TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelor Zach Shallcross: Archive through February 21, 2023 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, January 24, 2023 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
And let the tears begin...lol It started off with a bang.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2023 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Especially whichever woman was seen weeping in what looked like a storage area with he thong toward the camera, so they could zoom in at least twice to create an awkward moment.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, January 24, 2023 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol can't wait for that. It seems like every year at least 2 or 3 of them are crying on the staircase.

This year, Madison didn't even make it to the Rose Ceremony. That's what you get when you've already had time with The Bachelor...Then you interrupt the girl hes speaking to (I hate when they do that) to speak to him again, and you force a kiss. Then you strong arm him to declare his interest in you. It did not go her way lol

Well one thing I can say, I'm looking forward to... Zach has said he is going to be straightforward and honest. He didn't get that during his season of Bachelorette with Rachel. That's why he bowed out. He said if you're looking for someone to be honest open and no drama for the sake of drama....This is your season

Somehow I don't think the show is going to let that happen. They're going to try to fabricate as much drama as they can. They are probably going to cause him a meltdown

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 24, 2023 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep. Meltdown in previews.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That woman who fell apart before the rose ceremony. Where do they find these women? there are 30 girls there and you expect him to declare his love for you on night one?! It's a weird combo of insecurity and over confidence.

I'm hoping we finally get a 'normal' season, like a Sean season, where there is a solid match at the end.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched on Monday because nothing else was on. To me, Zach was very ‘flat’ in the conversations that I saw. It was talk about something, then get to kissing. Boring to watch for me. Kept hoping I’d see something a bit more normal. But, I didn’t.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Brenda, It's a weird combo of insecurity and over confidence.

Also copious amounts of alcohol. Her neediness went up the drunker she got.

I read that the woman having a meltdown on the staircase is Christina Mandrell (she admits it's her). And that's not her thong showing. From previous shots of her at an apparent pool party, that's her swimsuit and she was wearing a sheer coverup. Either way, pretty embarrasing. Also most likely alcohol induced.

I like Zach. At least he seems to be trying to find a partner. He is kissing a lot of them, but he's a guy (kid in a candy store syndrome). Looking forward to this season.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think he is in it for love. If he’s not a player in his real life and he chooses a woman who’s not an aspiring actress or model, they could go the distance. I read he doesn’t have a lot of experience with women and that may be a good thing.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I like Zach. But Bachelor Nation has an uncanny way to bring out the worst in everyone

He removed himself on Rachel's season Because she all of a sudden went all weird on him. Saying that he was too young to have a relationship and get married. Then why did she drag him that far? I don't blame him. If things get crazy with production, he might just walk out on them. I kind of like that he has boundaries which he won't compromise for a TV show... Of course I might eat my words later lol

I'll allow for too much alcohol on that first night. I've read that The Rose Ceremony often doesn't happen until the sun comes up. I'm sure girls must be tired and stressed. Probably have touched their hair and make up a dozen or more times. But every year there is at least ONE that has some bizarre behavior.

I always feel bad for those that wear some costume...Then they're stuck in it. That doesn't happen too often with the girls. But with the guys there's always several. Remember the guy that came as a table with his head sticking through it with the serving dome on top? He had to wear the table all night long. His legs were cramping lol

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I like that Zach made sure to at least talk to everyone. The first group date was the planned group date. The second group date was the one to get to talk to everyone. No one got sent home without at least a chance to connect. And he sent the BAD packing. She was the drama production was hoping for.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That BAD B... with the returnees who I never wanted to see again, was just counterintuitive if Zach actually wants to get married and settle down. Cringeworthy and then one of them staying, obviously egged on by production.. just seems like this whole situation is stressful enough without that sort of crap. Thank goodness for record and fast forward.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, so glad he sent her home. I feel like Zach is not going to fall for that kind of stuff. He seems very sincere in why he's there, and it's not "for good tv".

And I like they he didn't really want to hear who said "I hate you -- JK" to the America Rose gal. I feel like she's had a bit of a chip on her shoulder since night one -- it's like she's expecting girls to resent her so is playing that card, and they really aren't concerned with her at all. I'm sure he felt like he should give her another chance since America picked her, but I don't see love happening with her. And while I really don't enjoy that kind of joking, it wasn't mean spirited IMO and she just needs to get over it and realize the Mandrell lady has that kind of sense of humor and just stay away from her. I think it's find to say "I don't enjoy that and it hurts my feelings", but enough with playing the victim card over it. However, it does look like things heat up next week with more sassy words from Mandrell, so maybe she's onto something! Even then, the ladies should know by now to focus on their relationship and stay out of the drama. Guys don't like the drama!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And why is her last name "Mandrell?" Christina's mom is Irelene Mandrell and her dad was Rob Pincus. On her mom's Wiki she's listed as Christina Pincus. She's just using Mandrell, cause it's a more recognizable name. I remember watching the Mandrell Sisters show when I was a teenager. My dad had a soft spot for Irlene, cause she was the youngest and he had three daughters, too.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, February 04, 2023 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
When Brianna first said she had been attacked, I struggled to remember any incident of that nature. I figured they hadn't shown it yet. I never really warmed up to her from the beginning. There was just something about her comportment.

When they showed the clip of the girl telling her that she loved her dress and that she was so pretty and then she said "I hate you". I laughed.

People use that saying all the time. It's is used as a compliment. Brianna certainly must know this...but yet used this to garner sympathy from Zach. She tried earlier to say she was being bullied but he didn't fall for it then either.

I was so happy Zach was not interested in the fake drama. But disappointed he didn't just send her home. I'm hoping she goes next week. What a great response from the girl that she confronted later. I don't know that I would have been that gracious.

When they had the 3 drama queens show up from other seasons I was moaning...nooooo. Tahzjuan trying to put herself in the mix....why would anyone want a self proclaimed "b-word" to be added?

They had a whole segment about the girls doing a puppet show that was cut from the episode. I guess so they could show the whole talk with Zach and Tahzjuan. She was so rude to all the girls.

But that's what Zach promised us all...he was not interested in drama. I think they will keep throwing things at him. I think he is a good guy. And I think He's gonna have a breakdown at some point because of production. Poor guy.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 1:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Brianna just HAD to spit out a name. Granted, Christina is a Shanea clone..lol. Glad Brianna removed herself, glad he got rid of Christina. Two less spoons to stir the pot. I was surprised he sent Bailey home...I thought she was sweet

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Brianna was a whiny, crybaby. He'd already told her once that he didn't want to know who said what, but she just couldn't resist throwing Christina under the bus (and backing over her a couple of times) before she left. It was so stupid. When Christina said "I hate you," it was totally a joke. She'd told Brianna what a cute dress she was wearing and jokingly said "I hate you . . . just kidding." It was immature and stupid, but Christina apologized when Brianna told her it hurt her feelings. She just couldn't let it go. Ugh. I actually felt sorry for Christina.

If you want to read my entire recap of the show, it's here:

https://www.realitytea.com/2023/02/07/bachelor-season-27-episode-3-recap-im-not-here-to-make-friends/

BTW, does anybody know how to access the East Coast feed of this show without a TV provider (we stream everything)? This staying up till all hours writing up the show from the West Coast feed is killing me. Anyone?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Brianna had some issues. I think it was wise she left because she can't seem to take a joke and is too sensitive and closed off.

I'm honestly glad she told Zach about Mandrell because she needed to be knocked down a peg. Yes, she was insufferable about always reminding the girls about her one on one. And does she think she's going to get every date rose for herself? No, you shouldn't be fake nice to someone, BUT you can just shut your trap! You don't need to share every minute how you think you have the best relationship and can't believe he didn't give you the rose! Just have some manners. Not every minute is about YOU.

As for Zach, I'm glad he got rid of her, but I suspect much of that decision was his semi-freak out about her having a kid. And I get that. I didn't want to date people with kids or ex spouses when I was that young.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn’t think Christina was much of a villain, I think the other 2-3 girls were hypersensitive. In any event, I’m sure we will see Christina again on Bachelor In Paradise.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
No she wasn't really a villain, just so self-absorbed! So red flag around that! And yes, she's likely be a hoot on PAradise.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
When she spoke out at the group date about not getting the rose, I thought to myself, "That is a person who talks too much when she drinks."

Then at the pool party, when Zach was talking to her about things, she could not defend herself. Then the crying sitting on the ground....

I thought she still looked drunk at the rose ceremony.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Christy, I absolutely agree with everything you said. Christina seemed very young and very self-absorbed. She did not know when to shut her mouth. She seemed to have been pampered and spoiled her whole life, and never taught to be aware of other people's feelings. I don't think she's a bad person, just immature and self-absorbed. I hope they bring her back for Paradise. I love that show!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh...is it me...or has the crying on this show risen to a new level. They are crying for everything. Including, crying because you have a teacup tattoo and Zach didn't take YOU to high tea. Crying because someone got a pretty dress and some Jimmy Choo shoes. Are you there for Zach or a new wardrobe. Crying because you didn't get the one on one date (ok that we are used to). Crying because Zach has covid...wait what? Ok...you can cry for that.

Why didn't anyone else get it? Strange. I thought Gaby would get it for sure. They were together the whole day before. Or were they?

They filled all the extra time with flashbacks with Katie and Zach flashbacks.

Charity can cry...virtual one on one? That sucks. Virtual Rose Ceremony...I actually liked it better than the regular ones! Every girl got to talk to him, by themselves, with no one eavesdropping. No one could interrupt or steal Zach away.

Not so good for the girls that leave and can't even get a Zach-goodbye-hug. Though I think he sent the right girls home

I know the media is saying Zach is boring. But so far I'm really appreciating his genuineness.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh, other favorite Zoom Cocktail party moment...that the girls were commenting they couldn't SEE themselves! LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 2:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As someone who does a lot of zooms, it does help to see yourself if only to make sure your image is not cut off in some odd ways.

And I agree.. Why didn't they isolate Gaby? And where was he that he got COVID and no one else? At least he wasn't on the group date, spreading the virus all over London.

And the FaceTime one on ones were great! No sloppy kisses or stupid tricks, and so nice to have no interruptions!

The two who went home probably got more time than the would have.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, the group zooms and not being interrupted were good. And I understand about not seeing yourself -- you want to know that your whole face is in the camera and in a flattering way.

I thought for sure they would isolate the lady from that long one on one date. Makes no sense that they had her mingling with the other ladies. As soon as he didn't feel well, she should have isolated as well. So strange that she didn't get sick too!

And yeah, the crying. So much crying! this process is not for the faint of heart or the self doubters, and we seem to have a lot this season.