TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 08, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Golden Bachelor: Archive through December 08, 2023 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 10, 2023 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Jerry did say that Fantasy Suites would be different than the normal show. Hope so.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 11, 2023 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched the Women Tell All yesterday. Ellen had Jesse Palmer wiping away tears when she talked about her friendship with Roberta. That's something I've never seen a host on this show do. I'm loving Jesse as the host. He's just so much more down-to-earth than Harrison ever was. Don't miss Chris at all.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, November 12, 2023 - 2:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I liked the Golden Women Tell All much better than the chaos of the younger generation tell alls.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 13, 2023 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, while there have been a few odd things, like the wedding dresses, pretty much everything is in better taste than the regular season..

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think he loves Leslie.

He had a different expression on his face when he looked at her.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I think it’s a classic case of heart vs head. Leslie excites him, is more fun. Teresa is more stable, would be the safe choice. I think it all just depends on what he finds more important. Have we heard anything about his marriage and deceased wife? I’m just curious what kind of marriage he is used to. Maybe we’ll get a hint when they meet his family.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 3:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It sounds like he enjoyed both women on the overnight date.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 30, 2023 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
You could sure tell tonight when Gerry made his decision of who to propose to. Leslie knew too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 01, 2023 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep. I recently chose to be spoiled, so I knew it was Theresa.

Leslie coming on the show tonight, while fine, it just seemed like she hadn't moved on from whenever she found out it wasn't her and it was definitely best that he told her when he did and didn't make her dress up and all.. but $60,000 dress??? Really??

So.. they are getting married and it will be on tv January 4.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, December 01, 2023 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, Leslie said she sensed something was wrong since she knew him so well.

I think the whole of Bachelor Nation sensed it too.

They get a paid for wedding. How romantic.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, December 01, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought he’d pick Theresa after the very first date. Their history was very similar. To me, Leslie seemed more exciting to him. But, I thought she had some flags in her past that made me question whether she would be a long term partner. I thought she might be a handful. The $60k dress… I mean, really? Whereas, I thought Theresa was very caring and nurturing and would be there for him though thick and thin.

Regarding the quick marriage, I say ‘go for it’. Live life to the fullest while you can… life and all its issues will intervene for them soon enough. Enjoy, while they can, the time they have left together.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 01, 2023 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched any of the season, so take my comments appropriately. :-)

I watched the finale and like Leslie the best of the final 3 (Gerry and the 2 women). I found Gerry kind of condescending and annoying. I found Teresa a little too cloying. So they are probably a lovely couple... LOL.

Question about the Fantasy Suites: did they reveal what actually happened? Did he knock boots with both women? Inquiring minds want to know.

I really do think Leslie was right to tell him off about leading her on. That was cruel, and he just seemed on one hand to offer a bland apology, while offering excuses for it. Blech.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, December 01, 2023 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I give him a pass. All the pressure of the producers and the cameras and the short amount of time to make up your mind. Did they mention a golden bachelorette show?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 01, 2023 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, he had plenty of time to think about his behavior between the end of the show and the finale. Plenty of time.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Friday, December 01, 2023 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I still liked Leslie the best and think their lives would have meshed better, but also suspect it means he is a bit more traditional than I thought and mostly wants an adoring wife, which I believe Theresa will be. Still, I am glad Leslie gave it to him. I hate when they tell multiple people they love them in this situation and imply they are picking them - whether they are or not. He definitely drew back and good for her for not pretending it wasn’t happening. I don’t have a good feeling about things for the long term, though. But the wedding should be fun. I do think they will go through with it since it is so soon and to be televised.

And Leslie is so cool. I’ll bet she’ll have her choice of lots of men. I hope she builds up that self esteem, though. When will women realize there are all kinds of reasons people are chosen, and also why they’re not. It doesn’t mean they pick correctly.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, December 01, 2023 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I think Gary went the safe and known route in the final choice. I think he did open himself up to other exciting options.

This is the hard role in this game/show You have to get to know a lot of people in a short time and you have to open your heart to those people. If you play fair, you focus on who you are with at the time.

I think Gary really did not know until after he spent the night Talking to both women and then played it safe.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 02, 2023 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nothing was said about the obvious religious difference with Leslie, but that could be one factor, plus, at 72, I will trust him to make the choice as he was there in real life and I only saw edited footage on tv.

Also Leslie had two failed marriages, while Theresa had 42 years and a loss similar to his.

As to her being clingy, she actually had an amazing career path right up to being on the show. She was willing to retire to work on the relationship.

There was no mention of a Golden Bachelorette. The hyped the next Bachelor and the wedding on January 4.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 02, 2023 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And he refused to give any details about the Fantasy Suites.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 02, 2023 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, all I can do is comment on the body language and behavior I saw in the final episode... and she was definitely clingy. I think retiring to work on the relationship is another sign of clingyness. JMO.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, December 02, 2023 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
As much as I wasn't all that keen on Theresa, once I saw her with her family my opinion began to change. And it was clear he had a soft spot for her. So understandably she was the safe, preferred choice. Sea ITA with your 1:01 a m post, 100%.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, December 02, 2023 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Leslie hadn’t had a good track record with relationships either, which may go with the clingy vibe. Whereas, Theresa had a LT relationship like Gerry.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 02, 2023 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the idea of retiring was because they will be planning a wedding, getting married, taking the free trip to Italy from production and then figuring out how and where they settle, and she doesn't have to keep working. I dont see that as clingy at all. It isn't like they are 30 or 40 and someone just turfs a career. She's 70. He's been retired since he was in his 50s but done other things since then.

They were on Nightline last night and Katie Couric posted her interview of them on Instagram and tried hitting them with what naysayers are coming up with and they handled the questions well (and of course the comments went negative, but the interview was fine.

I wonder if he will be asked to do DWTS?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 03, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh Sea, I sure hope so!!!!! He s the perfect demographic for DWTS.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Theresa is 70 years old. Time to retire and enjoy the years she has left with her new husband!

I said weeks ago I thought it would be Theresa just because of the way Gerry seemed to mesh with her family. He and her brother really hit it off. He just seemed to be a more natural fit with her family. And they have that shared history between them. She was just the more logical choice.

I think they did "knock boots" in the Fantasy Suites, but nobody wants to talk about it. That's fine with me. I don't want to hear about it. 😄

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I knew I didn't like him.

https://share.newsbreak.com/5lz5sleuhttps://share.newsbreak.com/5lz5sleu