TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 29, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelorette Michelle General Discusions: Archive through October 29, 2021 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching?

I think Tayshia and Kaitlyn are WAY too involved. Going into guys' rooms and going through their belongings and journals and then reporting to Michelle? So happy this will, I hope be the last season for these "hosts".

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, that whole thing was so weird. I have to wonder if production doesn't search their bags and saw this notebook. So devised a way for the hosts to "find it".

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think that search was an invasion of privacy.

That guy with just his head showing had a bad idea.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The producers absolutely told Taysia and Kaitlyn to go into the guys' rooms. They didn't just do that on their own. It was scripted.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree and I didn't like it at all.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This show has become more and more sleezy over the years.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Production for sure caught this and made it happen. However, how does a show that has one person "date" multiple people get "more" sleezy?

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
And for the official record, I accidentally watched one show one season when they had the guys pick who they wanted to be the girl.... and then I had to see who they picked. And now...... I watch.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL you do have a point there, but I’ll try to explain what I meant.

How does it get more sleezy?

Well I think some of the earlier seasons had contestants who were more sincere and genuine. You could watch and have some hope that a sincere relationship could come out of it.

As another example, production interference and manipulation has become more overt and yes the situations they put the contestants in are even sleazier than before.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think it's more 'sleezy' because we seem to have more people coming on the show for exposure. They want a shot at being the Bachelor, or being on TV and becoming a celebrity. They want to increase their followers and become 'influencers'. Ugh. I'm so tired of it all. I even get a bit tired of Jordan's feed (from big brother) and Carly (from Bachelor) as at times it just feels like they are trying to sell overpriced product I know they got for free. I don't want to watch their commercials or infomercials!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I can't wait until they have the Senior Citizen Bachelor spin-off. Can you imagine? I'll bet you if they start pulling half of these shenanigans, most of those women would pack their bags and leave.

And instead of visiting the parents they'll be visiting the children. That should be interesting.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Is there really a Senior Citizen Bachelor spin-off? I can't see that many people wanting to watch old people, even though they will most likely pick the most fit and attractive old people. I am an old people (66), so I can say I'd rather watch young and attractive people and remember when that was me!

As for the guy who got caught with the notes in his bag and kicked out, he seemed kind of socially awkward (I recognize this kind of stuff, since I have a son with ASD). I was wondering if he was on the spectrum and has trouble navigating social situations, so his friend's wife made notes for him to help him on the show? I could be totally wrong, but I thought he was kind of unfairly judged. This show (and its contestants) gets a little self-righteous at times.

And the show has always been sleazy. Just the idea of one guy/gal dating multiple people at once is kind of icky, when you think of it. And yet I watch. {Shrug}

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, but the senior citizen season of bachelor has been delayed because of covid. They're afraid of having seniors right now LOL. I believe it was supposed to take place this season? They already have contestants and they've already done interviews. They are saying they're definitely going to do it. It's just delayed.

I seem to remember years ago they had some sort of senior dating something or other. It was a little bit of a train wreck. But it also was very emotional because it was seniors. The rejection was real.

They certainly would have to get an older host, I would hope, then any of the ones they have right now.

I was kind of thinking the same thing about the guy with his notes. I read his ex-girlfriend said that he had been in an imitation bachelor thing somewhere. That he did watch The bachelor. That he made notes about everything in life. Even their relationship. He would always write down how he could better himself every time he did something. She said in fact some of those notes on there were from her. While I was listening to some of that I thought, clearly somebody else wrote some of those notes. I guess there were some from himself and some from other people.

I do think it was a bit a bit odd. Most definitely could have some sort of on the spectrum ADS. Once you read a little bit about him he doesn't look as bad as they were painting him on the show. I don't think the bachelor was the right environment for him and it's probably better he's not still on there. But I think that there might be more to his story than meets our eye

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The show HAS gotten sleasier, absolutely. For quite some time the "dates" are mostly just cringeworthy exercises for a couple who just met.

The people.. I am not sure about sleazy, but more thirsty in many cases (see Brenda's post)..

But I do remember early on we had those like Charlie (I think was the name of that Bachelor) who really had no vocabulary beyond "smokin' hot body" and other such phrases. That type of frat boy demeanor in guys unleashed into this world of available women. The show itself had fewer sleazy "dates" but it was still a questionable premise that one would fall in love (not saying this was every season, but some.. hm Juan Pablo...)

Now with the whole production being sleazier, actually many of the guys seem to have decent resumes but then the specter of "ramp up my social media" raises its ugly head.

When I follow a reality person I like on Instagram, if they have those posts that are blatant ads.. first I look to see if they might atually sincerely have used the item and is it worthy of a discount (if I was even remotely interested), but usually I just don't like that post. And if that is all they can post about then I unfollow.

Never followed anyone from this show, or Jordan, so I don't know about them.

By the way, Claire and whatshisname Dale broke up AGAIN in September. Saw that in People Magazine online.

And he wishe the best for her. Meanwhile she is a couple years older and still looking, I suppose.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I agree... The dates are almost getting uncomfortable. Like the one where they had the guys simulate an orgasm over a loudspeaker and the 3 girls were at the other side sitting on a sofa giggling. For me that was cringe-worthy. Any of the ones where they go on a date and have some sort of Kama Sutra/nudity. These people just met each other, and they're on national TV. Add to that all the forms of social media.

I'm going to throw in there that I don't much like the ones where they battle each other for a date. Where it's actually Hands-On, slam somebody to the ground...and someone could really get hurt.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't enjoy the outrageous dates either. Nor the sexual ones. But I keep watching!

And yeah, as a AARP qualifying adult, I don't really want a senior bachelor. I'd rather watch the young guys, like Charlie. Who was a total player but Was So Cute! That was a long time ago. :-)

It seems the dates have gotten more controversial over the years and without travel they have tried different antics to make them interesting. But they really aren't. It's the real conversations that are interesting to me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not associated with any season but.. Chris Harrison just got engaged and tons of comments on Instagram show a whole lot of support from past bachelers and bachelorettes. This just popped up on my Insta, though I don't think I ever followed Chris. Anyway he looks happy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, I see.. I got into an area of "suggested posts" from people I don't follow...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Congrats to Chris Harrison! Still miss him as host.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Chris Harrison no doubt had some faults but I still think the show was much better when he was hosting. How large a role he played in that is hard to say.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Totally agree.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, this just spirals down so quickly..

One guy claims that everyone but him is saying things and she just believes HIM?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm just confused as to how Jamie wasn't outed as the guilty party. He clearly was the one that was standing there with Mollique, Martin and one other. The others were saying they didn't care and it didn't affect them.

That was Jamie's story he told Michelle... About seeing her at a bar and someone making the comment about her "being with a light skinned baller". When Michelle was addressing the group of them, she was discussing the whole story and saying how upsetting it was to her they were discussing it. But again...Jamie told them that story!

I was waiting for one of the guys at the Rose Ceremony to ask for a show of hands as to who was not guilty... That would have put Jamie in a bind.

Cracks me up how producers can orchestrate Tayshai and Kaitlin going through somebody's personal belongings but the girls can't go talk to all the guys in order to get to the bottom of the situation.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree! It was so odd to me how when she asked the guys no one spoke up to say "I have NO idea what you are talking about -- I have not heard anything about this!" Which is what many of them said After She Walked Away! I really hope a few of them speak up and tell her that the report of all the guys speculating was grossly exaggerated! Jaime always seemed lika snake oils salesman to me. He must be very charming for her to just believe what he said.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 29, 2021 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't believe Michelle's story that she never saw (what's his name) in person before the show.

She spent extra time with him.

I hate the way bachelorette gets so upset by something, that she cannot face a rose ceremony. Grow up. You knew surprises can happen.