TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 15, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Brad (Again.): Archive through March 15, 2011 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
In my mind, Brad so clearly picked the wrong woman (he should have picked either Chantal or Shawntel). Relationships are fascinating. Here he had two lovely women who clearly seemed to be much more in love with him than Emily was in love with him and yet he was more in love with Emily and picked her. Pretty sad all around and probably a bit of a microcosm of real life.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I think Brad's attraction to Emily was more that age old "I can rescue her from her sad little life" thing. Throughout the show, I always felt like he was on pins and needles around her.

Chantal is "strong and independent" as Brad said in his dumping of her. I don't think that is as appealing to him.

Funny thing is, Emily seemed very much that way on the ATFR show, but not throughout the season. I think that may be a bit of a quandry for him.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I felt really bad for Chantal, but as we all know, there always has to be a second choice. Glad she found a nice guy. ITA that Emily looked fantastic. The hair color and cut made her look so much better.

Brad really seemed to be in love and assuming he did fall for Emily right away, I think there was a lot of footage we didn’t see. I will be surprised if this marriage ever takes place. Though, I think Emily is correct about having to be in the real world as a couple for awhile, something doesn’t feel right. I thought the reasons his family preferred Emily (because she was a mom) was weird. Wouldn’t most families prefer their son NOT become an instant father? While a 14 yr age difference doesn’t have to be a big deal, I think Emily hasn’t really experienced enough for this marriage to be successful. I thought Brad and Chantal appeared to be great together. It just seemed like they clicked and on a day to day basis would get along great.

Now that we know Brad has a temper, can’t really blame Emily for being apprehensive, though I didn’t like how she was so adamant about not moving to Austin. She could have at least said, we’ll do a long distance thing for awhile, and then mention moving there eventually (as Molly did). You can’t expect Brad to move near her since he has a few businesses in Austin.

It wasn’t clear how often they actually saw each other. I noticed how they didn’t mention sneaking around and being discrete, as previous couples have. Well, time will tell if this works out. Wish them well but have my doubts.

Poor Trista and Ryan always being dragged out as evidence that this show works. Oh, yeah, we know how well this show works.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rslover, I think the huge age difference between Brad and these girls is that these girls were chosen when they were trying to get Chris L. from Ali's season as the next Bachelorette. I don't think any of these girls were even close to Brad's age.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
'Tis a shame really. I think 5 years younger is young enough!

Just went back and read the spoiler thread. Wow...about Ricky's ex-fiancee and all that. Very interesting if it is true.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I actually think the age difference is significant. Yes, there's 13 years between my wife and I....I'm older....but we got married when I was 51 and she was 38. We both brought a whole bunch of life's experience to our marriage. We'd both been through the "been there, done that" of previous relationships and marriages. That's not always better but it worked and continues to work for us. Amazingly things you think are really important at 24 really aren't all that important at 38 or 50.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I found their interaction to be very uncomfortable also. There was something disturbing about how she always looked at him and said "I love you" right before she said something she didn't like about him. Almost as if she was nervous that she'd see that temper....

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Brad's blog

I don't know if it's those double commas that people uses or what, but I seriously doubt that it will link to Brad's blog the way it is supposed to. I found it by googling: people.com bachelor brad march. He doesn't give any news, insight or anything really. He says he's in love and thanks the viewers.

Chris' blog

<fixed link>

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Before I read any posts about last night's show, I'm going to post.

I think they make a really nice couple. I hope they make it work. I'm so glad they didn't get married last night ... that would have been WAY too fast! I'm kind of shocked they were even contemplating that, they both seem smarter and more reasonable than to jump into a marriage especially given the situation in which they met.

Brad continues to impress me. During the show when he and Emily had their last date, I really thought "wow. Brad you are so not ready. You are emotionally immature. You are about to throw all this away because your expectations were not met." I think he expected her to really gush when he told her he was ready to be a father. When she didn't, I don't think he could get out of his head/emotions and think about it from her perspective.

But then, when he proposed and how he was with her on ATFR (didn't interrupt her, didn't make it about him)...and...admitted some of his faults (something most people have a hard time doing and especially something most guys have an even harder time doing)...well...I am impressed. Good for Brad. He is growing and willing to grow some more.

I think Emily has always done a good job of patiently managing Brad and taking care of him emotionally. I think he needs that.

I think they are a good match. I wish them the best. I feel bad that the media has been hard on them. I had no idea about that. I guess in trying to avoid all spoilers (which I managed to do successfully and that really added to my enjoyment of the show), I missed all that. I'm glad I did.

I felt so bad for Chantal when he didn't pick her. I really didn't think he would pick her. I'm glad she has a new man and is happy. I think she wanted Brad (during ATFR) to say that he was really considering picking her, but he wouldn't say it (probably out of respect for Emily) and she let it go and good for her and good for him.

I think Brad, Emily, and Chantal are really decent nice people.

I liked Brad's family too. I didn't remember them from his 1st season except for Chad. I do think that the one brother (or both, if they both did this) commenting on how the last time Brad did the Bachelor, "he went through H___" was very annoying to me, even if those were Brad's feelings back then. It just doesn't go over too well with me.

I can't wait to read what you all thought about the show and the relationship.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I am really in the minority here.

I think Emily was portrayed as quiet, but she may not have actually been that way. I don't think she needs to have a protector, I think Brad wants to be the protector of his woman no matter who she would have been.

As he told his family, Emily said she is not shy, she is private. Also, being a mom, I think that is why we didn't see lots of physical chemistry between the two of them. (I'm sure she saved that for when the cameras weren't around. She may have even told him something like that, but we just didn't see it.) She probably didn't want that out there for her daughter to see. I don't think he would have picked her, or she him, if they didn't have that.

I think she is probably more mature than the average 24 year old.

This show is so highly edited. There's so much we don't see.

I don't think Brad is uncomfortable around Emily, I think he is uncomfortable with negative emotions of any kind (his or another person's). I think he is a bit socially awkward, but that's ok. I think he still has some growing to do, but I think he can do it. I think when Emily was telling him she loves him right before she was going to say something that he might not like, I think that was in a way kind and in a way managing him. I don't think there is anything unhealthy about that necessarily. I think he needs that reassurance.

I don't think Emily said she is unwilling to move to Austin ever. I think she said no when Chris asked her about "right now". Obviously, she needs to be careful more than most because she has to consider her daughter.

I think they are in love and that he is totally smitten with her. I think that he is willing to work on himself and their relationship. He needs to. I think she needs time to accept that he had feelings for other women (and made out with them) at the same time he had feelings for her (and made out with her). She did say that now that the show is over, there won't be the Monday night tension and they have a clean slate.

They said they broke up. I think they considered themselves engaged still because they got back together after they broke up...they either just didn't tell the viewers that they got back together, or it was edited out. I was surprised that they hadn't seen each other in a month. She must have been really upset/confused or whatever. (I think they could have seen each other more if they had wanted to.) But she seems like she really wants to make this work.

I am not very excited about Ashley H being the next Bachelorette. But I wasn't excited about Jake or Brad (the 2nd time) either and I did enjoy both of those seasons.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Well, I do like Emily & Brad but I was really hoping it would be Chantal. It was all Chantal for me til the last two episodes when the gears seemed to shift and it became All About Emily. What Bachelor ever has said He was falling in love with a girl on one of the dates. From that moment on I knew it was Emily. I had a hard time adjusting because all I had seen up til then was the chemistry & comfort he had with Chantal. I knew he really cared about Emily but their time together just didn't have the same feel. Editting!!!

I does bother me that Chantal asked to be let go earlier if she wasn't the one. I wonder if Ashley H would have been final 2 had their date in S. Africa not gone so downhill.

The whole 2 hr finale show was the Brad & Emily show... there was no suspense at all. Not even the little tiff mid show was going to do any damage. Brad was All About Emily and it was hard watching it being a Chantal fan from the beginning.

He so wanted his family to love Em too and was so excited when they did. It was nice to see him that happy, he was like a little kid.

Thought it fitting that Chantal wore black and Emily wore white..

The ATFR.. was uncomfortable to watch and I felt bad for Brad. He obviously loves her and I just don't see that coming back to him. ALthough I fully understand how tough its gotta be to watch him being so intimate with the other girls and I can see every Monday being an emotion filled fight. I hope they can make it work, now that the show is over.

I do not see her moving to Austin antime soon and I undertand that. You have to know things will work before uprooting a kid from her surroundings. Wonder why we never met Emilys family/parents? I bet Rickis (late fiance) family won't be too thrilled to have little Ricki move away...bet they are super close with her. (how far away does Emily live from Brad)

They all looked fantastic on the ATFR... Chantal and Brad and especially Emily...loved her hair and dress. She looked more real to me.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Emily is over 1000 miles away from Brad.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Oh....another thing that Chantal said that I found funny. She said "I have never traveled the world for a man before." Ummmmm.....taking a free trip to South Africa is a hardship for her? I would be saying "Oh, I hope he likes me....but if not I GOT A FREE TRIP TO SOUTH AFRICA!!!!!" I'd like it to be known that I would travel the world for free for almost any man!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't think many of us have travelled the world for a man.

I agree with you Yes. It doesn't sound like a hardship or a down side of dating.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The way the show is setup, they are kind of following Brad around the world. Not exactly a hardship if you enjoy travel but it isn't like they are a couple who are planning their travel together so maybe that is what Chantal meant?

I find the editing a bit frustrating. I realize they have to maintain some level of suspense but I think sometimes they go a little too far in their attempt to throw off the viewers. It makes the ending a surprise but it can be confusing and much less satisfying than seeing their interest/love for each other grow.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments and I'm looking forward to see ATFR tonight and getting my own perspective of it.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I was all for them as a couple until I watched ATFR.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I felt similar Dogdoc. I can't say I was "all" for them, but I felt like maybe they had a chance. After the Rose show? No way. They won't last and she needs to run. RUN!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I sort of agree, but Brad seems to like the carefree lifestyle and do lots of things, and Emily doesn't strike me as that type. I'm not saying that is bad, she is a mother and she seems to be a very good caring one and I did like her, but I feel that his parents had a big say in who he picked. After the Rose she was so different and I really didn't care much for her. She was upset that he was so close to the other girls.....hasn't she ever seen the show???? Did she think that the other girls went out with him and played checkers??????

Alliet

07-11-2005

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
I think Emily's too used to the cushy, all-expenses-paid-for life to throw it all away by moving to Austin (or wherever it is) to take a chance with Brad. People seem to be dwelling on boring old Brad's temper but not on the fact that she admitted she had one too. Now there's a match made in hell! I don't think they'll end up lasting more than 6 months, if that. Bad choice of Bachelor (again) if you ask me. Not thrilled about the choice for next season's Bachelorette either.

Fredi

04-01-2008

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fredi a private message Print Post    
I agree with Brenda- run Emily- run! Holy restraining order!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I've read all of the posts in this thread, a few of my own, and someone mentioned the age difference. I met my husband when I was 25 & he was 44. We have been together 44 years and married 20. I never realized that later on in life it would make a big difference. It really does. He is still very active but there are things that change when a person gets over 80, almost 90.
No one here heard any of the guys from Ali's season complain after she said she knew it was Roberto as soon as she met him. Chris took it like a man. Never heard Roberto say anything about how she reacted at Frank's betrayal. It seems like when a woman sheds tears, it's the end of the world, but when a guy gets hurt, so be it. Maybe we feel this way because we are mostly women on this site and it's we women who watch these shows.
I feel really sad for Brad.. Didn't like him the first time around, loved him this season. I think that he realized that Chantal cries and pouts if she does't get her own way. That's what daddy's little girls do.
And, I don't know if I can stand to watch Ashley as the 'ette. Did anyone see the dress she had on last night on the JK show?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did.. horrible choice. If you have no boobs for heaven sake why wear a huge plunging neckline? I know Camryn Diaz does it all the time but it isn't a good look on her, either.

And she was acting so young/immature.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Chantal is emotional, wears her heart on her sleeve... I wouldn't call it pouting at all, but thats just me. I'm a daddy's girl ;)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I finally watched it tonight and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be based on my rather low expectations. They do seem awfully tense though and it's hard to see it lasting based on their body language. I think one of the main issues is that Emily (and for that matter Chantal) can't get past the idea that Brad appeared to have feelings for the other women on the show. That's not a criticism of them by the way. I've often wondered how any of them are able to do that.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Oh I SO agree about Ashley's dress on Kimmel. That was terrible! She let it all hang out and bent over every time she laughed. That dress made me lose some respect for her.

One thing Emily said on ATFR was that one of the things they need to get worked out is how they fight. I think that is a good thing to work on and something every couple needs to know how to do. There are going to be fights and both need to know how to fight fairly and respectfully.

And...I think it is somewhat strange that they are already fighting, especially since they were apart for a month before ATFR was filmed. But, they are in a strange and unique situation and so I can understand that they would be fighting especially since they were apart so much.

I just hope that Brad gives Emily the space to be upset when she is. He probably doesn't handle that well. But hopefully he is working on it. I also hope he is there for her when she is upset. (She has every right to be upset too. And I think the Bachelor/ette should be understanding and not lean on their final rose pick if they are upset because of the stress or whatever.) (I'm not sure I'm explaining that very well.) Anyway, she said she has stuff to work on too. They both recognize that they need to do that, that is half the battle (maybe more than half).

Loved Ryan on ATFR last night!