TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 22, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Brad (Again.): Archive through February 22, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Who did she predict to win? I cannot tolerate the clip.. it just keeps hanging up on my computer.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Ellen was great in that interview!!! She really is a fan!

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Michelle said she thought that "his heart was with somebody else" early on and that person was Emily. She said they were like Ken and Barbie. Ellen is also predicting Emily as Brad's choice. Kind of back to who would you like to see him with versus who do you think he's actually going to pick.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I think Emily's and Brad's personalities and energy are very compatible. I think the footage that we see of Brad and Emily that might seem boring is actually highly edited so that it doesn't seem obvious that Emily is "the one."

I don't know if she is the final girl or even if she'll make it past home town dates. I'm not spoiled (hate being spoiled for the Bach. shows)...that's all just my opinion.

I do think the date with Britt probably was boring. Wow, her hair is so long. I didn't realize her hair was that long.

Re: the upcoming funeral home stuff...I think the show made them do that. I can't fault Shawntel for it. It's for ratings/buzz.

I'm looking forward to reading Chris H's and Brad's blogs and seeing the Ellen interview.

I agree about Brad being boring. He is to me too, but I think he's probably a very nice guy and means well...even if he is quite clueless about women / social interactions. I think he can and is willing to learn how to do things better. (I'm not talking about him not picking anyone last time. Sheesh...I wish he hadn't made such a big deal about the whole thing. But whatever, he's moved on and so have I. :-))

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chris H's blog

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
"What people didn't see in the episode is that Britt and I had a very mature and candid conversation about that certain spark not being there."

From Brad's blog. There is a link to it at the end of Chris H's blog.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the pix in SI yet but I agree that Chantal is a very beautiful girl. I was surprised that she was so self conscious about her figure - with her pointing it out on tv over and over again, it made it obvious that she wasn't as stick skinny as the other girls. I thought she looked great. Sad that girls feel the tremendous pressure to be so thin.

I also love that Ashley (and Britt) had not had boob jobs. Ashley was also self conscious about her body and shouldn't have been.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, February 18, 2011 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I was really proud of Brad for sending Michelle home this week. It's fairly obvious there is no sparks between him & the dentist & too many sparks between him & Michelle. His inappropriate make out session in front of the other girls was hurtful & humiliating if he has any true feelings for any of them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 18, 2011 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
All I can think is that they are all terrified that Michelle will come after them so they all feel the need to defend her.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, February 21, 2011 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Wow, Chantal's parents sure have a nice mansion.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 21, 2011 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Wow..how about Chantal's mother. She looks like
she should be on 1 of the "Housewives of -----".
She should be on an add for Botox. If he picks
Chantal, he better have and make a lot of money
because she is used to it,and this girl cries at
the drop of a hat if she doesn't get her own way.
Shawntel should never have let him lie on the
embalming table and explain the whole procedure to him. What a way to scare a guy away! I think
that Ashely seems a little immature for him.
And I still think that Emily has too much baggage and her little girl will have a hard time sharing her mother with someone else. She
still sucks her thumb and she is not a baby any
more. I think that Brad is going to have a hard
time picking someone and after the previews of
next weeks show, it should be interesting.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 21, 2011 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Could not believe the size of Emily's house! Wow! Her little girls bedroom was bigger than our house.

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Monday, February 21, 2011 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
Shawntel's father sort of put a crimp in the whole thing IMHO

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So we did see the Birman cats.. beautiful.. Chantal had a great place and super pets..

I think Shawntal put the crimp by sort of admitting that until her parents accepted him, she could say "I love you". A bit strange. But I'm sure he let her go now partly to avoid pulling her further from her parents.

Ashley does seem immature, but at the same time seems more ambitious than he is in some ways.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 1:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I see a problem with all the girls. Ashley hasn't committed to him yet, Shawntal was a little weird and her father almost made him feel guilty about her not carrying on his work, Emily's daughter would be a big problem and a lot of work on his part plus his not wanting to kiss her because her daughter was in the house was very weird to me, and Chantal will be high maintenance.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 2:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I'm sure Brad has long made his choice & it wouldn't have really mattered but all I could think is that he would never be able to lay with her without thinking of her standing over him on that embalming table.

I know she's proud of her work but she needs to hook up with another funeral director or be discreet about all the details of her work with her potential mate.

I can NOT believe he laid down on that used embalming table.

I'm assuming that her funeral home commercial was a real commercial & not a part of the show. I bet that was her Dad's idea, got to make lemonade lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If my parents had a house like Chantal's parents, I would never move out - and I'm 51-years-old.

I know they are setting up Emily to be the next Bachelorette, but if I have to listen to her talk about Ricky for an entire season I'm going to scream. It will be a rerun of Jason's season talking about his son all season long.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i kept getting distracted by Ashley's family of brunettes and Shawntal's family of blondes! LOL
I thought Chantal's dad was great.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Where was the rest of Emily's family?

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chris' blog

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the episode yet but from what I've read about it ...

I'd have no problem dating or marrying someone in Shawntel's line of work. It's a job and someone has to do it and I'm not particularly afraid of or bothered by dead bodies (LOL – I'm more afraid of some living ones).

However, she does seem rather obsessed with her work and getting him to lie down on the embalming table and going through the process in detail is a bit odd and would surely raise a flag for me. I'd guess it was some sort of test on her part but she pushed the limit with that one.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
That was a real commercial for the mortuary. Like I said above Shawntel is from my town....Her family is the main mortuary in this sm. town and I just felt it un-cool to have him on the table, describe the whole procedure.... Their family has taken care of 70% of this community deaths and it was just not cool.... wierd!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that was unwise both from a marketing viewpoint and also in consideration of their clients' feelings.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one that thought they might not have been in Emily's real house last night? I thought it was a little odd that neither of them could find the door when Brad was leaving.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I figured she was just trying to find the best route out to avoid camera/sound guys and equipment? I don't think the little girl would have been comfy in a house that is not hers.