TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 10, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 10, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think her granddaughter is still there. :-)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
She is. Britney is the girl with the grandma. Chris said (in his blog) that he loved that she brought her grandma and that Ben loved it too.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you. I am glad she is still there.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Just was told that was a 12 hour party where there was little to eat, but LOTS to drink. Tempers were on high, people were irritated, and there was a TON of waiting around, waiting for drama to ensue......hmmmmm, lack of sleep, lack of food, and lots of booze. Recipe for disasters.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
they have talked for years about the first night being such a long night with lots of booze and no food as they are trying to increase drama.
looked like ben might have been drinking water most of the night. i agree it's pretty scummy, but last i checked they don't force the drinks down the girls' throats.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
To those who've mentioned the low premiere ratings, I think it's partly due to people like me who didn't realize it was on already. It was the end of a holiday weekend and it just kind of snuck up on me. Caught up with it today, and I have to say I love Ben. Always did. I was very disappointed in Ashley when she didn't pick him.

I'm sure the somewhat bizarre behavior of these girls at the cocktail party is due to the presence of alcohol, lack of food, nerves and the length of the shoot. I've heard that these parties go on for hours and hours, and we only see a very small part of it. I was pretty disappointed that Ben gave a rose to crazy Jenna, but I'm sure the producers made him do it for the drama.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I dunno. I kept seeing previews of this all over the place. I, who never watch this show, actually decided to see what was up. So unless you were TV free for three weeks prior, I'm not sure you could have missed it. They REALLY shoved the previews down our throats. (And now, Ben is all over the place. More shoving of the throat.)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The problem with them running previews for weeks and weeks in advance is that we get a bit numb to them. We know it's coming!
I'll be interested to see if ratings go up as this is not a holiday weekend.
Looks like Jenna really loses it tonight, from the previews.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Costa... I watch this show religiously... but I missed it last week. I had seen a couple of previews, but didn't register the date that it was starting.

I guess with TiVo and the holidays I just didn't get it shoved down my throat.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me, too. Plus we watch practically nothing live. We have a DVR and routinely skip the commercials. It would be easy to miss. Also it seems like my TV has been showing nothing but football for the past three weeks!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I agree BabyJax, I DVR everything...skip all commercials. I didn't realize it was starting so soon after the holiday, thankfully my best friend gave me a heads up.

Can't wait to watch tonight. (I watch the east coast show on west coast time without commercials)

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Gah. Can Jenna lose it even MORE than she already has? If she does, and she's still there at the end of the night, I cry fowl!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I can't wait until tonight's show. Go Monica! Make her cry! (ok, that's mean, I know.....)

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Jenna did loose it last week. but I think that Monica was pushing her buttons. Sorry Escapee but I don't think Monica was very nice...

I thought Jenna did have a point when Monica was so caviler about her feelings for Ben. He did nothing for her.. why waste everyone's time by staying?? And then Monica continued to call Jenna a B*tch or other crass names... My point being that with Monica targeting Jenna and the booze flowing I give Jenna a bit of slack.

(now she might not pull it back tonight so I may eat my words)

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Lots of wine drinking seems to be going on!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Monica survived the cut and that crazy Jenna is gone! I think Jenna would have lost it if she'd stayed longer.

Watching Ben go for the two unlikable ladies (Blakely and Courtney) reminds me why I loathe dating.
Ben's first date was with my pick, the girl from TN. But I'm having second thoughts about her. She's just too young. She needs to go live a bit first. I think she's adorable and sweet but just too young.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ben seems overwhelmed by his physical attraction to Courtney. Very smart of Courtney to sit back and stay out of the drama once she got the rose. I get the feeling that Courtney is looking to win the "trophy". It's a game to her. Also her comments about tiring of relationships and relationships going bad or losing their zest should be a red flag for Ben especially on a show like this but he'll never see it.

Blakely has an air of desperation about her. Too much, too strong and too soon. But I think she is sincere.

Monica is funny. LOL - The way she watches the other women it almost seems like she is studying animals in a Zoo. She is totally detached.

Jenna was just sad to watch. She should never have gone on this show.

Kacie is sweet. Too sweet for this show. It seems the Bachelors rarely pick the sweet sincere ones.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda: Jenna received a rose.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Jenna didn't receive a rose last night. She's the one that went on tearfully about getting sent home had to be a joke and that they were kidding her. They weren't.....

Alisons

01-10-2003

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Courtney for the win. She is smart. She says just enough to the other girls to make them paranoid but not enough to be the main target. And Ben seems totally taken with her!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Monica said she had just met him and knew four things about him. These girls are so quick to say "it's forever love right away!" There's a difference between being real and being ridiculous.

They didn't show a whole lot of Monica last night. Which is ok compared to last week.

I really like Kacie B. Who was the girl who was so freaked out by Blakely and couldn't stop running her mouth about her? Blond girl, maybe Samantha? Anyway, we found that funny.

Bonbonlover, she said some mean things about Jenna, but to Jenna I didn't see her as mean so much as nonchalant to piss her off, then more straightforward just mess with her. Whatever. I find this extremely entertaining and I am glad you all are watching along with me! I am not offended if you don't care for Monica. To each his own! :-)

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I don't get the impression that Courtney is at all emotionally involved. She is playing this, and him. She does not seem genuine, did not really reveal a lot about herself (very guarded with her words). I think she is leading him on.

Then there's Blakely. What an insecure woman. Phoey. She needs to go too.

I really wonder what is wrong with this guy if he is actually attracted to these two women for marriage material. Arm candy, maybe. Marriage, mom and apple pie.....NO.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I got Mom/Apple Pie from Kacie B. Courtney, I believe is there to further her career or transition from model to screen. I believe that most of the girls are there for the experience, but I don't believe a single one of them are there for love. I wouldn't compete with 25 women for a man. Hell I wouldn't compete with 25 women for a bathroom stall after 10 beers.....before I'd go pee outside.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Can someone explain to me how you can go out on one date with some guy and suddenly think that this is IT and he is THE ONE? I mean, seriously?

I don't believe a single one of these women. I'm glad to hear Jenna is gone (am only halfway thru, that Blakely just got the date rose). Is Courtney The Model? If so, she's not very real either!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One of the problems with a show like this is I think that the people fall more in love with the concept or the experience rather than the person. It clouds their thinking. Plus the fact that it is a competition (totally unlike real life) makes them move faster. And, a lot of it is for show on TV.

LOL - Escapee - That has got to be one of the best comments I've read yet!!!