TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 07, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 07, 2012 users admin

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Kar... it could be a little of both... but frankly I didn't watch because I didn't realize it had even started. knew it was coming soon... but I was still in "holiday" mode and on New Years weekend time schedule. I didn't expect there to be a premiere ... was it Monday night? or Sunday night? I will go watch it on line.

Thank Goodness for TVCH to get me back on my TV watching schedule ;)

Missy890

05-24-2011

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
As far as the entertainment value - I loved Monica. If it wasn't for Monica that episode would have been boring. If she is the way that Escapee describes her maybe they told her to play it up a bit. I loved her cackle and when she said to Jenna are you upset, are your feelings hurt, then why am I here.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think ratings were low because they started the show on a holiday. I wouldn't have even known it was on if my DVR hadn't started recording it for me.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 1:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/03/chris-harrison-the-bachelor-season-premiere-blog-2/

Funny that Chris H says that watching Ben's proposal to Ashley was strange. Of course it was, he totally lacked emotion. I mean, who proposes like that!

We barely even saw Ben during the show. The show was way too much about the girls. I want to see the interactions between the Bach and contestants. Since we didn't see much, I don't think we know who deserved roses,who he made a connection with. And Ben didn't see all the drama between the girls, so he just didn't know about any of that when he decided who to give roses to.

Worst season premiere ever in this franchise, IMO. Maybe that is because Ben is too boring. No offense to him. He seems like a nice guy. But maybe that is why we didn't see him much.

Lol at you guys who think maybe Ben is "not there for the right reasons"!

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We completely missed that the new season was starting until I just happened across it after the show was well underway. I set up our DVR to record it but by that time we'd missed all but the last hour or so. We got around to watching the partial recording last night and were a bit surprised there was so little of Ben but kind of wrote that off as we only had a portion of the show. The hour we did watch was not all that interesting but the first show usually isn't.

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
Well, that was an interesting premiere. I stopped taking this show seriously ages ago so I'm not all that concerned with anyone's reasons for being there or whether finds true love. I just want to be entertained. Does that make me a bad person?

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I can't get over how much Ben looks like Girls Gone Wild creator Joe Francis. It kinda skeeves me.

Hermione69

07-23-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    

Image of Ben from - http://www.scienceofrelationships.com/home/tag/marriage

Image of Joe from - http://www.businesspundit.com/10-notorious-tax-evaders-who-didnt-get-away-with-it/

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
----->Ben fan. :-) I like his quirkiness.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
No it doesn't Hermi - I'm totally into the trainwreck entertainment value that are the Bachelor/ette series.

The couple I thought would make it (Ali/Roberto) are totally splitsville, and the couple I never thought would make it (Ashley/JP) are planning their wedding per an article I read a couple of days ago. Ashley and JP are living together and doing very well. Who knew????

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I'm still bummed about Ali and Roberto. I thought they made a cute couple and were strong in their feelings and attachment to each other. Oh well.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I watched. My comments, randomly, and take into consideration the fact that I've not watched this show in ages!

1. Ben. Who the heck IS he? He seemed boring as all hell, and I'm sorry but I did not get good looking or sexy at all. In fact, I thought he was rather ugly. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but I did not see why all those women were fawning all over him.

2. Monica. Didn't know she was your SIL, Escapee, but I loved her. Yeah, she went a bit overboard but for the most part she was telling it like it is.

3. Jenna. If there ever was any doubt as to how the producers require certain people to stay for drama, there's your answer. Ben knew Jenna was a basket case (crying, and incoherent chatter), and THEN she holds up the rose ceremony? There was absolutely no chemistry between them yet she got a rose. Seriously.

4. Gimmicks. Really, if you have to have a gimmick to get noticed, why are you there? A ginormous hat (where you can't even get a decent hug from the bach), your granny, or riding in on a WHITE HORSE? Seriously.

I dunno what Ben's ulterior motives would be, if he's not looking for a bride, but I dunno if he'll find his one true love in this crop of women. If he does, it ain't gonna be the blondes... he shows a clear predilection for brunettes!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can explain Ben's ulterior motives (or obvious motives) starting with travelling around the world for free, staying in comfort in exotic places and making out with lots of women.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Jimmer

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Yah, everyone should look for a "wife" like that, huh? Ah, the reality of life, where are you? Not with Ben, that's for sure.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I think that has a LOT to do with it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, you forgot that it's a huge promotion for his wine business.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Darn! I knew I missed something!

I have a lot of fun watching this show. I only started watching a few seasons ago because I never thought I'd like it.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
My wife and I were discussing this latest season at dinner last night....obviously a slow night for us if that's the best thing we could think of to discuss. I was surprised when she brought up she thought this particular group of ladies was a bit more endowed/enhanced than other groups in the past. Now I can't say I didn't notice that too but if I've learned anything from being married a few times is that it's generally not a good idea, and you might want to call it a blinding glimpse of the obvious, for a husband to comment on other women's attributes. My wife actually wondered out loud if the bachelors actually filled out a questionnaire with blocks like "blond", "big boobies", or "blond with big boobies".

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Tell her Ben's prefs were "brunette with big boobies." :-)

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Monica is on the cover of People this week! (Well, OK, it's a tiny pic but she's there!)

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I had to buy it yesterday, too. Called her up and she said Chelsea Lately did a spot about her too. LOL. She thought it quite funny. Nothing bothers that girl.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched yet, but will look forward to rooting for Monica, Escapee. Gotta catch up on it, though....my DVR habit makes it difficult to make comments on a timely basis (though as you know that never seems to stop me!) This weekend, hopefully. I'm on prednisone and trying to get over laryngitis, so I figure there should be some tv time!

Sia

03-10-2002

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I'd miss all my shows if it weren't for my DishTV DVR recording things for me! Didn't know anything about Ben because I boycotted Ashley's season because I so intensely disliked her!!!! He does seem to be less-than-stimulating company. I hate that the producers obviously make the Bachelor/ette keep certain troublemakers around for the sheer drama (Monica and Jenna, so far, this season). I didn't really catch all the profiles at the start of the show to know which gals got the boot. The British gal was on my To-Go List, as was the gal with the stupid Kentucky Derby hat. I actually liked the girl whose Grandma came with her. Admittedly, that was a ploy to get her noticed, but I found it cute. On her own merits she seems like a very nice young woman, independent of her dear old grandma. I think they had Granny in the previews because it was edited to look like the octogenarian was going to be among the contestants: that's what I thought, anyway! Escapee, I hope Monica is truly a nice person, but she came across really mean to me. Jenna should be led out of the mansion by a team of men with white jackets--and she should put on a jacket, too!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I liked granny. She said she loved Ben and I thought it was nice that she had a chance to meet him.

Is her granddaughter still there?