TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 04, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Brad (Again.): Archive through March 04, 2011 users admin

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Another vote for Jimmer's observation. My wife and I were talking about that just last night, especially during Brad's date with Ashley. That probably was one of the biggest meltdowns we've seen. You could see him mentally "walk out the door" about half way through the conversation about "your future, our future". Either Ashley didn't get on the "clue bus" or she really wasn't willing to discuss her future beyond getting through school. The respond to him asking if she'd be willing to move was priceless....something along the lines of "I've thought about moving as far away as southern Massachusetts once I graduate...." Understand what she meant but Brad was looking for some consideration past her previous or immediate plans and thoughts and it just wasn't there. Of course she didn't exactly profess undying love for Brad either. There's always editing but I'd think she saw where it when south when she watched that episode.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That date with Ashley was uncomfortable to watch. Ashley seemed clueless.

Those scenes from the helicopter ride were beautiful.

I don't think Brad is enjoying himself at all right now.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
has a bachelor or bachelorette ever said they loved someone before the finale?

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Seems to us Brad says that a lot but maybe we're just watching him closer because of his previous experience.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chris'blog

There is a link to Brad's blog at the end of Chris' blog.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chris H: This turned out to be one of the most surprisingly aggressive and emotional Tell All specials I’ve ever hosted. I can’t begin to tell you how blown away you’ll be by Michelle. It’s a special you won’t want to miss!

Sounds exciting!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That Michelle comment is puzzling. Does he mean we'll be blown away by her craziness?

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Thats what I was wondering Texannie. I haven't watched too many Bachelors but thought it was against rules to tell the girls how you feel so openly..

so by his announcement I assume he picks Emily.. but editting may just want us to think that..

If he picks Chantal, I'd be pretty upset if I were her to hear him say that to Emily..

These are two great picks. I can see him more with Chantal because they do have that chemistry and are comfortable with each other.. but hes totally smitten with Emily, so cautious and caring to the point of it being too much.. I would think that he would have let Emily go a few episodes back if she wasn't the one... he cares too much about her..

I can see Chantal being the next Bachelorette... but not Emily.

I'm looking forward to next weeks Tell All.. and I'll be happy with whichever girl he picks..

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Cinnamon, I agree with everything you posted.

I am wondering, though, if there is a lot of physical chemistry we don't see with Brad and Emily due to editing. She may hold back when she's on camera because of her daughter.

I don't think that Brad said he loves Emily, he said he falling in love with her. To me, there is a difference. (Maybe not to awkward Brad though. :-)) I don't remember any bachelor or bachelorette ever saying either of those things to anyone though (until the final rose is given and it's down to just "the one").

Brad did say something about breaking the rules two weeks ago when he told Emily he was going to give her a rose while they were on her date. I don't think he said those words last night ("break/ing the rules") but I think he told Emily that he probably shouldn't say anything/"this" before he told her he was falling in love with her too.

I like Brad, he seems like a really nice guy. He is often uncomfortable though. I think next week is going to be really uncomfortable for him. I'll be relieved for him when that show and the whole season is over.

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
I actually see zero chemistry between him and Emily. Buy I see fire with him and Chantal.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
What I'm wondering.... he said that he thought Ashley would be one of the final two. So, in spite of not seeing it with her, he must have had some pretty strong feelings for her.

Makes me wonder which of the other two he would have let go.... to keep Ashley.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I think Emily is the girl he has a crush on but it is like a fairy tale illusion, and with Chantal he has the chemistry but doesn't see her as his vision of what he is looking for. Don't think he found true love in either of them. But I think he will make a choice this time. Think he will choose Chantal and Emily will be the next Bachelorette.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I just don't see Emily as the next Bachelorette. She seems too shy and reserved. I could see Chantal being it. She seems more at ease socially. Time will tell, since I've heard the opposite, also. I just think he should have let Emily go long before this if he knew it would be Chantal. He's let things go too far with a much younger woman who's already experienced far too much grief and had to grow up fast to be a mom, in her young life, to let her go now. Maybe she decides she can't give it all to him, from the preview?

Sportygirl

06-14-2005

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportygirl a private message Print Post    
Karuuna - you read my mind. If Brad really wanted Ashley in the final 2 which of the others girls was he going to get rid of? Also if he really is falling in love with Emily but her cold feet turns him off, I would hate to be Chantal and feel like he picked me by default after seeing the comments he made on the show about Ashley and Emily.

Sportygirl

06-14-2005

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportygirl a private message Print Post    
I also agree with Jimmer's comments. That is probably why we didn't see their ages for the first few episodes. We'd see how much younger all the women on the show are compared to him. I'm not saying it couldn't work but as we saw with Ashley they are in different places in their life.

Mush

09-09-2002

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
I think Ashley just wasn't that into him. She looked like she didn't like "losing" but didn't mind not getting the prize. I'm not that into Brad either, come to think of it. I like Chantel a lot, and I hope that Brad doesn't pick her. She can do better.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I think the reason most of these girls are so much younger than Brad is they were probably cast when they were trying to get Chris L. from Ali's season as the next Bachelor.

Another reason I am bewildered that Ashley would be the next Bachelorette is the furthest south she is willing to move is Massachusetts.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Heck I thought she said southern Maine :-) Massachusetts is a big step!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Doesn't she live in Philadelphia now? I could be mistaken . . .

How cool was that tree house Brad and Chantal got to spend the night in? I had two thoughts: 1) how do they keep the animals away, and 2) where's the bathroom? I wouldn't be able to stay there a whole night without a place to pee, and I don't know many women who could.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
BJM, I had the same questions, lol! I was thinking, yes, it is cool, but for a whole night and that is the "fantasy" suite??? I would have been scared and there probably is no plumbing. They had to stay under the net because of the bugs, so, bugs were probably flying into the sides of the netting all night. Not my idea of a fantasy overnight date.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I have been researching a trip to South Africa and was fascinated by the "treehouses." Most that I saw had bathrooms....some had outdoor showers, though. I am not going to be able to stay in one this trip, but it is on my list for a future trip!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, I thought I read that Ashley is a dentist in Philadelphia.

Since she is still going to school I think she is probably at The University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in Philadelphia.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen that new cell phone commercial where "Michelle" is stalking "Brad?"

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
The treehouse did have a potty...like a camping one. Chantal said it was on the level below the bed.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, yes! and that is soooo funny!