TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 09, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Clayton’s Season : Archive through March 09, 2022 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think because cartographers and explorers who went out to "discover" lands that already had people and names, they just Anglicized and imposed names... just a guess.

In many cases those imposed names have remained, from the last conqueror, but some original names remain.

And wars.. and countries that split.

Country names change.. I had a coworker from Burma and she refused to call her homeland Myanmar.

Peking.. Beijing

Coutries that were ruled by the Dutch or the British or the French.. when they left often the names were restored or changed. Mumbai was changed to Bombay by the Brits and then Mumbai was restored when the Brits left.

New Amsterdam New York Manhattoe was the indigeous name that morphed into Manhattan.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, February 21, 2022 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sea so true, I had forgotten some of those! Adding, Persia that then became Iran.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
At the end of the date when they had Chris de Burgh sing Lady In Red.... I realized she really didn't have any choice in the dress she was going to choose....lol

If I start counting the amount of times that everybody says "like"....

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, Sincebb1!!! I almost always use the CC on my TV, since so many of them seem to mumble and I don't understand what they're saying. I thought it was just Sarah at first with the "like(s)," but now I realize that Clayton says it too! I really don't find him all that attractive. And so far he doesn't seem that smart to me, but maybe he's better in person.

I'm glad he seems to have weeded out all the ones who think it's a "competition" and they want to win, rather than form a genuine connection with the guy. But the previews they've been showing us about the finale are disappointing. I wonder why they would reveal so much about the ending in the previews? They're spoiling their own show!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, February 26, 2022 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, we also have CC on our TV at all times. My husband is a little hard of hearing. And frankly half the time, you're right, they mumble.

Maybe, what they showed us so far in previews, are just the tip of the iceberg lol Maybe someone that he hasn't slept with yet comes back, and he leaves with her

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I would think that if he hadn't slept with one girl and did sleep with the other two, the one he didn't sleep with might be pretty pissed off about it! Looking forward to the drama. I hope there is more to the story than they've shown us in the previews.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I loved the preview scene of his parents...his dad saying "you screwed the pooch". This must be pretty uncomfortable for his family too LOL

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Serenes brother, I vote for next bachelor, wow.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did I miss something? Has he slept with some of these women?
As an aside, Clayton has been my least favorite bachelor…ever. I even liked Pablo better. Just boring and unattractive.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 01, 2022 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Next week is fantasy suites. So... not yet.
YEs, he's just a boring "nice guy".

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well, this season sure has been a cluster-you-know-what. The spoilers are in line with most of what I thought was going on. In all honesty, I don't imagine anything happened this season in the Fantasy Suites that didn't also occur in other seasons. Just, maybe, that Clayton was candid about it? This certainly promises to be a crazy ending though.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Clayton the nice guy was a bit too honest it seems to his ladies. I wonder how much we get to see tonight. Other gentlemen have done the same in prior seasons.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
And ladies too lol One of them four times in the windmill

From the spoilers I have read, we will get to see everything from all angles...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching last night's WTA. Boy, did they go after Clayton hard! Especially Sierra! I thought it was different how Jesse just kind of sat back and let the women run the show. I don't remember Harrison ever losing control like that.

And those clips from Jesse's season were hilarious! I watched his season and remember when he messed up the names and gave the rose to the wrong girl. I didn't remember him taking it back. I thought they just gave him another rose. How embarrassing!

As much as I've disliked Clayton, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him last night. He does seem like he's trying to do the right thing, but he just doesn't seem prepared for this experience. I don't think he's going to end up with anyone, and will hopefully meet the right girl down the road somewhere. He just seemed beaten last night, and the women were relentless on him!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
You know, now that I think about it. After watching the last several seasons of Bachelor/Bachelorette...I think they should pick Shanae to be the next Bachelorette LOL. I think that would be a good punishment for her!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It would encourage her. Any publicity is good publicity. Look how she got her own section of the show. Made her happy.

Last night's show was pretty painful.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I agree.. the whole thing was pretty painful.

I just thought every year the Bachelor or Bachelorette is in tears because it's just too much. I'm sure most of the guys would tell her she's an ass. I would love to see 36 guys tell her that she's an ass lol

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Like, 20 minutes in, like, I think, like, I don't know , like, can anybody like, say a sentence like, without the word like....like ...like

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 2:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I am so flabbergasted at the way Clayton treated Susie. Turning everything around on her, as if she was the one that did something wrong. It would have been my expectation also to think that 2 days before somebody asked me to marry them that they wouldn't want to sleep with two other women... It would not be incumbent upon her to make this clear to him.

Up until that point I was literally trying to find some sort of compassion for him. But nope, he deserves what he gets from this point on.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I lost a post earlier that said what you said.

And he had said before the three dates that he was calling in love with the other two, but he loved or was in love with Susie. Well why did she not have the first date so he could figure that out, they would talk, she would tell him.

Such a big baby. And he wanted her to stay to talk it out for 7 hours, then he stalked out and really got worked up, she came to him and offered to do what he asked and talk about it and he had a tantrum and hustled her into the car.

She dodged a bullet.. More than his fantasy suite sex, who would want to live with that short fuse?

If he gets engaged to one of the others, they are going to see how he really wanted Susie.

If the twist is that somehow he ended up with Susie coming back, ugh. She needs to run fast and far.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
He was quite skilled in gaslighting. He got Susie to apologize
To him. Geez.
That being said, I kind of see his point, she never indicated to him that she was in love or even all-in for him. He decided to push the other relationships forward and that he did.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I didn’t realize how selfish Clayton could be.

Blaming Susie for not telling him that having sex with both other girls would bother her.

I hope she doesn’t decide to cave in and come back to him.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I think both Clayton and Susie need to grow up.
He took advantage of his opportunity to sleep with as many women as possible. Probably never had that kind of opportunity in his life and never will again.
Does she not know what show she's on? If she has such a high moral compass (not that there's anything wrong with that) then why would she ever have gone on this show?
I couldn't even follow their conversation because I was so distracted by all the likes. Think it was the worst abuse of that word I've ever heard. My hope is that these people watch the season, realize how unintelligent they sound and take steps to expand their vocabulary and speaking skills!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Clayton has no idea what being in love is. He is the jock who says what he wants to get what he wants. Telling women the day of Fantasy Suites that you love them is manipulative. He over reacted to Susie and her concerns because he was mad he was not going to get to sleep with her too. Ick

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think they both come off looking bad and agree with Snoopsmom that they both need to grow up.

Susie giving him this "test" without communicating that to him before hand is unfair. Has she never seen the show? This is what she signed up for and she should have communicated that to him before the fantasy suite dates if that's how she felt. I have a feeling her on camera confessionals is why the producers put her third, hoping to create drama, and boy did they.

As for Clayton. I understood his shock at hearing this, that she never told him any of this but had told him to "explore" the other relationships. But when it turned into such anger my empathy for him faded. He acted like a big old jerk and it's really not the way you treat someone you supposedly love. I understand his frustration, hurt, and it turning to anger. But he behaved in a way that raises a few red flags. So yes it seems he needs to grow up more.