magazine called.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't think they portrayed her as bisexual. They simply showed what she did and people are speculating accordingly.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I think Mon may get eliminated this next show, though. I have a feeling. HOpe that's not spoiling, I thought she made it farther, but the time she came home and the timeline of the show kinda adds up.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wonder if she goes on a one on one date with him? That would be funny. She is so cool and reserved I can't imagine how that would work.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Reserved is not a word I would use to describe Monica. Unruffled is more like it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. Much better word for what I meant.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I think her time is almost up too just from the lack of her in the overall series preview. THAT and shes not falling/fawning all over him like some of the others are. Its good though... I wish she was staying but best get out now before it gets real ugly

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I didn't think Monica would make it far just because she wasn't in many of the "what's up this season" previews the first night. Sad, too, cuz I like her. But Cin probably has it right... she's not fawning all over Ben and it seems to me he needs or wants that. Ugh.

Really, the more I watch him on this show the more I think how unattractive he really is. Both in looks and personality.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I don't find him attractive either. I HATE his outdated hairdo. I would have thought some stylist would have tweaked that by now! He seems to be nice but does not have much personality. I don't see a twinkle in his eye; nor a good sense of humor. Plus, he is allowing himself to be duped by the "looks" of Courtney and Blakely. UGH. I don't think he is really there to find a wife!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think Ben would go for someone as self confident and strong as Monica is either.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Some girls have self respect, others do not. Without delving into too many details, Monica has not had the easiest life, not by a long shot. Confident and strong where others would have faltered and failed should be her motto. She's so fun and I will miss seeing her on TV. However, I get to see her in person very soon as she's coming to visit! Of course, I will indulge you all with details if she'll share them.

I think he and Kacie B could have had a real chance, lifestyle and personality-wise. However, real isn't what this show is about.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Anyone else think Courtney kinda resembles a young Jackie Kennedy........

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree that the reason people don't make many long-term connections on this show is that so many regard it as a competition. They want to "win," rather than find a relationship that could last. I really like Monica and glad she stepped back from her friendship with Blakely this week. Blakely does have an air of desperation about her. I thought Monica was funny the first week when Jenna was all, "You're not in love with him already??!!" and Monica was kind of laid back about it. I can see how a girl who has a date with him could develop a crush, but how on earth are they "in love" after only knowing him such a short time???

I just loved seeing Sonoma! I lived in the North Bay (Marin/Sonoma area) for about 15 years. DH and I had our first real date in Sonoma! We bought sandwiches at one of the little markets and ate on the grass in that park. It was so much fun seeing all the familiar places. Mary's Pizza Shack (they showed the sign) is one of my favorite places to eat. Yummy Italian food! We used to spend a lot of time at all the wineries in Sonoma and Napa. I wonder if they'll go on the Wine Train? That would be cool to see. Beautiful area. I really miss it!

One question, Escapee: why do they show that Monica is from Salt Lake City if she lives in Yuba City? Just curious.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
She lives in SLC. She was born and raised here, but moved to Vegas when about 10 years ago, then to SLC about 4 or 5 years ago. So she is from SLC, but this is where she was born and raised.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Figured it was something like that. Oh, and I forgot to say that I balled like a baby when they showed Ben and his dad in those home movies. That was pretty heavy for a first date.

And somebody really needs to give Ben a makeover. I used to think his long hair was cute, but now it just looks shaggy and dated. And flat! He needs some help.

And can I just add, Sonoma Mission Inn? Die!!! We used to drive by there and wish we could stay. It's beautiful, but very expensive!

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom... when were you in Marin? I probably passed you on 101.

Love Sonoma Mission Inn. Spent many a day at their Spa.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I lived in Marin/Sonoma county area from late 1984 till Sept. 1999, when we moved over to Vacaville. Still used to visit the Napa area about every 6 weeks or so. We belonged to two different wine clubs and amassed quite the wine collection when I was pregnant with DS. Alas, he's 11 now and it's all gone, except for a bottle of Quail Ridge 1995 Cabernet Franc. Not sure if it's still any good. I found it lurking at the back of the pantry a while back. It's been thru a few moves.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, for all of your Sonoma peeps... about 7-8 years ago I took a Napa tour when I was in SF. We stopped for lunch in Sonoma. I ate at this absolutely loverly restaurant in what I guess would be called the "town square." It seemed to specialize in fabulous specialty sandwiches and salads. There may have been cooked entrees on the menu, I just don't remember seeing any. However, I remember seeing wine bottles EVERYWHERE in the middle of the restaurant!!! And, if I'm not mistaken, it may have been an open kitchen-type set-up (but I wouldn't swear to it). Does anyone know where I ate?

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Finally, finally watched the first show. Jenna was simply sad. It was like watching an immature middle-schooler. Maybe Monica egged it on a bit much, but I can why she was amused when an adult woman gets hysterical about nothing. It would be easy to assume that maybe Jenna is putting on a show for tv and not take her too seriously. Of course, maybe she is that mentally unstable and then it would be wrong. But I think Monica may have nailed it. Escapee, looking forward to her take on things. I liked that she was totally amused by people being surprised she wasn't ready to marry Ben immediately. In fact, the fact that she didn't take the first show seriously.... I felt like maybe she was the sanest one there!

Is Courtney the model? It takes me a while to keep people straight! If so, I liked her around Ben, but not so much on her own!

And I don't usually like gimmicks, but I kinda liked Grandma. She did seem like a real fan. Maybe everyone should be able to bring someone (or their pet) with them to the first show. And yes, I am just kidding. I can't remember people as it is!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Escapee, you can tell Monica she has a fan here.

I gather you are avoiding spoilers? There is a spoiler (assuming it is accurate) somewhere in that link you posted.. about the three dates, who goes on the two one on ones, about the additional woman, who faints, etc. And who goes home.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 1:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, maybe it was the Cheese Factory?

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Texasdeb, I can see it...Courtney does resemble a young Jackie Kennedy.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It could be Happymom. Our bus stopped in the middle of town (what I would consider the "town square"). We were given a couple of hours to eat and shop. I remember a green space in the middle of the area (like a small park) and it was surrounded by all of these restaurants and shops. The food at the restaurant where we ate was absolutely delicious. The girlfriend I was traveling with eats about as much food as a bird, but she ate her entire sandwich and said it was one of the best meals she had eaten during our visit to SF.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
My Sonoma experience....we did what we called our wine chugging tour. Had about two hours before a meeting, saw the Sonoma sign and felt like we had to have the experience. We had a good time....but I will get back there for a real visit one day!