TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 01, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Brad (Again.): Archive through February 01, 2011 users admin

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Was it Meghan that did all that weird hopping around for her exit? I was cringing for her, thinking how she would feel when she got to see the video of herself doing that.

Oh...I was cringing too! Poor Meghan!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chris H's blog

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chris H: Gotta give Stacey some credit for admitting her past cheating. I doubt she was the only one who has cheated, but she was the only one that had the guts to say so. Considering she got sent home, maybe it wasn’t such a good idea. Although at least it allowed us to even know she was on the show. I was wondering who that girl was.

LOL!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Kristen Baldwin had me lol when I read her funny recap here

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Happymom, that recap is hilarious!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else notice that when Brad and Chantal left the house in the helicopter, it was yellow, but when they arrived on Catalina Island, it was suddenly silver? How did THAT happen??? I finally decided that the yellow helicopter dropped them off at the heloport that goes to Catalina, but it threw me for a minute. I guess helicopters are probably the best way to get around the traffic in LA.

Brad's such a sucker for a story. You can just see the hook sink into his cheek every time he sits down with one of the women (even crazy Michelle!)! And I can never get over the fact that the Bachelor is always telling the women to let themselves go and fall in love with him. It seems so cruel, since you know all but one of them (or maybe not) is going to end up with a broken heart.

When Meghan was stomping out after the rose ceremony, she certainly didn't look very graceful did she? She walks like a truck driver! Girl, if you're going to wear those high shoes, you'd better learn to walk in them, especially if you're being filmed for a TV show. Ay yi yi!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
From Chris Harrison's blog:

Because our fans are incredibly observant I’m sure you noticed that the helicopter that picked them up isn’t the same chopper that dropped them off. The reason for the change is our driveway is a very tight landing area and can’t handle a big helicopter. So once they got picked up they switched helicopters for the ride out to Catalina. Told ya!

P.S. I love, love, love Dr. Drew! Some people think he's cheesy, but I think he's saved a lot of lives with his addiction therapy and that he truly cares about people. Love him!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh and from the previews for next week, Emily has an emotional time at the racetrack because her fiance was a racer and he died. Brad had no idea! But the evil producers did. Just so mean!

Ann

09-27-2005

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Didn't Emily open up and tell her story to Brad in last week's episode of The Bachelor?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Well, I think it was stupid of Brad to pull Ashley away and spend time with her when he was supposed to be giving Michelle her day. Then I think he was stupid to give Ashley a second picnic.

That is something you shouldn't do in front of jealous women. Brad is clueless.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ya think? Forrest Gump, all the way!

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 3:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Emily did tell Brad about what happened when she had her one-on-one date with him. The producers and all involved on that show know Emily's back story. Why would they put her on the group date to the track? I know I was one who said she would probably be fine since she's been around tracks plenty since Ricky died, but last night they did show she was upset. This is actually one of the things where they give you a lesson of a certain length and then allow you to drive a car around the track. It's a pretty special thing for NASCAR fans.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
My dad did one of the NASCAR drive arounds in Orlando - he loved it! someone on FORT posted she was a friend of Emily's and felt that Emily had come to terms with Ricky's death, and would be fine - -

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think they're just playing it up for drama. It's a TV show after all. They do encourage these girls to ramp up the emotions (lots of alcohol helps with that) for the show. I know Emily told Brad that her boyfriend died in a plane crash, but don't remember if she actually told him he was a race car driver. In the previews, he does say, "I had no idea!" They mislead us so much on this show though, that I try not to get too excited about what they show in the previews. Most of the stuff they try to create drama around doesn't play out the way they presented it in the previews, and some of the stuff they show never gets shown at all for some reason. I still enjoy this show, but you have to take it all with a grain of salt. It's a TV show for our entertainment, not real life.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Very true. I should know better. I guess why the preview last night caught my attention is because they showed Emily saying something about it. Previously, it had been all Brad concerned about her. So we'll find out what we actually see.

Ann

09-27-2005

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Found this article about Michelle.

'The Bachelor' contestant Michelle Money claims she had affair with NBA player Carlos Boozer
BY Shari Weiss
DAILY NEWS WRITER

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 11:44 AM

Brad Womack isn't the only person on "The Bachelor" with a sketchy past.

Contestant Michelle Money is opening up about her own mistake – an affair with a then-married NBA star – in the new issue of Life & Style.

Money, 30, told the magazine she met Chicago Bulls power forward Carlos Boozer, 29, in Salt Lake City in 2009, while he was still playing for the Utah Jazz.

At the time, Boozer was still legally married to his wife, Cindy, also known as CeCe, with whom he has three children.

The couple first filed divorce petitions in March 2009, but according to reports, attempted a reconciliation several months later before starting divorce proceedings again in August 2010.

Money admitted to Life & Style that "what I did was wrong," but insisted she thought Boozer's marriage was over.

"I should never have been so naive to assume what I was told was true," the reality star said. "I'm not trying to shy away from the fact that he was still married. I don't put that on Carlos. I don't put that on anyone but myself."

Money, who has a 5-year-old daughter named Brielle, added that she feels "terrible for CeCe for that pain she's had to go through and that I am a part of it."

"All I can do is try to do better with my life," she said. "I screwed up. But I can only try to do the best I can."

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2011/01/26/2011-01-26_bachelor_contestant_michelle_money_claims
_she_had_affair_with_nba_player_carlos_.html

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, January 28, 2011 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I saw Brad on Leno last night. He was very figety and nervous. Kathy Bates was on and she is a bachelor fan. They had some funny interactions, he gave her a rose but took it back later (joking around) because she was laughing so hard at his former last name. (He gave the rose back to her.)

He said he was born with the name Womack but later his name was changed to the other name and when he was 18(?) he changed it back because "that's my name".

It was nice to see him smile and laugh as he is so very serious and boring on the show.

Jay asked who he would have picked between Jenni and DeAnna if he "had" to pick someone and he said "DeAnna, hands down."

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, January 28, 2011 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
There was a real awkward moment when Jay asked if they have to remain celibate on the show. I think Brad eventually answered with something like that there are some women on the show with very high morals.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Brad made an appearance on E! The Soup - (I always think of it as Talk Soup) Just a funny bit here and there (clip from awkward Allie sitting down with Brad, and then another girl comes in and says my turn... )

Just interesting the guest appearances he is doing.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I can't recall another bachelor or bachelorette who seemed to do so much press mid-season.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 31, 2011 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
And Michelle gets the first rose again!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, January 31, 2011 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think that the whole show was scripted tonight.
Michelle gets the first rose and Chantal gets the
last. They asked him if they were both getting
roses and the show picked who should be first and
who should be last. They try to make it soo
dramatic! Michelle should have gone yesterday, but lets keep the villain around and make it more
exciting. And then there is the whole part with
Emily....poor girl. I think that she has too much
baggage, but she is beautiful in an articial way,
if I were a man, I would run far, far away from her. She will never forget her former fiance. At
times I don't feel like I am watching a reality
show.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I think the producer(s) are just kind of mean. I think Brad and most of the women are there to try to fall in love and hopefully find a future spouse. There is so much set up to create maximum drama...

-Michelle being the first rose pick again to make all the other women (and her) think she's no. 1.
-Brad taking women aside with special things (Alli last night and Emily last week) in front of the other women to cause more drama between the women
-maybe the Nascar date was planned by production after they knew Emily would be one of the women
-all the kissing acting scenes
-the shopping spree for Shawntel (?) and having her come back with thousands of $ of stuff in the middle of her date
-etc

I don't think Brad is the best guy to be dealing with all this. Production has created so many things designed to maximize drama that I think it may backfire.

I know Brad will pick someone and he is very happy with her. But I doubt it will last. This process is so stressful anyway, if they want it to last they should not be throwing more wrenches in there. Of course, they don't really care about the bachelor/ette or the candidates, they just want good tv.

For me, just the love story is enough to keep me watching. High drama is not keeping me there.

I think Emily is a good match for Brad actually. (Although w/o the benefit of counseling, I don't think he'd have been able to deal with himself worrying about living up to her other guy. Brad is a bit clueless about how to deal with people personally. And I don't think he wants to be that way.) Anyway, I don't think she has too much baggage. I don't think anyone should expect her to forget (or even get over) her former fiance. I think there is room in a life for more than one love of your life.

After his one on one with Chantel last week (?), I thought she was the one who would end up with him in the end. But now, I really doubt it.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chris H's blog

<beware of spoilers in the comments BELOW this blog; if you don't want to know what spoilers have predicted for final two and winner, do NOT scroll down>

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I guessed incorrectly about the possibility that they planned the nascar date after Emily had been picked as one of the women. Chris H. talks about it in his blog.

"We planned all these trips and dates before Emily was ever cast on this show..."