TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 28, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelor Zach Shallcross: Archive through February 28, 2023 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
But I'm talking about the two girls that said they couldn't see how they looked, how did their hair look... And the one that said that it was better that she couldn't see the little square with her face in it because she gets distracted and would stare at herself the whole time.....lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1, I understand what she was saying. It is distracting seeing yourself in the corner of the screen! And I agree with Sea that you need to be able to see yourself to make sure your image isn't being chopped off or something else weird is happening. I hate seeing myself on video! I always look like I have 3 chins and look older than I think I am.

Here's my recap of the full episode, for anyone who's interested: https://www.realitytea.com/2023/02/21/bachelor-season-27-episode-5-recap-zach-makes-bachelor-history-with-the-first-ever-virtual-rose-ceremony/

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm not saying you don't need to see yourself to position your head lol Have done plenty of video calls, zooms etc....never have found the sweet spot where I like what I see. But I don't get mesmerized by my own image..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The tears:

All but one get sent home, so it can be brutal.

But who gets rewarded by going on to BIP? Cryers.

And what is a technique many use to get sympathy and/or attention? Crying.

And who gets more confessional footage? Cryers and whiners.

And, I'm guessing, what is encouraged by production? Crying and drama.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol. Bingo Sea

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
But would we even watch this show if there was no drama? It would be boring without the cryers and the whiners for us to mock! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Maybe Zach will cut back on those prolonged kisses now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I vwould watch without manufactured drama. Never started watching BIP.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read an article about them dealing with COVID and OMG, they have a Schedule! And he set up all the equipment! And they never had to deal with someone testing positive!

Babyjax, I enjoy your recaps!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Sea! I really appreciate that. โค๏ธ

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Keep posting your links...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Reality Steve says...Zach isnโ€™t the only one to contract coronavirus. At least one of the women on the season allegedly also comes down with the virus. And I'll bet there has to be staff involved?

Reality Steve doesn't know yet which girl(s) also got it...but he is probably going to find out soon. He said he doesn't think the 2 girls that got sent home, tested positive.

I just don't get what all the secrecy is about? They are treating it like they gave each other a venereal disease or worse lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It wasn't like they were masking or following any protective protocols, except for testing.

And maybe everyone they came into contact with was tested but things slip through.

I still don't get why Gabi wasn't being quarantined, along with production staff from that date. Gabi sitting on that couch was sort of a red flag, no matter how she tested.

I don't get the secrecy either..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I would think it was Gabi, cause she spent the whole day with him before he got sick. I'm sure they tested her, but maybe it hadn't had time to incubate yet. He must've come in contact either in the Bahamas or while traveling. I loved last season of the Bachelorette when they were semi-isolated on the cruise ship!

I'm sure they all have to be vaccinated before being on the show (just like they have to submit to STD testing). Maybe it's just not as big a deal as it was before the vaccine was available, but even if it's no longer life-threatening for most people, there's still lost production time. I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now.

Kaitlyn Bristowe spilled the beans about some of the footage of Zach being sick at the hotel was actually filmed later in LA, since they didn't have access to him when he was really sick. Here's a link to the article I wrote just today:

https://www.realitytea.com/2023/02/24/kaitlyn-bristowe-says-footage-of-bachelor-zach-shallcross-sick-with-covid-in-his-london-hotel-room-was-actually-shot-in-l-a/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
If you're interested, here's a link where you can check on all the articles I write as they're published:

https://www.realitytea.com/author/debbie/

I mostly write about Bachelor Nation, but I also recap Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, when they're on.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, when they showed that footage of him "sick" grabbing a tissue, it looked like he was acting to me. I figured they filmed it after he was feeling better. not weeks later in LA!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was surprised they would be allowed to film him, since he was supposed to be in isolation. I didn't put two and two together, until I read Kaitlyn's comments. D'oh!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They could have left the equipment for him. He was isolated, but presumably they didn't leave him to starve, so food was delivered, and probably some medications, at least for symptoms.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
He was in a hotel. Room Service was readily available, although they surely left it at his door. I'm sure he also had medical attention, and everyone wore masks. He wasn't left on his won.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They probably did exactly what Kaitlin(?) the nurse did when she brought him the basket. She left the basket and he waited a bit to open the door and grab it. She probably received a number of brownie points from Zach for leaving the care package basket.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The Bachelor shows, all have a history of showing things out of sequence. In fact I expect it. There never was a doubt in my mind that some of those segments were filmed later.

We don't know if anyone other than Kaity visited Zach through the door of his hotel room. Others might have called or visited, or brought presents...but they only showed Kaity. They are building a story...so this is probably part of it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Previews for next episode do not disappoint, in the over the top drama department lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's my recap for last night's episode. I was really hoping the drama between Kat and Brooklyn would come out. I'm totally on Brooklyn's side. And how young is Jess??? She's only 23, but she's very immature. Did you realize she was the only one who hadn't had a one-on-one? Geez. Fight for yourself girl. If she were on The Traitors, she would have murdered herself. ๐Ÿ™„

https://www.realitytea.com/2023/02/28/bachelor-season-27-episode-6-recap-kat-steals-charitys-time-and-zach-sees-naked-people/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Kat was ridiculous. And then refused to own her faux pas. "I have to take my moment". I'm surprised Zach didn't see how rude her kissing him was when he was there for another date.

I felt bad for Jess. She is one of the youngest, but her approach wasn't good for this situation. Yes, be sad when you're with the other girls, but when you're with Zach, put your best foot forward.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Jess is young, she was insecure and not getting a date week after week got to her. She was being honest with him about how she felt. He was playing dumb that he did not understand why she was upset.

He knew and he turned it around on her not being "secure in our connection".

He was very fake in that moment, esp the tears.