TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 03, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelorette Katie -- General Discussions: Archive through August 03, 2021 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, July 15, 2021 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am at a loss to explain Katie's reactions to the men.

She does not seem to be enjoying herself at all.

Her interactions with the men seem forced.

She asks them to do stupid things.

And yet, I am still watching.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 15, 2021 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've been watching for so many years, but I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Maybe once Covid is over and they can travel again, the show will get better. This staying in one place makes them really struggle for storylines. I'm so over the stupid challenges. Ugh!!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, July 15, 2021 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, lack of travel has really hurt this show. I watch and I do enjoy it, but I'm glad I can fast forward a lot. I'm really ready for BiP. And I'm honestly not even looking forward to Michele's season as I'm sure it's at that same hotel with the same stupid dates. Maybe they need a brief hiatus until they can travel again.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 20, 2021 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yep I’m not going to be watching Micheles season. I wasn’t interested in her in the first place and I definitely don’t want to see another Bachelorette so soon after this one. Bring on BIP. It’s oppressively hot there right now where they film BIP, they usually film in March and April, right?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 21, 2021 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Not sure, but I do know that May through September is kind of considered the "off season" in Mexico. Too hot there! And the resort they stay at is not air conditioned. That's why they spend so much time in the pool and the ocean.

I watched the latest episode yesterday afternoon. It's like pulling teeth to force myself to get through it. I do think Katie is the most boring bachette ever. And what was she thinking letting sweet Andrew go home??? Hopefully we'll see him in Paradise.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 21, 2021 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was an especially bad episode.

Katie is the queen of meltdowns.

I don't see what the guys see in her.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 22, 2021 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing, Dogdoc!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 23, 2021 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
This is my husbands favorite Bachelorette ever. Shrug.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
You have my sympathy Lakecat. lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 26, 2021 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What about tonight?? Men tell all and I'm not paying great attantion but I don't like these co-hosts and then suddenly they are showing clips of Kaitlin's proposal, not on the show but on her podcast.

Talk about making the show about you!

And the show is 3/4 over and katie will be on after commercial.

This season is a trainwreck.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 27, 2021 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, that's because they can't show too much of Katie, cause she's boring as crap. I don't understand why the men are all so smitten with her. I do love Michael, though. It absolutely broke my heart when his little boy said his daddy "didn't want to see me anymore." 😭

I don't mind Taysia so much, but Kaitlyn annoys me to death.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 27, 2021 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've never been a Kaitlyn fan and this is not helping.
I wish they would have explained why Michael had to "go home" when hometowns were next! Why not just fly home right away for hometowns and have Katie come and see him and figure things out then? Why exit like that? Makes no sense to me when hometowns were next! Aren't they going home? Or are they flying the families into the resort and pretending they are home?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, July 28, 2021 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
They were going to see his parents - unless I missed something, we dont know if James was staying with Michael's parents or the other set of grandparents - or someone else - so "hometowns" might not mean his current home....

(this is like only the 3rd or 4th time I am watching since the franchise started - it's beyond a train wreck)

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Wednesday, July 28, 2021 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
The hometowns I believe are at the resort. I think they aren’t allowed to leave the bubble. They had mentioned earlier when one of the guys got hurt that if they had to go to the hospital then he would have to leave the show because of quarantine.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 28, 2021 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I guess we'll find out Monday if they are really home or just pretending at the resort. It's confusing because Michael told his son, before he decided to go home, that they'd get a 1 week vacation together. So it sounded like he was going 'home' for hometowns, but would only be there a week.

And the timing of the men tell all is just weird. I avoid spoilers, but something clearly is off with this season. In many ways. LOL.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 28, 2021 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
In the past two seasons during quarantine, they have brought the families in to the resort and pretend they are taking them "home" to meet their families. There is no more flying around the country until quarantine is over (at least when this season was filmed, back in the spring). The last couple of seasons, they have had activities representing their home towns, but they can't go there. Everything stays at the resort until they are done filming. They are all in quarantine, and everyone must isolate for 10-14 days before entering the bubble (including any family members). They are being very careful.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wondered why Michael just left too when he’s so close to the finish line. Maybe he wasn’t that in to her. I did think it was odd he told his son “ Daddy has to work”. I wouldn’t call this a job if you are truly looking for a spouse,it’d only be a job if you are trying to get a job in show business.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, August 02, 2021 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
saying Daddy has to work is totally appropriate language for a 4 year old when a parent is away. I might have used different language being direct with my child at that age, but 80% of parents i know would go the "i have to work" route as an easy way to explain why they are away.

And I am in total support of Michael for leaving after James says "maybe Daddy left because he don't wanna see me." That is TOTALLY something a child would say when missing their parent, and totally a deal breaker for many parents to stop whatever they are doing and focus on the child. Days are like weeks to kids that young...even being away from my son for four days was super rough for him at that age - and they often express their worry or loneliness by getting into fights at daycare or other outbursts. Especially when there is only one parent.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 02, 2021 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I 100% agree with you, Legalboxer. That absolutely broke my heart when he said, "Maybe Daddy doesn't want to see me anymore." That would have crushed me if my son had said that to me at that age. The longest we ever left him when he was that little was three days. We went to an awards dinner in Dallas, and my mom came and stayed with him. She still took him to preschool and for playdates, so his life was fairly unchanged. I think I missed him more than he missed me. I would have felt terribly guilty leaving him for as long as it takes to film this show.

Michael leaving was the right decision. His first priority is his little son, and if his son was suffering, he had no choice but to go home to him. Doesn't matter if he was into Katie or not. The child is always first.

And the reason he told his son "Daddy has to work," was because he couldn't tell him he was looking for a girlfriend or a "new Mommy." That would only be confusing to the little boy, especially if it didn't work out.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 02, 2021 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’ve never had kids so that makes sense now.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 02, 2021 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I understand the "work" explanation. But I think he was so close to the end, he could have stayed and the kid would be fine. Kids say things and then 5 minutes later they have moved on. Yes, it's painful to leave your kids. I cried for 2 hours straight when I learned I had to go out of town for two weeks of training when my only child was little (and I'm a single parent) but we were both fine. They did get to facetime every day (there was no facetime in my day). And plenty of parents leave for months at a time away from their family (military). It's not easy, but he was so close to the finish line that I question if he didn't get a sudden case of cold feet.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 02, 2021 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My heart was breaking tonight for Greg. OR whatever his name is! I totally adore him and he's my pick. But gosh that was so weird when he was pouring his heart out to her and she just sat there, almost stone faced, like a deer in the headlights. No wonder he freaked out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't see it that way. She had a big smile on her face and seemed very happy about what he was saying. I was totally with Katie in that I didn't understand what Greg wanted! Katie and I were both so confused as to what she could say to him. She was obviously in love with him, but she wanted to wait till the very end to tell him. She should have just broken down and told him, "I'm in love with you!" It seemed like he just went nuts. I was totally with Katie on this. It seemed like he just flipped a switch and shut down. Nothing she could say to him was getting through. Communication is so hard!!!!

I'm hoping he comes back next week and they work things out, cause they obviously love each other.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I read two different recaps, one agrees with your take on it and the other with mine. I just felt like she should have opened her heart to him as well! There is so much she could have said and she just stared at him and told him she liked looking at him! She could have told him how much she appreciates his vulnerability. Or how much she can feel that he really loves her. Anything. Communication was breaking down for sure. I don't think the guys have any idea about her vow of silence about "love" to them. It seems like she may have her own fears about being vulnerable to them and may be holding back. I can't wait to see how all of this ends.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I hope he comes back too. I like them both and they seem to really care about each other. But if he doesn't I want him as the next Bach! I adored him from the start. Love at first sight. LOL.