TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelorettes - Gabby and Rachel 🌹: Archive through August 02, 2022 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This started last night. They greeted the arriving Bachelors together, then had one on ones, but not with every guy.

Each gave out a first rose.

There were 5 guys they had each talked to (including a pair of twins) that neither of them wanted to move on with, so they called them aside and said goodbye.

Back inside, they said they wanted to continue meeting each guy, so, much to the relief of the men who had not gotten time, they cancelled the rose ceremony.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I thought they only sent 3 home? Anyway, I liked the no rose ceremony. It would have taken FOREVER.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Right. They sent the twins and one other home. 32 men are left. Still too many for me to wrap my head around. I'll get them all figured out when there aren't so many. Too many references to Clayton (read that Clayton feels cyberbullied). There were a couple of really like, but again there are so many I can't keep them all straight!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 1:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought it was 5, but I have to admit I was sort of in eyes glazed over mode by then.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 1:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, they needed to v just forget Clayton, but then one guy that referred to reclaiming the stairs was rewarded with a first impression rose from Rachel.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's going to work well... having two Bachelorettes together. Especially these two. They still have PTSD from the last show. So I can see this getting incredibly emotionally tangled. They both are probably so wary of looking duped again on television.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't get the reference about the stairs. I actually watched all of Clayton's season (sadly), but don't remember anything about stairs. Admittedly, my memory is not what it used to be. Can anybody refresh things for me? Thanks!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
IF I remember correctly...at The Rose Ceremony in Ireland when Clayton told the two girls that he slept with them both and that he had told Suzie he loved her. Then told them that Suzie had left because she would not tolerate that he slept with the other two girls. So it made the girls think he was keeping them only because Suzie had left. Made them feel like they were chopped liver.

The girls ran off the Rose Ceremony set, ending up on the stairs crying hysterically. The producers sat on the stairs trying to talk them out of leaving.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 2:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah. Thanks, Sincebb1. I'd forgotten about the sobs echoing throughout the cathedral. What a train wreck.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I swore I was not going to watch the Bachelorette again, but Comcast taped it, so here I am again.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 19, 2022 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one that found the men in speedos segment, highly degrading and objectifying?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 19, 2022 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No, you're not, Sincebb1. I'm glad they didn't drag it out too long, since it was pretty creepy. Can you imagine a guy putting women in that situation? Maybe I'm just old, but I found it offensive.

Also I felt sorry for Chris when the girls sent him home. He wasn't the only one talking about the Fantasy Suite. A bunch of them were talking about it, and I saw his point when he said if a woman he was interested in slept with one of the other men, he would lose interest. I would feel the same way. I thought Gabby especially was pretty pushy and wouldn't let him explain himself. I thought the guy who told them about the conversation was a little p**** and was just trying to get Chris in trouble. The whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. They made a bad guy out of Chris, when I don't think that's where he was coming from at all.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 19, 2022 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah I found it doubly cringeworthy because there were two bachelorettes sitting there laughing and holding on to each other and saying I don't know where I should look and the obligatory covering of eyes... In between the ogling. I mean, before both of them were laughing and saying how can we trick them into showing their abs. Then they stick them in Speedos with their eye-line at crotch level height. Then they blur out the crotches and most of the butts. If you're going to blur it out then maybe nobody should see it

I'm just imagining if they had two bachelors that were talking about how they could get the girls to show their boobs. Then they made them wear pasties and thongs and had the girls parade out there...then asked what their favorite color was just to make it look like it was a valid challenge.

The only thing that could have made it worse was if they had a female host. Oh well that's kind of what happened last year they had two female hosts and one female bachelorette... And I saw some of the same happening in those seasons also.

I guess I'm just old too! Lol! Do you remember though with one of the bachelorettes they had something similar where the guys were in some revealing costume or Speedos or whatever and one of the guys who had a daughter said he was not going to do it because he didn't want his daughter to see him like that. Good for him. I wish all 28 of those guys had said that.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2022 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I do remember that. But then, this show has never been known for having any class or taste.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2022 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, it's so trashy and in poor taste to do that to the men. It would not be okay to do that to the women, and it's not okay to do it to the men. I wish they would stop.

AS for Chris, I'm SO glad they sent him home. I really think it was more of what he said, and how he said it, that was such a turn off. One of the other guys said he was being maniupulative and those kind of ultimatums are about trying to control a situation. The way he spoke about the ladies and being on the show indicated he saw it as something he could and would control, rather than being open to actually feeling something or falling for one of the ladies. Chris gave me super creep vibes and I'm glad I don't have to hear him speak each week

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 22, 2022 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Since, you are not alone. I have never understood why anyone would use mass humiliation and/or exposure to the danger of actual injury) as a way to choose who stays or goes.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, July 22, 2022 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
True...That's the other thing they do that gets my goat. Where they encourage bodily injury with some kind of stupid physical contest to win a date.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
My gosh ... Does this season and this show just get worse and worse? Lol I mean guys in hotpants pouring suds all over themselves....or having adult babies roll out of their crotch...

I said before this even started that having one pool of guys that are dating two girls can only become very messy. They should have divided the guys between the two girls. I was cracking up when Gabby was all upset because 3 of the guys told her they were interested in Rachel. She literally had a meltdown. Then later it was Rachel's turn to be upset because three men in a row told her they prefered Gabby. I don't get it. You only need one guy. It doesn't matter if the other 99 are not interested...you only need one.

I don't understand why they took the Rose away from the girls if the guys declined to accept it? Did Gabby then end up with more guys than Rachel?

This show has become such a Cluster-you-know-what. It was almost too much at the end when "Meatball" (who just refused Rachel's Rose saying he was actually interested in Gabby) came back to ask Rachel if he could have a second chance with her because...he really preferred her.

I'm sure there are going to be a couple more guys that are going to try to to switch girls later on. This is going to be such a train wreck

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, this last episode was horrible.

The 'games' were stupid.

The grandfather going along on the date was not necessary.

Oh, and Rachel moaning to Gabby about the men refusing her rose.

When Gabby said that is what happened to her, Rachel said "But it happened in front of everybody"

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc...Oh that cracked me up too!!!
"In front of everyone"? It's on TV!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Based on the number of Roses Gabby had, I think the girls discussed who they wanted before the roses were handed out. Gabby had her guys picked out. Seems like Rachel was going to invite more of the guys to stay. If you think about the guys who went home, it was the three guys who rejected Rachel's rose, plus the one guy who looks like Tarzan, who clearly neither gal wanted.

I really hope this goes better now that the guys are divided up. So far I just can't see this ending well for either gal. Gabby has a lot of baggage. None of these guys seem like a front runner to me.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I accidentally started watching this show when the men had to choose the Bachelorette. I tuned in the next week to see who won.

It has always been a train wreck, but this year might be too bad to keep watching.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I did feel bad for Gabby when the one guy insinuated that her morals weren't good enough for him and that she was "rough around the edges." Who says that to someone's face?! That was rude. But then Rachel gave him a rose!

It was kind of funny when the same thing happened to Rachel at the Rose Ceremony and Rachel was all bent out of shape. I could see how their feelings could be hurt, though.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It just keeps getting better... worse. There just is no hope for this season. SMH

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It really is pretty awful. And this constant cancelling of the cocktail party has gotten out of hand. They keep complaining about how little time they have to build these relationships, and then they have these pouty emotional episodes and cancel the party where they can actually talk to them and develop the relationships!

That ship they are on looks great. So strange that it is sailing with so few people on it -- I guess a 'luxury' of things being closed due to covid.

And it's so funny how nearly every season they do some event where they guys are so engaged in the event (usually sports) and into bonding with each other that they forget the girl is even there. Happens ALL THE TIME. The Guys can be so clueless!