TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 18, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Brad (Again.): Archive through March 18, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It sounds like most of their fights were over what was shown on the show.. that is over now so that could possibly be overcome.

As for the dress.. but there wasn't anything TO hang out!

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Chantal on Regis and Kelly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFfigsiVSoU

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
On the finale, Emily did say she was ready to move to Austin. What has gone on since they were apart and watching the show apparently has made her not ready to move there. If you're not sure, I think it's wise since she does have a little girl to consider. With others who moved close to each other, it was only them who went to see if it would work and grow. You can't do that when you're a parent. There's too much at stake. I don't really see it lasting, but maybe they'll surprise us.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/03/15/2011-03-15_brad_womack_and_emily_maynard_break_up
_after_bachelor_finale_after_the_final_ros.html

Hmmm..... sounds like this one is already over!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, that is dated Tuesday morning and is a recap of the show. As far as we know, they are still together.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes they broke up before the ATFR then got back together and appear to be together now (if we can believe what they said on the show the other night).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm going to add that many guys are uncomfortable with displays of emotion (particularly sad emotions) but Brad seems extremely uncomfortable. He simply didn't want to allow any of the women to be upset and constantly cut them off and tried to quickly "fix" it. I can't see that working well in the long run. Sometimes you have to accept that another person is upset and there is no quick fix for it and just be understanding.

Glenn

07-05-2003

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
Watching the bachelor/bachelorette is like looking at a necker cube. You see what you are accustomed to seeing.

The variety of viewpoints expressed during a season keep me tuned in.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ooops! Guess I didn't read it close enough to realize it was a recap. A friend sent it to me saying they'd officially broken up. I guess we won't get that word until another 2 months from now.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Good grief, where was Emily when he was dating 24 other girls? She acts like it was a big surprise that he also had relationships with others. Did she never watch this show?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Wow, it's not often you can slip 'necker cube' into a conversation! lol

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Nor do they seem to catch on that the producers edit the living bejesus out of this show. If Emily and Brad had such an early and strong connection it sure wasn't shown. In fact, me and lots others thought it was Chantal up until the last couple of shows before the final rose when they showed some cracks in that relationship. Wonder if Emily noticed their strong relationship didn't get much air time?

Ann

09-27-2005

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
From the In Touch online site.

Bachelor Brad Womack Betrayed: The Real Story

More than three years after breaking the hearts of the two finalists on his previous Bachelor stint, Brad, 38, is about to find out that you can’t escape bad karma.

In Touch has learned that, unbeknownst to Brad, Emily has been secretly setting up dates with another man in her hometown of Charlotte, N.C.: car dealership owner Brett J. Barniske- Bertolami. And while Brad has been excitedly telling reporters, “I couldn’t be happier,” with his new love, Emily has been getting closer to the hot, young entrepreneur.

Asked about his relationship with Emily, Brett is elusive. “Emily is a real sweetheart and I adore her,” he tells In Touch. “I have nothing bad to say about her. I would do anything in the world for her. No further comment.”

Yet a source from Charlotte insists that Emily and Brett are very close — so close that they dated before she was on The Bachelor. And after she left for LA to shoot the live "After the Final Rose" episode, “Brett was in a bar in Charlotte, showing people pictures of Emily on his phone.” Acting as if they were boyfriend and girlfriend, Brett seemed to miss Emily a lot. “Some of the pictures were a couple of years old,” the source adds. “It seems like Brett knows her pretty well.”

And she clearly wants to spend more time together. In fact, the source reveals, Emily had scheduled a dinner date with Brett just days before her on-air reunion with Brad — a date she cancelled only because she got sick at the last minute.

But while the source says Emily wants to reschedule with Brett, she may have some explaining to do. “I won’t go out with an engaged person,” Brett shares.

Like DeAnna Pappas and Jenni Croft did more than three years ago, Brad will soon have to face the fact that sometimes, there is no happily ever after. And in his case, payback can really hurt.

For more on The Bachelor — pick up the new issue of In Touch, on stands now

Permalink | Posted: March 16, 2011

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought Emily was living in Tennessee?

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
She lives in Charlotte. I had a girl's night last night and Emily goes to a doctor where my friend works (in Charlotte) and she says she is really nice and sweet in person. I have never heard of that car dealership owner in the Charlotte area and that article makes me think someone is trying to get his 15 minutes of fame.

I agree with Karuuna in that what I perceived in watching the ATFR was a young woman trying not to "poke the bear" (as his family calls his temper) before she made statements that would upset him. I think her temper is just trying to defend her point and go toe-to-toe with him in their disagreements, and I don't see anything wrong with that as long as it is constructive. But like everyone else I have real doubts about the success of this match because I just don't see her uprooting a young child away from her support (financial and emotional) system here in Charlotte and going to an unknown in Texas.

Brad needs to move to Charlotte, I am sure Rick Hendrick can get him a job here in one of the kajillion businesses he owns!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Do any of us really know what kind of employment Brad has, anyway. I seem to remember him saying that after the last "Bachelor" season he took time off, and both of the Bachelor filmings had to take quite awhile, so it appears he can be away from his business for quite awhile at a stretch. Has anyone been in one of his bars? Are there any other businesses besides bars that his family owns. Can't he branch out and buy another business or take more time off to be near Emily and her daughter's home for awhile.?

Ann

09-27-2005

Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Here is a long and interesting interview that Chris Harrison did.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelor-host-chris-harrison-talks-about-brad-womack-season-12084.php

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ann.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ann. That was very interesting.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Couldn't they have edited out all the "you know"s? Sheesh!

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Cheiko, he co-owns 4 bars with his brothers. I would think they could handle the bars and he could move to Charlotte if he really wanted to.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Moving is a lot to ask of someone who owns their own business or a stake in a business. See Shawntel for example and yet she appeared to be willing to move for Brad!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thank you Hypermom, They could even start a new business or two in Charlotte.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, yes, but moving a little girl away from her home and grandparents is a lot too, imo.

Chieko, yep!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
No question it is a tough situation. Both of them have very strong roots where they are right now which is why they may not have been the best choice for each other.