TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 04, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 04, 2012 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 02, 2012 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Jenna is all kinds of crazy! How can someone live in NYC and make enough $ being a blogger???

You'd think these girls that had watched past seasons would know to lay off the alcohol the first night. LOL.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
We barely saw Ben tonight. Looks like there is going to be loads of drama this season.

I'm looking forward to next week. I never enjoy the first ep as much as the others.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Courtney is that actress from the Vegas commercial where the guy locks himself out of his hotel room.

Or at least she looks just like her.

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
Okay, what was the deal with the one that came out of the car and just walked past him, no hello, nothing. Which blonde was that? Is she still there?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ginger, if she is the one that was wearing the light blue evening gown, I don't think she got a rose. I guess it backfired on her.

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, he yelled out, "That was a Bold Move"

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes Escapee, those previews were scary.

What is wrong with these girls that they can got so involved so quickly!

Sob Sob Sob.

I'm gonna buy me some stock in Kleenex.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
On the alcohol....um yeah...... Nerves and alcohol don't mix.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Anna was the girl who walked right by Ben instead of introducing herself. She did not get a rose.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I miss Anna

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Is Kacie B the one from Tenesse? She is my pick on night 1. I thought she was adorable.
I like Jamie -- sounds like she's had a hard life and has really done well for herself. Raising siblings and able to become a nurse?! Good for her. Hope good things come her way.
I thought Monica was funny and you could tell she was tipsy.
Blakely's teeth look fake to me and it's distracting.
Courtney sparked an interested, but from the previews perhaps she is this year's villian?
Jenna is just all kinds of looney. She didn't even make sense when the night started and she was still sober.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm kind of happy that we will get all kinds of crazy this season since, while I think Ben's a nice guy, he's just Ben.

I want stalking lunatics, trainwrecks, etc. etc. in my reality shows and I have no doubt these women will deliver and enhance my Bachelor viewing experience.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Brittney sounds JUST like Meghan McCain. As a matter of a fact, I wasn't looking at the TV when she started talking, and my head whipped around thinking it was really Meghan.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
How weird that Ben picked Jenna and Monica last eh?? LOL

I love that Monica is your sister in law Escapee. makes it fun to watch. I like her, and I sure like her confidence...that and shes beautiful.

Not sure if I like Courteney or not..although shes confident & beautiful too, there's just something about her, maybe its that shes a model and models go on this show to promote themselves and don't really care about the Bachelor.. maybe shes not like that?? Is she sincere?

This looks like the trainwreck of all Bachelor shows.... could be interesting.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I wish she wouldn't have had anything to drink and I wish she wouldn't have sworn so much (I just assume she was tiptastic). She does say what's on her mind, though. She's a fun person, a great person, but she doesn't take any crap from anyone, ever. She will always tell it like it is.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't know that it was even being "involved" right away with Jenna.. she was just playing total victim, taking offense at pretty much nothing and crying.. I think hoping somehow to get the first impression rose out of pity? Disturbing. Annoying.

Escapee, it has to be so hard to see someone you know and love on this show!! And I'm sure many of them (or their families) wish for a do-over (like, why did I walk on by? why did I wear that stupid hat? why did I drink?)

I think Monica would be fun in real life and should find a guy who appreciates her! Or maybe someone will see her on the show, who knows? I hope she gets some fun trips, but it sure sounds like it would be crazymaking.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I've seen a lot of negative comments about her and also a lot of positive ones. I am not offended by any of them really.

I emailed her yesterday and told her we watched and loved it. She said she was amazed how 'put together' she looked during the cocktail hour considering how much she'd had to drink.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I'm seeing more positive comments than negative for sure...but yeah, guess you gotta be prepared for both. She seems to be a strong enough girl to handle the bad though.

Jenna created that whole senario and Monica was just..like...WTH? It was almost funny except clearly Jenna was not in a good frame of mind. Shes going to get eaten alive on this show.

Watching the previews, I didn't see much of either one of them. too bad :-(

The previews, although I know they purposefully mislead us, don't leave me much hope for a happily ever after...

can't wait for next week.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
My observations FWIW. My opinion only.
It irritates me no end that (I'm sure) the producers dictate some of the ones getting a rose: Jenna and Monica (so more drama can play out). Neither of them deserved a rose. I can't see that Ben would want to be near either of them.
Why Jenna was chosen to be on the show is a mystery to me. She is obviously emotionally fragile and certainly they saw this beforehand. It will be painful to watch this play out.
Anna (the smug walk-by): HAH! I don't know whether Ben had a one-on-one talk with her or not, but I didn't see it if he did. Hopefully, he ignored her. Hopefully, he just walked on by!
I guess the Grandmother thing was sweet, but to me it was just an unnecessary distraction. Don't get me wrong. I love Grandmothers and adore mine.
I found very few of these women attractive and what the heck with the long stringy hair? Only a few had their hair under control. I really dislike this trend.
Okaaay, vent over.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I do hope as the show progresses that you all get to see the real Monica. She has the best sense of humor, she's always happy, always having fun, well, the exact opposite of Jenna.

I do agree that they were kept for the drama factor from what we've seen. I don't know if Ben got a one-on-one conversation with Monica. She won't tell me and they didn't show it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Jenna clearly showed some severe self esteem issues and initially seemed to be blowing things out of proportion. All the same, as much as I'd like to be supportive of a fellow TVCH'rs SIL, what they showed of Monica was pretty bad. A lot of drinking, swearing and generally pretty aggressive behaviour. Ouch! Oh and the rather unusual (for a show like this) display of attraction to that other contestant. I will say that she certainly didn't act like a wallflower. LOL - For a while there it seemed it was the Monica/Jenna show and Ben just faded into the background. Assuming she gives them the chance, I hope they give Monica a fair edit and we get to see some of the person that Escapee knows. One thing is this is rather instructive as it shows that how the person behaves and/or is edited on the show doesn't necessarily reflect their behaviour in real life.

I'm not a huge fan of Ben. For some reason, I get the feeling that he is not emotionally prepared for a serious relationship and possible engagement so I suspect he is doing this more for the experience than hoping to find a sincere connection with someone. It's still fun to watch though!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I agree, Jimmer, about Ben. He seems like a really nice guy, but I was disappointed that he was chosen. Also wish he would shave closely and get a good hairdresser.
I always wonder how many episodes of this show must these women watch before they learn that they should forgo the alcohol ???? OR, maybe their behavior can't be blamed on the alcohol. Either way, use some common sense.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
This is apparently the worst premiere ratings in the history of the show. You have to wonder if it is because Ben is boring, or the show is becoming stale.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kar, I suspect a little of both.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I suspect that the show's poor track record in creating successful reasonably long-term relationships means that the viewers are taking the show less seriously. As I mentioned before, I'm already doubting Ben's sincerity with respect to getting anything permanent out of this. Plus they haven't had much in the way of high profile Bachelors. I think they need to find someone who has some sort of definable characteristic that can pull in viewers. Perhaps a wealthy entrepreneur (wealthy or visible enough to have some name recognition) or sports figure? Maybe change the location to the bachelor's estate. Something to pump some energy and a semblance of reality back into the show.