TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 28, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Brad (Again.): Archive through February 28, 2011 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I get the feeling sometimes that the producers may egg these folks on, to get good tv.

Like taking off tops at an SI shoot (when SI used *none* of those photos, not even on its website), or encouraging Shawntel to demonstrate embalming on Brad.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I don't think it was Shawntel's idea for him to visit the mortuary, lay on the table, etc. . . . i'd bet it was all scripted. Her family was boring compared to the high energy of the families of Chantal and Ashley.

I really liked Chantal's father also . . . wonder what kind of business he has done so well in. What a beautiful house!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Reading Chris' blog, I have decided they either need a better travel agent or the crew is trying to rack up air miles!
Seattle to Maine to California to NC????

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I thought of that too Brenda, but that is one humungous house for two people - especially for someone as young as Emily.

That didn't go unnoticed on some of the other message boards. Someone posted that it might have been the house of Emily's late fiance's parents or even her own parents, thus Ricky would have had her own room at her grandparents' house.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tex, how they air it and how they shoot it are whacky. I would suspect they started out on the West Coast with Chantal and Shawntel, and then to the East Coast with Ashley and Emily - even though they showed it completely out of whack. After the East coast dates, then it was up to NYC for the Rose Ceremony before heading to South Africa. A lot of people were bitching about it on Chris's blog that the order the HTD were shown obviously was not the order in which they were filmed.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My friend read that Emily's fiancee's parents help her and her daughter out, so maybe they helped pay for that huge house and the decorator! I wonder if she didn't get some kind of financial settlement after the crash, or an insurance payout. Either way, the house seemed quite extravagant!

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Chewie, Chantal's Dad played in the NFL for a short bit in 1979. He owns car dealerships now.

http://www.obrienautogroup.com/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, she wasn't married to him, so I would be surprised if Emily was named as a beneficiary on any life insurance policy. My money is on the the daughter receiving a financial settlement from any lawsuit that arose out of the plane crash. Being engaged to someone does not entitle you to damages from a wrongful death lawsuit; however, she could obviously file one on behalf of the daughter.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I would think her fiance's parents would be happy to take care of Emily when she has their son's daughter, especially if they are well off (I would assume so, since he's a bigwig in the racing world).

I'd also be willing to bet that the producers set up that whole thing at the mortuary. Shawntel seems like a nice, normal down-to-earth girl. Who would put a guy they like on the table like that? It was just icky and disrespectful to the family members. I don't have a problem with death and believe that funeral directors are performing a service to grieving families (when they're not taking financial advantage of them at a very vulnerable time). I don't find her line of work creepy, but making Brad lie on that table where dead people get worked on, that was extrememly creepy. The producers made her do it, for sure!

And how cute was Chantal's dog??? He looked like Giggy (from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills), only with hair! Also like a live teddy bear. Adorable!!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
well, if the producers did set it up and she agreed, i still have no respect for her for doing it. she could have refused.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Just my take on the home visits:
Chantal: best fit......Brad & Dad have alot in common. Love that she lives alone (with her critters). Proves she's at least a little independent.

Ashley: I find her a bit anoying! I also found her family to be a bit anoying!

Shawntel: Well, her Dad really blew it for her! I knew she would be the one he let go because that home visit just didn't go well.

Emily: Where's the parents? Yep, her little girl is really cute and all. I really think that she would make a good next "bach-ette" so I hope he doesn't pick her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, that whole funeral home scene had the producers' hands all over it. They totally set her up to go home last night.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I agree with BabyJaxmom, I'm sure the Hendricks take very good care of Emily and Ricky, After all she is the only child of their deceased son and they are a very wealthy family. I did think it unusual that there were no other family members or friends to support her on his visit.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought it was tacky that they had Shawnel's dad say to her it was too bad she was not home when the son of one of her teachers died.

Why bring something personal like that up on tv.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, that son that died was also one of her classmates that graduated the same yr as she did...My Daughter also graduated with her and was good friends with the guy that died.....She is 'Shantell' a nice girl but I hated that the mortuary stuff was right there in your face.....

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Chewpito, thank you for responding. I thought that it would be hard for the boy's family to have hear it brought up like that.

I didn't like to seeing the crematory oven. I have prepaid my funeral and will be cremated.
A friend of mine also wanted cremation. She said she didn't like to think about her body being burned even though she wouldn't know it was happening. She passed away last year, and was cremated. I keep thinking about what she said. That mortuary scene did put it "right there in your face.."

I didn't like it.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Besides the Nascar racing team, Hendricks also owns over 60 car dealerships. I would guess he helps to take good care of his granddaughter and her mom.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
That house Emily lives in was the one she lived in with Ricky.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Emily also has a job, but I'm sure Ricky's family helps her out.

I wasn't really offended by the mortuary stuff. My feeling is that none of us is getting out of here alive and death is just part of the journey. Once you're dead, your conscious self is in another place. The body is just an empty package. Cremation makes the most sense to me. Why should my family have to shell out for an expensive box, a plot and a headstone. Total waste of money. And when they come visit the box and the headstone, I won't be there. I'll be someplace else. I'd rather have them remember me in other ways.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm finally caught up with this week's show.

Really, the only comment I have is that I think Shawntel was the first "real" heartbreak this season. I felt so sad for her. I think she was really in love.

My only hope is left with Chantal. I really can't imagine Brad with Ashley. I can't get past seeing her as a 16 year old. And I just don't feel the connection between Brad and Emily like others do. I guess it's for them to feel, and I'm not observant enough to see it.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I saw this from Chris H. on abc.com.:

"One thing I didn't cover (in the blog) was the funeral home commercial. We put that in the show, so you could see it."

I think it's a post from ABC The Bachelor's FB page.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Tenley and Kiptyn are both big fans of Brad, and they are convinced he has found true love this time around. “He has this glow about him and he said he is incredibly happy,” says Tenley. “He said he can’t wait for the show to finish airing so he can just be with his girl. He seems genuinely happy and we can’t wait to see the outcome.”

As for the girl they would like to see with a ring on her finger, Tenley and Kiptyn both have a good feeling about Chantal O. “It’s hard to deny the chemistry between Brad and Chantal O,” says Tenley. “I think she’s a very real girl and after meeting Brad I can see how real he is so I think they’d make a great match. “Add Kiptyn, “Emily seems to be a fan favorite and for good reason. Both Chantal and Shawntel seem like strong personalities that could mesh well with Brad.”

link

Interesting that they didn't mention Ashley.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 28, 2011 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's weird but I felt very bad for Shawntel last episode. Normally, I don't take these shows very seriously and therefore find them a lot of fun. And I will admit to laughing at some of the funeral home scenes and Brad's obvious discomfort. But she put herself out there and it seems that she had some strong feelings for Brad and I felt bad seeing her rejected.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 28, 2011 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why the show didn't find more women closer to his age. That date with Ashley went from bad to worse. They are at two totally different places in their lives.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 28, 2011 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Jimmer - I said the same thing a few weeks ago.

ITA. Makes it tough to match them up for a real relationship.