TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 29, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 29, 2012 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, yes they are. I'm not as astute as picking up all of the details concerning Courtney's ITM that all of the viewers and Reality Steve picked up on (and they picked up on a lot). Maybe a couple of editors will be fired after this.

However, the one thing I thought was really odd was when Ben made the comment about Courtney "twisting the knife." I kept wondering how he could have known that because at that point in Switzerland, he only knew the other girls didn't like Courtney. He couldn't have known she was "twisting the knife" unless he had watched the episodes.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
What's ITM?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought he meant some comments she made at a rose ceremony or two, that he would have heard. She mentioned "when <I think Emily> left"..and he was there for that. Maybe that was the twisting knif he meant.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And I think Courtney is there "at the end" since he'll propose to one (or something like that) and send the other home..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
In the moment?

I'm not saying you're wrong about the re-filming but it seems kind of dumb on the editor's part for a few reasons. One reason is they look bad because they didn't do it well enough to fool people. Also, not that the show had all that much credibility, but they are truly making it suspect by doing this. And finally, the editors/producers could have edited Courtney to look better (by not showing all her comments and conflicts) but decided to show us her negativity and now that the show is almost over they are trying to get us to like her more? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Do you think that maybe they have fake canvas backdrops? Kind of like when we go to JCPenny's to get our family portrait and they have that fake background behind us?

I'd really like to think these shows don't go back and reshoot stuff weeks or months later to try and fool us. I know they stage a lot of things, but reshooting really goes beyond manipulation and into deception.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, so you don't think it's already suspect based on the truly lousy script that Ben reads from? :-)

I think they edit the show, then air it, then realize they majorly goofed because they thought maybe Courtney (or Ben) would be better liked than they are?

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I watched with a half eye and got the distinct feeling there was some editing done with Courtney’s talk about feeling bad about being mean to the girls. I do think TPTB are dumb enough to try to fool the public....it's a ridiculous dating show after all and like someone unthread said I feel filthy after watching and need to shower the filth off. LOL But I still watch!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Courtney got the nice safe date. The other two got stuck with so called repelling and a helicopter ride to the top of a high mountain peak.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
What I don't understand is the fact that Ben was happy that Courtney said she was sorry. But she said it to Ben....well she wasn't mean to him (except all the lying). Why didn't they have her say I'm sorry to the girls....because they would not have brought it!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Speaking just from my own POV, Ben seems to be the most unlikable Bachelor ever! I used to really like him, but now he just makes my skin crawl whenever he's on the screen. I stopped believing this show had anything to do with love a long time ago. I just watch for the fabulous scenery and the incredible locations. Also the really cool dates. I always laugh when they act like they could die doing some of these crazy things. It may be scary, but they've never killed anybody yet and I seriously doubt they would put anyone in actual danger.

Cannot WAIT till the WTA!!! Should be a riot! (Maybe quite literally.)

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I just can't get over the fact that he goes into a rose ceremony with greasy unbrushed hair... I think he needs a haircut but whatever if that is his "style" but at least wash it and brush it... after all the girls dress up.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think his hair is washed (I sure hope so), but probably gel'd to look that way. Yes, he needs a bit of a makeover.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I figure with a bachelor like Ben, they'd darn well better go to awesome locations. Cuz he sure ain't a catch. I dunno if his hair is greasy but the lack of styling is quite bothersome.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Just in case you haven't thought Ben was sleazy enough watch this. R rated language. Ben's rap video

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well that popped my bubble from watching Parenthood.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I really loved seeing the Swiss scenery! Gorgeous!

I was very surprised that Ben said he loved Lindzi at least three times during the show. I was also very surprised that she had to go on another scary date. Poor girl. And she didn't have a jacket and must have been freezing for hours! I think she was a bit irritated at having to go on yet another adrenaline fear filled date.

In his blog, Ben talked about Courtney needing to take responsibility for her actions. How does he even know about her actions for sure? I wish they'd let viewers know. Chris called us conspiracy theorists. I really like Chris, but that really rubbed me the wrong way.

I don't think all the bachelors and bachelorettes sleep with all of the final 3 during the fantasy suite dates, but I think some of them do.

I really hope it's Courtney on the WTA show. I am very surprised that one of the F2 will be there because they have never done that before. Although, I supposed that could be incorrect since that info came only from Reality Steve?

I'm happy to know that Ben's family is going to Switzerland for the finale so that we can see more of that beautiful country!

I wonder if Ben is really uncaring (how he comes across) or if he is just really buttoned up with his emotions. He's seemed so cold toward all the women really, and his proposal to Ashley also seemed totally lacking emotion during the proposal. But many of these really nice normal women really seem to like him / love him a lot. (I realize this process sets them up to feel like that with who ever the bachelor is.) Other than Courtney, all the final women have seemed really nice and also very normal and down to earth.

I agree with those of you who think Ben was instantly taken with Courtney because she is a model. She isn't just one of the many models that we've never seen before. She has national tv exposure. She has been around Hollywood some. I think he is star struck because of that.

I have nothing at all against models. I don't like Courtney because she is mean. Not because she is a model.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We can get into all sorts of "what if's" but I have to wonder what the season would have been like if Courtney had not been there and the extent to which people would feel differently about Ben right now? Would it have been an enjoyable season? Because as Happymom mentioned, all of the other women seem unusually nice and they seem to care a lot about Ben. Also a lot of viewers liked Ben a lot when he was originally chosen as the Bachelor.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I did! Not so much now. It's his interactions with Courtney (skinnydipping!) and disrespect for the other women (by skinnydipping with The Model) that turned me off. I find him totally yucky now.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Theoretically, if we take Courtney away, there is no skinny dipping, there is no disrespect and it is Lindzi and Nicki as the final two. Seems like a pretty sweet season to me. Darn that Courtney!!!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the end scene when he and Nicki were making a snowman with the little bit of snow that was around. They were natural with each other, laughing, and having a good time. I wish we could see more of those types of activities where it all seems more natural and comfortable.

I, too, was angered that Lindzi, once again, ended up on an adrenaline date. I notice that he doesn't take Courtney on those type of dates. Maybe he thinks she is too fragile. Lindzi certainly comes across as more active and vibrant and strong!

On the scenery, I have to say that having visited Switzerland in my lifetime, it totally lives up to all the pictures I have ever seen and then some. It is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Ben is so clearly smitten with Courtney. He lets her off the hook way too easily. He's heard enough from several different women yet lets her babbling be "good enough for him". Yuck!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think it would have been a very enjoyable season Jimmer and I think we'd still like Ben! I find that the scenes where Courtney is no where to be found are very enjoyable to me. I think it would have been a happy, boring season without Courtney. With Courtney this is one we likely won't forget so soon.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I really hope it's Courtney on the WTA show. I am very surprised that one of the F2 will be there because they have never done that before. Although, I supposed that could be incorrect since that info came only from Reality Steve?

What info are you saying is incorrect because it came from Reality Steve? RS has been 100% spot-on regarding everything this season before this season even started airing. He has already spoiled the WTA show. I'm not sure what info you think is incorrect.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I commented on how I thought Ben was so NOT a catch at the very beginning. Before Courtney started pulling all her antics. So I'm pretty sure I'd still be saying "what do these women see in him?" And begging for him to find a stylist. I'm pretty sure I still wouldn't like Ben. I think the only thing that could've changed my opinion would've been if they'd also ditched his miserable script writer.

As for Courtney's being a model, she's really not gotten national exposure (other than on this show). She's not well known, she's not famous, she's not a huge runway model, nor is she a big actress.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bingo, Costa hon!!! On any given day, Courtney (and most of these women) wouldn't give Ben the time of day. And I think therein lies his attraction with Courtney, because I'm willing to bet that pre-Bachelorette with Ashley, Ben never dated a model.