TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 31, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Brad (Again.): Archive through March 31, 2011 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It looks like Emily has it pretty good where she is.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 2:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Her daughter's grandparents are said to have provided the rather huge home they live in..

But then if you have strong roots, it would be best not to go on one of these shows unless you are the star and then could say you are staying put (unless you want to relocate).

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
It's a shame she even went on that show. I can't think why she would. There were always going to be issues with her child, moving, etc. If Brad had not met her, he probably would have been happy with Chantal, Ashley, etc. I'm not sure that she was truly emotionally available.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure Brad was truly emotionally available.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Alisons. She would have had to assume that she would be the one to move. From the beginning, I'm sure she knew that Brad had businesses in Austin. If moving was a problem for her, she should have discussed it with him and not accepted the roses. She shouldn't have even been on the show. However, she did tell his family that she would move. I don't think she is as serious about him as he is about her.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
From their conversation on ATFR, I gathered that they have had serious issues since he proposed. He seems to have quite a temper. We saw a flash of it on their final date when he got all upset that she wanted to be sure what it meant to be a dad. I don't think that was unreasonable of her, but he blew it all out of proportion. I think she has her reasons for not moving to Dallas, and I have nothing but respect for her trying to be sure she's doing the right thing for herself and her daughter. Remember, we don't see everything that goes on between them.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And I saw it differently BJM. I thought Brad was frustrated with her because evidently Emily can't take "yes" for an answer regarding being a father to her daughter.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Chris Harrison (from his blog) saw it differently, too. From his blog he said he thought she was just trying to make sure he understood what it meant to be a dad. There was really no reason for him to get so upset. That right there was a red flag to me. What a temper!

Okay, I went back and looked. It wasn't from his blog. Must have been an interview I read. Anyway, Chris didn't think she was out of line, but Brad definitely overreacted. Tip of the iceberg!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
As a single mother any man who wanted to marry me or become a father to my child would be subjected to a long and repeated grilling! Brad does not have any track record to rely on. Does he even own and care for a dog?!

Yes, gigantic red flags right there.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I'm sure her intention was good in questioning Brad about what he thought fatherhood was - but - it came across more like "you're only signing on because you don't know what you're getting into" rather than honoring his commitment to be part of an existing family. And a little condescending, like a 38yo man not knowing that it "isn't all fun and games." If she could deal with it as a pregnant 18yo with no partner, no education, no job, then she ought to give him a bit more credit as a committed, well-established adult.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
But I don't really give him much credit in the "committed" part. Does he have any kind of track record showing he's willing and able to commit? Not that I know of.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Gotta agree with you there, Brenda. Like I said above, even though I think he meant well, I'm not sure Brad was truly emotionally available.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Emily did get to meet his family.. seems like that would have been a good time to ask pointed questions of his mom, his brothers and SILs.. both being mothers of children who Brad interacts with.. Might have given her some input, at least. And he didn't act all scared and standoffish around her daughter when he met her. And it seems to have been her choice not to have him meet her parents, or maybe her daughter's grandparents to have them check him out as well.

Pretty much seems like they will have to spend more time together of course under supervision, and she can observe.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I would trust someone's family to give me a fair assessment when I first met them -- especially in front of cameras. But I agree -- she should have had him meet more than her daughter -- it's nice to get that first impression from other family who will be honest with you!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well of course she had to take into consideration his family being his family but if she questioned each one she talked to she would get some input and on these shows in the past some families HAVE "warned" about their relative or given up some info. And she may have asked but I'm thinking if she had had a serious convo they might have shown it.

And hopefully she has people she can trust in her own life .. but perhaps not. I remember was it Melissa? One of the bachelorettes introduced the guys/guy to their best friends and got feedback.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think she did say in ATFR that one of Brad's siblings had asked her, "Did you wake the bear yet?" referring to his temper. They apparently spent several hours with his family, but we only see about 10 minutes of it. They show us what they think we should see.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
From People Mag:

Brad: No One knows, but I flew her father to South Africa, to the proposal site, from West Virginia. I made it very clear I would not ask her to marry me without his consent. It was off camera. I looked him in the eye and told him, "I'm very much in love with your daughter. This isn't for show."

Emily: My dad is a coal miner - super manly, doesn't show emotion. Well, he saw Brad and I together, and he just started crying. He really liked Brad a lot.

I thought that was interesting since they never showed any of that. Or maybe I fell asleep and missed it.. lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, if I remember correctly Melissa introduced Jason to her friends on the HTD and not her family and got feedback from them. Her family didn't want to be on TV.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I am always interested when they say things like "I flew her father to South Africa." Did Brad plan that and pay for it himself....or did ABC? Maybe he did....but I doubt it.

Ann

09-27-2005

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
I highly doubt that Brad paid to fly Emily's dad to South Africa, but I'm sure it was at Brad's request that the show did so.

I guess it must have been a big surprise to Emily to see her father there. Too bad they didn't show it on tv.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think with Melissa and Jason on the HTD they called her parents and he talked to them. I wonder if he did ever meet them??

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
On the Comcast homepage, there was a pic of Emily and Brad saying something about changes for them. It was a video and my old computer doesn't do videos well.

So, I googled them and today's date. I have no idea if the link below is a reliable source, but it says that Emily and her DD are moving to Austin for the summer. They aren't moving in with Brad.

link

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Good for her! She waited till the school year was over for her daughter and they are taking it slow. Emily's a lot smarter than I thought she was. Will be much less confusing for her daughter if they're not living together.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Makes sense. Too bad they'll hit summer weather, but.. best to learn about it, I suppose.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Austin isn't bad in the summer. Hot yes, but not any worse than NC. They can hang out in Barton Springs or at Lake Travis