TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 02, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Golden Bachelor: Archive through October 02, 2023 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Any thoughts?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought it was interesting. He seemed to be a better conversationalist than most of the younger bachelors. He clearly had a connection with multiple women so far. We’ll see how it goes. I’m glad that the women are all shapes and sizes cause we of that age are varied in sizing. It feels more adult than the regular shows.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm taping it. I haven't watched last night's episode.

I haven't watched any of the past seasons but I am looking forward to watching this one.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I read Shorter hours on taping and earlier dates.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Nothing wrong with earlier hours.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking there is going to be some serious heartbreak that is going to make ME cry...let alone the women at the villa.

Gerry is such a nice guy, I can't see him getting through this emotionally unscathed either. I bet he doesn't even do the finale between the two women. That he just lets the woman he doesn't pick go home before. Or maybe even do a Clare (Crawley), where he let's everyone go home half way through because he knows who he wants? I just can't envision him playing the field between several ladies.

I loved Aunt Chippy lol. Surprised after all I was hearing about Matt James mom being on, that she didn't make it past the first episode.

The women are all stunning, look fabulous and have a personality and a half. How they managed to still look so good the morning after, waiting for the Rose Ceremony is beyond me. I would have definitely been Aunt Chippy asleep on the couch. For the most part, except for 2 or 3, I don't see them being at each other's throats? I'll probably eat my words later lol

I noticed...Gerry seemed to be drinking OJ. Many of the women had water in their wine glasses...and none seemed to be even the least bit tipsy. Yes! Hopefully this trend continues. I'm all for a grown up version of this franchise. I hope .....

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it but I’m the same age as the women.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 2:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was ok.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
i enjoyed it. But yes, I think it's going to be harder to watch than the youngins -- so much emotion. Widows and people not much younger than each of my parents were when they died. I did like that the youngest woman is 60, none in their 50's as I recall. So apprpirate age-wise for him. He seems like a really nice guy.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
When the put out the casting call for the show, they had the minimum age as 60. I was surprised they actually stuck to it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Never watched the Bachelor/Bachelorette but made a point to watch this. So far it's terrific. Some of the sleazier women's behaviour was pathetic and hard to watch. Perhaps because of their age, (same as mine), or I'm just a prude. Lol. Otherwise I'm loving it.

Honestly, to me a few of the raunchier women seemed to be auditioning for the position of mistress/side-piece. Thankfully most seem to realize he's looking for a wife. If I sound old-fashioned and judgemental, so be it.

Gerry is SUCH a gentleman, I hope he ends up with a woman of quality. I wonder how they found him. So far, he really is Golden. Also, what is/was his profession?

Oh Lordy, I sound like my mother... 'woman of quality'... yeesh!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mame that behavior is a hallmark of this show..

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I know, but I'm factoring in their ages, and expected some decorum. Silly me. If these women are seriously looking for marriage, salacious behaviour seems like a counterproductive choice, especially if they know they are being televised. I guess age really is just a number, and people are who they are.
Also, I suppose it gives them more camera time. And surely the producers encourage it.

First impressions: I like the beautiful, elegant, East Indian woman.

And the brunette who serenaded him with the guitar. She strikes me as kind and intelligent. Not sure, but I THINK she's the motorcycle lady. Is she the one he gave the special rose to? There are 2 brunettes he likes I get mixed up. One of them practically swallowed his face in a slobbery kiss. Ack! Gerry certainly wasn't complaining. Lol

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I finally watched Episode 1. Gary is such a beautiful man, inside and out as far as I can see through TV editing. I hope he finds love again and a good woman to marry.

A very nice looking group of women came out the the limos.

I loved that Jimmy Kimmel's aunt (84 years old) was one of the women who came out of the limo. She was a hoot!

Mame, Gary did give the first impression rose to the woman who rode in on the motorcycle and serenaded him with her guitar. I really liked her from the get go, even before the serenade. And I agree with you on the East Indian woman, such an elegant/beautiful woman.

I'm going to enjoy watching the Golden Bachelor.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought the Indian woman was one of the prettier ones too. Did she get any speaking part?
The one that said she was comfortable with 6 inches made it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Am I right that the gal who hobbled in on the Walker was the one necking with him later on (she was slobbering his face, yuck!?) I think she's another favourite of his and I get her mixed up with the motorcycle gal.

Eggie,I thought Jimmy's aunt was a hoot, especially once I realized she isn't really a competitor, just there for laughs. Also she's in her 80s, older than anyone else there, including Gerry.

Gerry's name is a bit odd. Looks like Jerry, and sounds like Gary.

LC I do think the Indian gal said something, but wasn't given mimuch camera time at all.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Typo mimuch = much

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
And if this goes well...the next one is The Golden Bachelorette? I think it will be much harder to find that many men to be on the show. Bet most will be younger?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed the show. I would date Gerry if I were single. He seems like a really nice guy, and I love his beautiful dog!

Mameblanche, Gerry is a retired restauranteur. The really tall dark-haired woman Patty is Matt James' mom. She went home first night. I was hoping she'd go further.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
BJM,thx, but who is Matt James?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He was The Bachelor in 2021

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ok. Thx

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Mame, thanks for the head's up on Gerry's name which is pronounced like "Gary". I wonder if this is an Irish name?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm just now getting to my recording of the premiere and I can't believe Aunt Chippy is there! I love her! I think everyone who watches Jimmy Kimmel loves Aunt Chippy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Susan Has the Kris Jenner look, but without all the plastic surgery.