TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 10, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Golden Bachelor: Archive through November 10, 2023 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder where each of them lives in relation to Gerry. Or to his daughters. Relocation at their ages is complicated.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That is so true...to pick up and move away from your kids and family, not as easy when you are in your 60s 70s

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://ew.com/tv/the-golden-bachelor-cast-contestants-women/

This shows hometown for the women

Terry's home and restaurant are in Indiana.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
He should have kept Ellen. Faith is too young for him.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Sandra was my absolute favorite on the show. But, she wasn’t right for him.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, October 27, 2023 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Faith is still my fave.
Crossing my fingers for her.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, October 27, 2023 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I am so enjoying the Golden Bachelor!!
I know Gerry will find his person and I'm hoping it is Faith.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Friday, October 27, 2023 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I don’t get Theresa. She seems too child-woman. I want one of the other two to be at the end. (Though I suspect Theresa’s family is probably going to be interesting.)

I thought Susan and Sandra were mature women and fun. I hated to see them go, but they also didn’t seem to have quite the connection the others did. Ellen was too emotional.

He definitely has a type!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 27, 2023 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Loved Sandra! Susan, not so much.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 30, 2023 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was actually surprised Ellen didn't get a rose. I liked her.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Gary is so obviously in love with Faith. Theresa told him she loves him and he said that made him feel so special. He told the other two he loves them. I think it's sad they get the young kids involved at this point. It's going to be hard enough on the women who are let go. This family visit part of the Bachelor/Bachelorette feels pretty cruel to me anyway.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I hope so Makkie.

But I was charmed by Theresa's family.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, November 03, 2023 - 3:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I was too, MameB. I think Gary was charmed too.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 03, 2023 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I just don’t see it being Faith. She’s only 60 and she already told him she didn’t want to move and leave her sons or her beloved horse that she buried. She lives in Washington state and he in Indiana per Seamonkeys link. Leslie seems like she’s probably dated younger men, younger than her, so not sure about that. Leslie has a cool vibe and Gerry has a nerdy vibe.
Theresa seems best suited.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 03, 2023 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Oh, I could see Faith as the one he choses. Saw it from the beginning. She’s full of spirit, which I suspect makes him feel younger. Having said that, I don’t think it would last if they ended up together. I could see he and Theresa lasting the long haul. I guess we’ll find out soon.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 03, 2023 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Theresa was more nurturing to him, probably like his wife. He still comments to her about the hand on his shoulder when driving that car on the first one on one date.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, November 03, 2023 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
If not Faith, then, can't believe I'm saying this, but then I agree Theresa seems most likely.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Theresa seemed a bit 'goofy' to me in the beginning.

She has grown on me, and I liked her family the best.

He has my blessing to marry Theresa.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
All nice families. The third with all the mensch talk made me wonder if they discussed religious differences at any time, hopefully off camera and may not be an issue.

I am team Theresa but right now on the show, we don't know if she even makes final 2.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
article

That is about people criticizing inclusion of grandchildren, though one comment didn't like adult children being involved. No spoilers there.

Heck, I was just grateful that they didn't include fantasy suites.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The grand kids had fun.

They got to be on tv!

Their friends will be jealous.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought they all knew what they signed up for.

Also, some of these same women may be in contention for Golden Bachelorette, or may just attract a decent local guy, which would be easier with no relocation issues.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I think all the women are likeable, as are their families. I still think Theresa is very emotional and needy, but if he needs to be needed at that level, there’s certainly nothing wrong with that. I see the most chemistry with Leslie, but also could see him compatible with Faith. Faith was the most direct about the future and did’t seem very willing to compromise. That may impact.

I hate when they tell multiple women they love them. I recognize the emotional situation they are in and how they have those feelings, but it seems like a fake promise when you’re looking for a “one and only”.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, November 09, 2023 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh, can I make it through one single episode of The Golden Bachelor without balling my eyes out? Lol I'm telling you...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 10, 2023 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was relieved that they seemed to be skipping Fantasy Suites, and now next week.. Fantasy Suites.