TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 21, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelorettes - Gabby and Rachel 🌹: Archive through September 21, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 12, 2022 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, lol...and someone had quite a few conversations with a parrot? Was it Clare?

I also live in SoCal. Got up to 110 in my backyard. Thankful for the rain yesterday.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We got up to 114. Sacramento was 116! That's just crazy. I grew up in Sac, and it was NEVER that hot when I was growing up. No rain here. Please send it our way.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh my GAWD....For some reason, I thought tonight was the final episode lol I can't take it anymore.

Gabby cries tonight..."I feel like I’m so sick of this”....my sentiments exactly girl

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 1:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Aven and Erich are two great guys who not only were falling in love with these women but recognized the need for more time to develop a real relationship away from the cameras before actually getting married. The nerve of them! That might actually lead to a real and lasting relationship. Again, the nerve of them.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had the same thought. I have to endure two more hours of this!

Yes, these girls so want an ENGAGEMENT! The shiny ring?! How about finding a life partner? Isn't that this is what it's all about? What good is an ENGAGEMENT when they break up 3 months later. Try to find something lasting. I'm not sure who eggs them on to think that ENGAGEMENT is the only acceptable outcome?!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol Rachel was almost like a child having a tantrum. I want an proposal, I want and engagement, you PROMISED me an engagement.

I think it was just like when she said she felt humiliated when they chose Gabby "in front of everyone". Not as in, I really liked that person, I'm so sad he didn't choose me. Now it's about saving face in front of her family and the audience.

Gabby at this point is a mess. She was down to only one bachelor (well so was Rachel really lol). She will take a friendship ring at this point. I think she will be okay with just a relationship and no proposal?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I feel your pain, y'all! I'm so over this show. I'm actually having to force myself to watch it. I feel like I'm doing penance. I used to be so engaged (ha! See what I did there?) in the events of this show, now it seems to just draaaaaaaaaag.

Rachel is so very immature. When she was having her meltdown in front of Aven over being engaged, I couldn't help thinking, "Rachel, you're a dumbs**t." She threw away a guy who loved her and who she really loved, because she was insisting on an engagement before he was ready to do it. I also couldn't help thinking that Aven dodged a bullet. Can you imagine living with someone who absolutely falls apart and sobs like that when they don't get their way? Go find yourself a grownup, Aven, someone who will support you, will be your teammate and someone who will love you for who you are--not just for doing what they want you to do.

And Gabby's not much better with her, "Am I so broken that I'm unloveable?" I'm over it. I think this show has run its course.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I blame casting for picking immature people, and production for pushing this whole "engagement" thing. Remember back in the day. We had seasons where a "promise ring" was given. We had happy endings that didn't involve a rushed engagement. I'd really like to see a dating show. Not a "housewives" type of event.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I know from experience (mine and others') that forcing a man to put a ring on it can spell the end of the relationship. These things have to happen over time. A guy worth having is a guy worth waiting for. Both of these women are idiots for thinking they have to let these good men go, cause they don't want to propose right now. If they were smart, they would realize that going into the future together as a couple and allowing time to get to know each other is a much better plan than getting engaged to some relative stranger and breaking up in a few weeks' time. If he's the right guy, the ring will come in time. You can't force it or pressure him into something he doesn't want to do.

This show is painful. I've had root canals that were less excrutiating.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think the premise of this show is outdated. It's conception is now 20 years old. But if you remember, it didn't even work 20 years ago. In fact, the first Bachelor refused to propose. They left as a "dating" couple, then later broke up.

The pressure production puts on the participants to end with a proposal is not only ridiculous and horse and buggy outdated...but downright (not even borderline) mess with your mind cruel.

I think maybe they now pick Bachelor/Bachelorette they think are malleable. Remember when Clare was on? Very head-stronge woman. She decided half way through that she had found her man. She wasn't interested in continuing the charades. They tried to convince her for weeks to continue. She finally forced their hand.

Suzie also said, Nope not doing this the way you want. She stepped out leaving Clayton and us, with these two feeble soles....and STILL got the guy in the end. Under her own terms.

How about the ones that, Oops, chose the wrong one and either switched after the end or broke up immediately.

It's time. Rework the end goal. It can be a get down on one knee proposal...but it can also be a stand up, hand holding, declaration of falling in love and exploration of the future. Or...it might be a sorry, didn't find a love connection, so I'm leaving without a relationship....

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 16, 2022 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Clare bailed out after only two weeks. I used to like her (local girl), but now I'm over her.

There have been lots of contestants (mostly the men) who've decided to continue the dating relationship for a while, rather than propose. Charlie O'Connell comes to mind. He and his pick dated for 5 years before calling it quits.

And the ones who unceremoniously dump their initial pick (Jason Mesnick and Ari Luyendyk) were the worst. I felt so bad for Melissa and Becca having to have their breakups filmed for TV. So humiliating!

This show is just humiliating in general. You're right. It's outdated.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, September 16, 2022 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
the Jason thing was messy but look at him now. One of the few success stories. Married with kids!
I'd rather see more of the "let's date" then these forced engagements.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 16, 2022 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Let's date is really a better outcome, but I think they want the wrapped up with a bow happy ending with the sponsored pricey diamond ring.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Everyone ready and geared up for the 3 hour (train wreak?) season finale tonight? There has been so much behinds the scenes chaos going on...still going on...even extending into the next season of the Bachelor...already

Should be interesting...lol

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Rachel's dad looks like he's going to wring Tino's neck when he steps foot onto the stage.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol Rachel's dad is scary when he's smiling let alone when he is mad

Buba1113

07-20-2009

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buba1113 a private message Print Post    
Did he kiss or did he do the dirty?

Buba1113

07-20-2009

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buba1113 a private message Print Post    
I am so sick of Rachel. I can see why she is single. Is she an attorney? She is a very good at debate.

Buba1113

07-20-2009

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buba1113 a private message Print Post    
I have dishes to do I must go before I lose it on my tablet1

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Buba, sounded to me like all he did was kiss someone and they realized it was a mistake. Rachel does not know how to have a productive conversation to reach a conclusion. She has a lot of growing up to do.
I said last week in another forum that she was going to change her mind and go back to Aven. Aven should run for the hills right behind Tino!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes, I thought she was being too hard on Tino. Of course he shouldn’t have done what he did ( a kiss) but I didn’t understand what she wanted him to say.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad to see like minded conclusions about Rachel! This girl is a train wreck. So high needs. Sounds like she was falling apart as the show started to air. No wonder Tino had a moment of weakness and ego boosting when she was such a mess. I agree that Aven needs to RUN! Rachel is just not ready for a real partnership. She's so distraught about the season starting that she won't go meet Tino for "happy couple" weekends. She talks about not wearing the ring. And he still says he wants to continue the relationship?! They had so many "private" issues, why bother trying to work it out. Sounds like they were not a good match anyway, kiss or no kiss!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
And I cannot believe how they dragged this on for THREE hours?! Sheesh. The last hour was so boring. And poor Zach seemed so uncomfortable meeting those women. I do like Zach and I hope he does well as the Bachelor.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I can't get over Gabby's dress.

Was that something from Dancing with the Stars?

Did Tino only kiss the other girl?

Rachel did tell Tino that she was not going to wear the ring? Tino dodged a bullet.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It was maddening to me that they kept dancing around what actually happened. They didn't start out with a full explanation of what was going on. We had to piece it all together. When Rachel at the beginning says he cheated on her. We don't know what the heck happened. We thought it was much worse. Not that kissing another person after you are engaged is not a big thing. But this isn't a regular engagement. Let's face it.

They kept alluding to things that were private. They didn't want to put it on the air. So that leaves us wondering what it was, that Rachel didn't want him to talk about.

Then the cryptic thing that he said about her going to therapy and was doing so well. That she put the work in....that just made me conjure up other notions about what was going on

Reality Steve had said that Aven was asked by production to come back and ask Rachel out. That he didn't give it any more weight than that.

I thought that putting him on stage while Tino was still there, was super awkward and in bad taste. He was looking around to go off stage but was looking at Jesse for a cue where to go...Jesse just never said anything

You know what else was super awkward? Having the first five girls come out on stage to meet Zach. THEN to have AMERICA vote on who got the First Impression Rose. It just felt like now instead of just him making this decision and perhaps them feeling rejected. The girls now feel like they've been rejected or judged by the entire viewing audience. Much more detrimental. This could possibly, subconsciously influence his decisions whether to keep them or not.

Then Jesse asks him to name all the girls! Not even like it's a joke and then they laugh about it for a second and move on. Nooooo he stands there expecting an answer. It seemed like forever. I was dying for poor Zach.

Then as he is holding America's vote in his hands... he leans over and asks Zack who he thinks name is in that envelope. AGAIN...insisting on an answer. Zach says no way and Jesse insists... says just say it in my ear and I won't tell anyone. "Come on" he keeps saying to Zach. Thank God Zach leaned over and whispered very loudly in Jesse's ear...."No!"

I know everybody else likes Jesse. But I do not. All of this just reinforced my dislike of him.