TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 28, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 28, 2012 users admin

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Kacie really seemed nervous to be there talking to him.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the spoilers Jag! I had to leave the house halfway through Lindzi's date to keep hubby company at a late night MRI appointment. glad I could check in here to see what I missed.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Rose #1 Lindzi........................Rose #2 Courtney.
Poor Nicki. Ben walks her out and tells her it had nothing to do with her. He said he cried a little today but he had doubts. He told the TV he had stronger feelings for 2 other women and saying goodbye to her was the hardest thing he's had to do on the show.
Next week is TWTA. Shantal makes another appearance. She's the undertaker.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Nice job JAG!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
What a pathetic finale` this will be~

Right up there with Jake/Vienna.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I find Ben has very little emotion when he is talking to each girl. I'm not sure he sees any of them as his wife. I think this is my last season for this show.
As far as being a model is what makes Courtney the way she is or Ben feel differently about her, I dont agree with that. My daughter-in-law is a model living in LA with my son. She is completely down to earth and sweet as can be. Courtney is simply NOT a nice person and if Ben is questioning her actions, then he needs to question himself. I think his real problem is that none of these girls were potential wives.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I don't think anyone is saying that being a model is what makes Courtney the way she is. She's just a plain old mean girl, no matter what she does for a living.

I think what people are speculating is that Ben is star struck with the fantasy that a model, any model, would show any interest in him. It's nothing more than an ego booster for him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I find it hard to believe that Courtney being a model would be that meaningful to Ben. Honestly (and in many cases unfairly), models don't have the best reputation. Plus it's not like Courtney is some sort of super model or cover girl. There are lots of models around or people who have done some sort of modeling.

What I find amazing is that so many of these women that Ben is rejecting seem to care so much about him. Both Kacie and Nicki continued to care about him and warn him even AFTER he rejected them. Short of taking out a large neon sign or airplane banner there isn't much else Ben should need to know that something isn't right.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I;ve never gotten the feeling that Ben's true emotions and feelings have been involved in this whole process. It's almost like he's playing a role and not really invested in this. if he is then he is a real dud in my book. Lackluster personality.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Problem with the show is being given 25 women that "could be a potential wife". But not be the right one for Ben. He seems to have to pick one , just for the ratings.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I could certainly see Kacie B as the next Bachelorette.

Tonight's show was tough to watch. Ben made it pretty obvious what he expected to happen on the dates and I felt dirty just watching! LOL! I can understand the girls feelings of not wanting him to end up with someone who will hurt him (Courtney). If you really do care about someone you do want to see them happy, not with some manipulator.

I have to keep watching this show, if only so that I know who the people on Bachelor Pad are. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Poor Nicki? She just dodged a bullet either way. Being the chosen one then she pisses off her parents to move in with Ben, only to break up and be ridiculed and still with pissed off parents. Or.. the rejected one at final two..

And then we have the returning woman.. hasn't this been DONE already? I mean how embarrassing to be brought back to basically beg him to change his mind and force him to say.. he didn't see it going anywhere, and then have to switch gears and say well, now that I've been rejected AGAIN, let me convince you that, even twice rejected all I care about is your feelings so you must sent Courtney away.

Then after he sends her away, it is suggested to him to put her into the rose ceremony.. so what is he supposed to say then? Oh! You must want me to off Courtney or do you want me to bring this woman back and send her away for a THIRD time?

Pfft.

And what was with that second date? Isn't he done terrifying them yet? I had to agree with her when she kind of wondered if the little card would demand that she jump off a cliff into the fantasy suite? Or maybe the fantasy suite is a cave and they have to crawl and climb to get there?

I dunno, maybe Jimmy Kimmel is right.. he says that Courtney is hated because she "just wants to win the Bachelor". Jimmy says isn't that what they are supposed to do?? You don't hear people saying on the Amazing Race, "all they want to do is win the race".

Jimmy did point out that for one thing, it won't last anyway. He says two weeks until Ben chooses and 8 weeks until they split up.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We too thought they were setting Kacie up to be a Bachelorette. Of course, as if he'd pay any attention to us, we have thought for awhile Kacie would be perfect for our son so we like her based on what we've seen on the show. We certainly like her more than the next Bachelorette.

At this point Ben seems totally committed to picking Courtney. It would be probably the biggest upset pick to us if he went with Lindzi. We also think, as if there's a great success record from this show, that Ben and Courtney will last much longer than the AFR show.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I've never watched WTA, so can't wait to see what that's all about. I can't wait to see how relieved the women are at this point in the show, knowing they dodged a bullet with a most boring man. I can see how the women would get caught up in things (a group hormonal thing maybe?) but I can't wait to see their reactions to the final 2.

And since I've never seen ATR, I'm also looking forward to hearing how Courtney defends herself. And Ben. If they even bother.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Mack, while I think Kacie is a sweetheart, I don't see her being the next Bachelorette. She is way too much under her parents' thumbs. I also think she is too young for something of this magnatude. Her father would stroke out at the thought of her sleeping with three men in the fantasy suite.

Brenda, it also pissed me off how Ben expected Lindzi and Nicki to sleep with him on the overnight date. Courtney was a no-brainer.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reality Steve has his spoilers up for the WTA. Of some note, for the first time ever, one of the F2 will be there on the hot seat.

Also, one astute observer noted:

"Did anyone notice on tonight’s show that Courtney’s ITM about how she treated the girls, and how it must have hurt Ben, was filmed in front of the same “wrought iron” background (backlit pink) that Emily, Ali and Ashley filmed their ITM’s for The Bachelorette? Tells me that producers got Ben and Courtney back to the studio to film new ITM’s, wearing what they wore on their overnight date, to make Courtney look repentent, and to make it look like it was filmed in Switzerland, but it wasn’t. "

This actually makes sense to me because Courtney never told Ben every time he confronted her that the women were telling the truth and she was trashing the women. So the only way Ben could have known how badly Courtney treated the women was if this part of date was filmed after the show started airing. It just seemed odd to me last night that the whole Courtney episode was about her repenting for what she had said and done. This is a very observant viewer who noticed that the ITM were done in the same place as Ashley, Ali and Emily's.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Why do so many here automatically assume that Ben and the women had sex when they were in the fantasy suite? Do you think people can't spend the night in the same room without having sex? I've done it many times - even with my wife.

Didn't Ben and Courtney also talk about her relationship with the other women when they were out on their date?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's entirely possible that the girls said no, put on the brakes at some point. But I've been around enough guys to know exactly what Ben had in mind for that night. He practically said it -- lots of nice euphemisms!

Interesting suggestion above that part of the Ben Courtney stuff was refilmed. It seemed they talked about it a LOT thought. Would they go back and recreate all of that footage? It does seem they are trying to redeem her for us. But it's too little too late.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, not all of it was re-created. The ITM and the part of the FS date where she's going on and on and on and on about how badly she treated the girls were re-filmed - probably on a studio set in L.A.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Are there any screen shots or anything Lexie?

I just noticed the blurb about one of the final 2 being at the WTA. Wow. That could be interesting. Can't wait!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Courtney is at the WTA and it wasn't pretty

Brenda, if you saved your recording from last night, you will notice that when Courtney is giving her ITM regarding how badly she treated the girls, you will notice the background is the same as when Ali, Ashley and Emily were talking. A viewer noticed it and posted on Reality Steve's site. This makes sense because Courtney has never shown any regret until last night about how badly she treated the other women. It appears to be major damage control on behalf of production/ABC.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Lexie, where can I read about Reality Steve's spoilers for WTA?

And I'm not surprised that the producers re-recorded some of Courtney... if she does make it to the end, they need to try and cast her in a much better light than she is in right now. Because from what I've seen, read, and heard, she is pretty much the most disliked contestant on this show. And no one wants to see her at the end. Unless they are thinking, as some of us do, that Ben and Courtney deserve each other. Even though we all know it won't last to the ATR show!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I always delete my recordings. I don't think I could stand to watch the Courtney segment again, even if I had it! I find myself enjoying the show when she's not on, then when she's on screen, I feel myself becoming agitated. LOL.

I can't wait for WTA! Good stuff.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reality Steve

This is his total recap of the WTA, not too many spoilers about Emily's season (he isn't revealing all the names of the men that he knows about yet), and a recap of last night's episode. When you get to page 5 where he recaps Courtney's date - he also addresses the fact that they spliced in Courtney's ITM long after the show had finished filming. Also, if you read Chris H's blog, he's tried to do damage control but lots of viewers picked up on the tiny things indicating some of it was re-filmed and seem to be calling him out on it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So are Reality Steve and other viewers saying that parts of the actual date were re-filmed?